MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-20-2010 at 06:42 PM   #181
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBatt View Post
youre getting the service, standing or sitting, regardless
youre paying to get taken somewhere, not to sit on your ass for 5 minutes
so the fact that they ask you to be courteous for those who have a higher need to sit isnt an issue of "i payed for this"
Oh I don't have a problem with giving up my seat on occasion for an older person/handicapped person who clearly needs it more than me.

I just have an issue with the entitlement and the idea that some passengers' needs are more important by default.

Maybe one day I need to sit down for whatever reason no one is going to give up their seat for me because apparently my needs are not important. I'm not old and I don't have a stroller or kids so screw me.

nerual likes this.
Old 09-20-2010 at 07:06 PM   #182
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBatt View Post
its not even the standing that is the problem

older people have less spatial sense and balance, so for them to be standing on a moving bus could be so detrimental to their health

and a mom with a stroller needs to be in one secure spot if she has a child
How is a mom sitting beside her stroller, not paying attention to her child in a "secure" spot?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-20-2010 at 07:53 PM   #183
Chambini

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I hate body builders (or their like) who arrive late to class and squeeze in between two normal sized students, effectively engulfing them muscle tissue.

Arm rests are for everybody. One day that man will be pumping my gas.

AelyaS, noni_e like this.
Old 09-20-2010 at 08:19 PM   #184
belindz!

Liked: 17 Times

frikken girls talkin about how professor lovric is....
every dam second he says something and its "aww hes so cute...aww...yeaa you go lovric..."-->WTF? Hes a sick prof but F*** shut it
Old 09-20-2010 at 08:31 PM   #185
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Lovric? Lol... I'm sure you mean Krepski.

But on the subject, he's actually one of the best looking men I've ever seen. Between him and his style... -drool-

Old 09-20-2010 at 09:02 PM   #186
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Lovric? Lol... I'm sure you mean Krepski.

But on the subject, he's actually one of the best looking men I've ever seen. Between him and his style... -drool-
Cutest Prof ever = Stuart Henderson.

He was a history Prof, he wasn't full time though so I guess he didn't get a full time position like he wanted.

I really hope someone else here has seen him so they know what I'm talking about.
Old 09-20-2010 at 09:14 PM   #187
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
How is a mom sitting beside her stroller, not paying attention to her child in a "secure" spot?
youre just arguing for arguments sake, which is pretty pointless

but if you need me paint you a picture i will
if a mom is standing up with her childs stroller grasped in her hands
she cannot hold on to a pole - which poses a problem because the bus is jerky
so, this will cause both a problem for mother and other people around them

now if she is sitting, her body is more stable, allowing her to stabilize the stroller as well
if she doesnt lose balance while sitting, she can ensure that the stroller is secure

if youre going to tell me that it doesnt matter if she stands or sits, i feel sorry for your kid if you ever get put in that position
Old 09-21-2010 at 09:55 AM   #188
AP90

Liked: 3 Times

You know what else really grinds my gears?
Centro, as a general statement, but more specifically how they modernized it. The building? Still hideous. The TVs? Expensive and not turned on (not the menu tvs, the ones behind the check out thing)

THOSE BIG GREY SQUARE LOOKING CHAIRS THAT ARE SO MISLEADING BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY'LL BE COMFORTABLE BUT THEY'RE SO NOT.

allstarme, REPLEKIA/. like this.
Old 09-21-2010 at 12:02 PM   #189
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

another annoying thing on the bus is when someone thinks they are "too cool" to hold onto the handle bars when standing and the bus comes to a sudden halt and they go flying and pushing everyone like a domino set. i'm pretty sure the rest of the people dont see them as "too cool" now

Equinox likes this.
Old 09-21-2010 at 12:39 PM   #190
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

@Sew12: big difference between cute and good looking, hehe. Krepski is actually HOT. XDD

@Alex: If you think I'm arguing for the sake of arguing, then you clearly don't bus around often enough to see the ****ed up shit that I do.

PS: You do know that stroller wheels LOCK, right? Yea, that ****ing thing is going to fly around everywhere.

Take a ride down Barton and tell me how many coked out moms you see caring about their child, then come back. You're the one arguing for the sake of arguing.

Trust me, the stroller is NOT the problem. That shit ain't moving.

Old 09-21-2010 at 01:23 PM   #191
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

^ Just because they're older or have a child doesn't grant them "greater need". If an older person seriously would have negative health effects from riding a bus, they likely shouldn't be going out anywhere to begin with. My grandma is approaching 80 and she's probably just as fit as majority of the kids here, tbh. Not to mention she'd probably be offended if you offered her a seat just because she was "older".

Courtesy? Sure. But I'm not going to give up my seat if I've got bags of groceries to carry just because someone looks old. That's awfully judgemental, isn't it?
Old 09-21-2010 at 06:59 PM   #192
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

God almighty, okay, then don't give up your seats.
I still will.
Old 09-21-2010 at 07:17 PM   #193
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I used to give up my bus seats for women until I (about 13 years old at the time) was effectively yelled at and embarrased in front of a busload of people by a feminist. "I'm not just a sex object" my ass.

I used to give up my bus seats for the elderly until I (about 18 years old at the time) was effectively yelled at and embarrassed in front of a busload of people by an elderly woman. "I'm not feeble" my ass.

I used to give up my bus seats for the handicapped/mentally disabled/pregnant* until...well, I still do, but I figure it's only a matter of time.

*of course the woman must be VERY OBVIOUSLY pregnant...yes, I got yelled at/embarrassed by a fat woman too. "I'm not pregnant" my ass.

Tough nuts...one rotten apple truly does spoil the bunch.

Last edited by Mowicz : 09-21-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Old 09-21-2010 at 07:20 PM   #194
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I used to give up my bus seats for women until I (about 13 years old at the time) was effectively yelled at and embarrased in front of a busload of people by a feminist. "I'm not just a sex object" my ass.

I used to give up my bus seats for the elderly until I (about 18 years old at the time) was effectively yelled at and embarrassed in front of a busload of people by an elderly woman. "I'm not feeble" my ass.

I used to give up my bus seats for the handicapped/mentally disabled/pregnant* until...well, I still do, but I figure it's only a matter of time.

Tough nuts, one rotten apple truly does spoil the bunch.

*of course the woman must be VERY OBVIOUSLY pregnant...yes, I got yelled at/embarrassed by a fat woman too.

That sucks.

I just offer my seat up out of respect. I haven't yet had someone yell at me.
Old 09-21-2010 at 09:37 PM   #195
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post

*of course the woman must be VERY OBVIOUSLY pregnant...yes, I got yelled at/embarrassed by a fat woman too. "I'm not pregnant" my ass.

Tough nuts...one rotten apple truly does spoil the bunch.
Be a man and stand up for yourself.

You should never in your life be embarrassed by a fat person, they're the most disgusting people on earth.

Great Fatsby likes this.