MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 09-19-2010 at 04:40 PM   #166
doug

Liked: 82 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I also hate it when people don't offer up their seats to an older passenger, even if the person isn't neccessarily a senior citizen.
Hey, if I took the time to rush past them and push them out of the way to board the bus, I had better get to sit down!
Old 09-19-2010 at 05:49 PM   #167
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
I also hate it when people don't offer up their seats to an older passenger, even if the person isn't neccessarily a senior citizen.
**** that, why are older people more entitled to a seat? I can't reach the top gray/grey bars near the back doors and I don't know how often I get stuck in the middle not being able to reach anything to hold on to. That's the luck of the draw.

Just like I don't understand why bus drivers insist on stopping for every goddamn person with a ****ing stroller even if the bus is JAM PACKED.

I've been on a bus with FOUR STROLLERS once. Do you know how many people that could fit? But nope, the bus was now "full" and wouldn't pick up any more people even though there was probably a maximum of 15 people on it. But if that was the other way around (bus completely full), then the bus driver would insist on squeezing them on. HAVING A BABY DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO ANYTHING.

The worst is the idiots with the giganto strollers who sit RIGHT AT THE FRONT across of the first pole on the bus...I squeezed my way through once and brushed against her stroller and the ***** started screaming at me full force so I replied with, "next time get your fat ass out the way or I'll punt your baby out the window."

LOL.

I love me.

Angry looks ensued.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 09-19-2010 at 05:54 PM.

RyanC likes this.
Old 09-20-2010 at 12:57 PM   #168
AP90

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
i feel the same about people with babies/small children/carriages. They need to sit down! stop being a lazy poop head.
Old 09-20-2010 at 02:21 PM   #169
Jason036

Liked: 25 Times

When people stink and you have to be pressed up against them in lecture class.
Old 09-20-2010 at 03:01 PM   #170
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
I hate when I get out of my seat or don't take a seat for an older person, and then some young douchebag goes and sits in it.

AelyaS, anon491, belindz! like this.
Old 09-20-2010
Ownaginatios
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-20-2010
Ownaginatios
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-20-2010 at 03:11 PM   #171
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
Here's a complaint of my own. Behold the attached screenshot, from my online PSYCH 1X03 lecture.

Being something of a grammar nazi, this causes me anguish. :(
The fact that I didn't catch this until just now also causes me anguish. :(

</****>
LOL, oh no!!!
I would SO report that to Dr. Kim. xD
It would drive me nuts. O_O

Old 09-20-2010 at 03:16 PM   #172
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Annoying is when people RSVP to something and don't show or RSVP for the sake of getting free shit and don't care about the actual event itself.

Not pointing any fingers or anything.

LOL thanks a lot
-__-

But in defense, I un-RSVP'd myself from the Social an hour before.
LMAO

Old 09-20-2010 at 06:23 PM   #173
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
**** that, why are older people more entitled to a seat? I can't reach the top gray/grey bars near the back doors and I don't know how often I get stuck in the middle not being able to reach anything to hold on to. That's the luck of the draw.

Just like I don't understand why bus drivers insist on stopping for every goddamn person with a ****ing stroller even if the bus is JAM PACKED.

I've been on a bus with FOUR STROLLERS once. Do you know how many people that could fit? But nope, the bus was now "full" and wouldn't pick up any more people even though there was probably a maximum of 15 people on it. But if that was the other way around (bus completely full), then the bus driver would insist on squeezing them on. HAVING A BABY DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO ANYTHING.

The worst is the idiots with the giganto strollers who sit RIGHT AT THE FRONT across of the first pole on the bus...I squeezed my way through once and brushed against her stroller and the ***** started screaming at me full force so I replied with, "next time get your fat ass out the way or I'll punt your baby out the window."

LOL.

I love me.

Angry looks ensued.

I guess it's a respect/age thing, as in people who are older are more prone to tiredness blah blah, stuff like that. If I knew that my mom/dad/grandpa was tired and they got on a bus where the seats were occupied by my age or younger, and wasn't offered a seat, I wouldn't be so happy.

And pushing around a stroller is tiring and annoying. If I were a bus driver, I'd pick up ladies with strollers, bollocks to the young and able people on my bus. I understand they're passengers too, but the needs of the lady with a stroller outweigh the ones of the kid with a backpack and some books.
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:28 PM   #174
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
I understand they're passengers too, but the needs of the lady with a stroller outweigh the ones of the kid with a backpack and some books.
This is bs.

If I'm paying for the service too what makes the needs of other passengers more important than my own?

Why is someone pushing a stroller more entitled to a seat on the bus than me?

I get the older person thing to a degree but just b/c older people might get tired more quickly with activity doesn't mean young people can't be tired or in need of a seat.

Until I don't have to pay for my transportation services because I'm apparently not as entitled to a seat as other paying customers than screw that.

bloodywarz likes this.
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:31 PM   #175
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

^Makes sense, but pretty sure we can take standing a bit longer than an oldie/mom who is handling her kid and her bags.
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:32 PM   #176
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
... so I replied with, "next time get your fat ass out the way or I'll punt your baby out the window."

LOL.

I love me.

Angry looks ensued.
Damn, makes me want to take the bus on a regular basis instead of biking.. just for the lulz
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:35 PM   #177
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
This is bs.

If I'm paying for the service too what makes the needs of other passengers more important than my own?

Why is someone pushing a stroller more entitled to a seat on the bus than me?
youre getting the service, standing or sitting, regardless
youre paying to get taken somewhere, not to sit on your ass for 5 minutes
so the fact that they ask you to be courteous for those who have a higher need to sit isnt an issue of "i payed for this"

AelyaS likes this.
Old 09-20-2010 at 06:38 PM   #178
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
^Makes sense, but pretty sure we can take standing a bit longer than an oldie/mom who is handling her kid and her bags.
its not even the standing that is the problem

older people have less spatial sense and balance, so for them to be standing on a moving bus could be so detrimental to their health

and a mom with a stroller needs to be in one secure spot if she has a child

AelyaS, myroodle like this.