MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 10-08-2010 at 03:41 PM   #346
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

When your waiting outside the room your midterm takes place and people are discussing the material out loud. What exactly is the purpose of studying 5 minutes before a midterm, and out loud?

Annoying much.

anon491, Biochem47 like this.
Old 10-08-2010 at 03:44 PM   #347
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
1. You're not fat -.-'
2. When I said "sexy," I was thinking of fishnet stockings =0
I don't think fishnet stockings are sexy. Ever. No matter how skinny/fat/old/young you are. Have you ever tried wearing them in the cold (because you think you look hot)? Oh the irony there. Anyway, you get frostbite and then have this criss-cross pattern on your legs from where the stockings were. Now THAT is DAMN sexy.
Old 10-08-2010 at 04:00 PM   #348
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Why do people not know how to walk on a ****ing sidewalk?
Treat everything like a road.

KEEP RIGHT.

This happens like 30 times a day, urgh.
Old 10-08-2010 at 07:25 PM   #349
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
When your waiting outside the room your midterm takes place and people are discussing the material out loud. What exactly is the purpose of studying 5 minutes before a midterm, and out loud?

Annoying much.
Some people have last minute questions they'd just like to get clarified.

I agree they shouldn't be doing it loudly, but I don't think it's taboo to speak before a test.

Just wear headphones if you don't want to hear people talk.

Honestly, (and this is not towards you, you made a valid point), but it annoys me when people complain that people talk before a midterm because
A) "it freaks me out" or
B) "they discuss super complicated things that I don't understand" or
C) "You shouldn't even be studying before a test!!1! You're going to fail"

Protip: if people are talking about something before a midterm and you don't understand it, it's either i) not going to be tested upon or ii) you didn't study enough or you're just dumb.

And who the hell gets stressed from having a conversation about the topic before a midterm? Someone says something you don't entirely recall - who cares? Just ask them to explain, or forget it and trust your brain to remember it during the test.

Rakim, britb like this.
Old 10-08-2010 at 07:38 PM   #350
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Or people who smoke who sit beside you! You get a headache and can't breathe properly... EWW. AND UGH. Go pollute your own air.

This might sound weird, but I'd rather sit next to someone who smells like smoke than someone who has drowned themselves in a bottle of Calgon's Vanilla spray and is burning the inside of my nose with an invisible bakery-smelling flame.

Gives me a headache.

Maegs likes this.
Old 10-08-2010 at 07:40 PM   #351
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

^I'd just hold my breath until I pass out.
Old 10-08-2010 at 07:48 PM   #352
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Cigarette smell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BO

And really, cigs don't smell that bad. I enjoy the smell, although the old, stagnant smell isn't nearly as pleasing as fresh tobacco burning.

In short: Move elsewhere if it bothers you that bad.

Old 10-08-2010 at 08:49 PM   #353
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
This might sound weird, but I'd rather sit next to someone who smells like smoke than someone who has drowned themselves in a bottle of Calgon's Vanilla spray and is burning the inside of my nose with an invisible bakery-smelling flame.

Gives me a headache.
I will agree that Axe is pretty bad. I remember in grade eight when most guys wore it, and the halls all the way down the locker rooms reeked of it. It basically ruined Axe for me for life. Then, one of my best friends wears it and it smells great on him. I guess it's just all about moderation.
Old 10-08-2010 at 10:03 PM   #354
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I know this has been said multiple times but PEOPLE STOP WALKING SLOWLY IN FRONT OF ME!!! I have to get from the hospital to the basement of TSH in 5 minutes; I'm glad that you're done your class and you don't have to rush anywhere else, but guess what? Other people do! So slow down once everyone else's classes have started, not in between classes. URGH.

push them down!!
Old 10-08-2010 at 10:18 PM   #355
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
Cigarette smell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BO

And really, cigs don't smell that bad. I enjoy the smell, although the old, stagnant smell isn't nearly as pleasing as fresh tobacco burning.

In short: Move elsewhere if it bothers you that bad.

Annoying thing: Even though I like the sme of cigarettes too, I hate it when people blow it in ourface. Or the smokers in school who wave their cigarettes around and then it all goes in your eyes, aaahh. The stagnant smell isnt my favourite, but it sure as hell beats Sir Axe-a-lot and Lady Calgon.
Old 10-08-2010 at 10:28 PM   #356
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

I like how you prefer the harmful substance.
Old 10-09-2010 at 01:01 AM   #357
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Aren't you always like, yay women's rights and etc?
Am I?

Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

All I know is some people really need to keep the sexual activities of their "friends" to themselves, or at least talk about them at a lower volume, or not at 7 am.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:35 AM   #358
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

people who won't stfu in thode basement's quiet study area.

I know it's a problem in other libraries, but this is THODE. it's usually quiet here D< don't need you chillin in the cubicles next to me chatting with your friends. use a study room or something.
Old 10-12-2010 at 01:35 PM   #359
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

I find it really annoying when my professors are doing iclicker questions and when discussing them say "answer number A"

I know you're a chem prof and all, but I learned that A is a letter before I even went to kindergarten. It bugs me that you still haven't figured this out.

Last edited by Replekia : 10-12-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2010 at 02:12 PM   #360
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
I find it really annoying when my professors are doing iclicker questions and when discussing them say "answer number A"

I know you're a chem prof and all, but I learned that A is a letter before I even went to kindergarten. It bugs me that you stiill haven't figured this out.

That's not so bad, I have a friend who always says words when he really means letters

For example, how many words are in "random word"
or in scrabble, how many words do you guys have/how many words do we start off with etc.