MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
upper year biology courses takeabreath Academics 10 05-29-2014 03:48 PM
2nd Year Biology courses drslayer987 Academics 8 06-12-2013 12:30 AM
Third year Biology or Biochem Courses kwyhan Academics 3 09-06-2011 03:36 PM
Confused about Biology courses for first year killza First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-21-2009 03:24 PM
Biology-Third Year Courses mnk1988 Academics 22 06-20-2009 09:13 PM

Third year biology courses

Old 11-30-2015 at 09:54 AM   #1
Gaviie

Liked: 0 Times

Third year biology courses
Is there a third year course similar to Bio 2B03 that students in honours bio must take? I would like to know if I should keep my notes if they will help in third year courses. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2015 at 10:27 AM   #2
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

Do people actually throw away notes? What is the logic behind that? I just take the stack of notes and throw it in the corner somewhere, its not exactly taking up a whole bunch of space. And if its digital notes, as in pdf and powerpoints (why is powerpoint still a thing with pdfs available?) they're not taking up a lot of space either with storage in the tens if not hundreds of GBs on any computer in the last 10 yrs, throw them in some folder named "[courseName] notes" and they're out of the way.
Old 11-30-2015 at 10:37 AM   #3
Gaviie

Liked: 0 Times

I was wondering more along the lines of "would these notes be useful in upper year courses"?
Old 11-30-2015 at 02:11 PM   #4
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

I dont think you need to take this course for Biology but it's an option. There are some fourth year Molbiol courses that require this as a prereq but I guess if you're not taking those either then you wont need to take the following.

MOLBIOL 3B03 - Advanced Cell Biology

3 unit(s)
The molecular organisation and function of eukaryotic cells are examined, with a focus on information transfer from the cell surface and from the nucleus. Emphasis is placed upon interpretation of the research literature.
Three lectures, one tutorial; one term
Prerequisite(s): BIOLOGY 2B03 (or ISCI 2A18); and one of BIOLOGY 2C03 or MOL BIOL 2C03
Antirequisite(s): BIOCHEM 3C03, LIFE SCI 3M03, MOL BIOL 3H03, 3HH3

Gaviie says thanks to Imperious for this post.