MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a cheap deck or bicycle lawleypop Automotive & Transportation 17 09-03-2010 07:28 AM
Spring/Summer Sign Up? Deegs14 Academics 9 03-01-2010 02:37 PM
Summer School sign up? Mamber Academics 3 01-10-2010 01:25 PM
Bicycle Parking Violations snaps General Discussion 11 11-25-2009 03:49 AM
When is the best time to sign a lease? Kathy2 General Discussion 11 10-13-2009 02:44 PM

Ticket for blowing a stop sign on a BICYCLE

Old 11-15-2010 at 11:54 PM   #31
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugaucon View Post
I've noticed a lot of people suggest giving Mac 5-0 a fake name/student #....just so you know, they can easily cross check that on the spot when they radio the info into their dispatcher.
And then say goodbye to any chance you had of just getting a warning and not a ticket.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-16-2010 at 07:15 AM   #32
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

there are a lot of dipshits riding bikes at mac. My dad sometimes picks me up after work and yesterday happened to be one of those days where he was free to do so; so we're leaving mac and takin' a right turn onto University avenue to get off on main and some ****wad is driving her bike not paying attention; we're making the turn (ie in the middle of it), and she rides her bike from behind right in between us and the curb (which doesn't give her a lot of space to move, let alone warning for us to stop). Luckily, the car stops in time and she just coasts by, probably unaware of the accident she was almost in. ****ing retard.
Old 11-16-2010 at 07:45 AM   #33
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by chugaucon View Post
I've noticed a lot of people suggest giving Mac 5-0 a fake name/student #....just so you know, they can easily cross check that on the spot when they radio the info into their dispatcher.
To be on Mac Campus you don't have to go to Mac.
Old 11-16-2010 at 08:38 AM   #34
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
there are a lot of dipshits riding bikes at mac. My dad sometimes picks me up after work and yesterday happened to be one of those days where he was free to do so; so we're leaving mac and takin' a right turn onto University avenue to get off on main and some ****wad is driving her bike not paying attention; we're making the turn (ie in the middle of it), and she rides her bike from behind right in between us and the curb (which doesn't give her a lot of space to move, let alone warning for us to stop). Luckily, the car stops in time and she just coasts by, probably unaware of the accident she was almost in. ****ing retard.
I can't stand it how often that happens. I get a ride to Mac everyday and a ride home every other day and my mom always has to double check with me if it's clear to drive around Sterling. I can't stand it when they run the stop signs without even slowing down, they come out no where, especially at night. The other day I saw a mom and two little kids riding their bikes down Sterling and they went right through the intersection without looking, like way to teach your kids proper bike safety.
Old 11-16-2010 at 12:19 PM   #35
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

On a normal DAY sure when its busy. But at night when there's almost no one around and you are riding your bike. WTF seriously are you guys actually saying that they should be charged just cuz they are riding their bikes in an empty area. I remember when I was a kid and there was no such thing as cyclists driving on the road you just drove wherever and had fun. The only reason you stopped at a stop sign was to check for cars but as long as it was clear you would keep going.

ALL of you who supported the ticket are stupid. Relax and take it easy don't get upset over little things you guys have issues.

peters likes this.
Old 11-16-2010
EasternHeat
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-16-2010 at 12:46 PM   #36
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
On a normal DAY sure when its busy. But at night when there's almost no one around and you are riding your bike. WTF seriously are you guys actually saying that they should be charged just cuz they are riding their bikes in an empty area. I remember when I was a kid and there was no such thing as cyclists driving on the road you just drove wherever and had fun. The only reason you stopped at a stop sign was to check for cars but as long as it was clear you would keep going.

ALL of you who supported the ticket are stupid. Relax and take it easy don't get upset over little things you guys have issues.
The definition of a stop sign. GJ.

And thats like saying J walking is illegal, but you shouldn't get a ticket for it if no one is around. If you get caught, you can get a ticket. Guess what? Cry some more. It may be a **** thing to do, but its within their power, and you are held responsible regardless of if you knew the law or not.
Old 11-16-2010 at 12:55 PM   #37
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
The definition of a stop sign. GJ.

And thats like saying J walking is illegal, but you shouldn't get a ticket for it if no one is around. If you get caught, you can get a ticket. Guess what? Cry some more. It may be a **** thing to do, but its within their power, and you are held responsible regardless of if you knew the law or not.
First thing is first. Once upon a time biking use to be the same as walking. Pedestrians have the right of way and therefore do not have to stop at a stop sign (though they should look).

And my point is if you are going to be so strict about the rules that you are going to charge someone for J walking or running a stop sign on a bike (in the middle of the night in a clear area) then you are an ass. Simple as that.

So tell me...out of all the RULES in the world not just the law but including in school or other organizations have you followed each one precisely? After all rules are rules right? No wiggle room?

P.S. Don't answer the last questions, it's rhetorical.

Old 11-16-2010 at 01:24 PM   #38
BlakeM
Elite Member

Quote:
And my point is if you are going to be so strict about the rules that you are going to charge someone for J walking or running a stop sign on a bike (in the middle of the night in a clear area) then you are an ass. Simple as that.
Quote:

We don't support the ticket(I think it's stupid). We support the right of the ticket to exist. Complaining about it won't do jack. Ya dig?

BTW no one is upset, except for the OP. though you seem quite worked up about it.
Old 11-16-2010 at 01:40 PM   #39
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:

If only life was made so that we could follow rules only when it wasn't an inconvenience to us.

Bikes are considered a vehicule for the road.
Ergo, they should follow the rules of the road.

It doesn't matter what time it is. If you're in a car and you run a red at 4am, there's a very strong possibility that you'll get a ticket if and when you're caught.

Why should bikes be excluded? Because they don't weigh a ton?
Fun fact: getting hit by a bike still ****ing hurts.

(Side note: you're the one that seems to be upset. Everyone else is having a perfectly calm and valid discussion without being immature about).

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-16-2010 at 02:16 PM   #40
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
If only life was made so that we could follow rules only when it wasn't an inconvenience to us.

Bikes are considered a vehicule for the road.
Ergo, they should follow the rules of the road.

It doesn't matter what time it is. If you're in a car and you run a red at 4am, there's a very strong possibility that you'll get a ticket if and when you're caught.

Why should bikes be excluded? Because they don't weigh a ton?
Fun fact: getting hit by a bike still ****ing hurts.

(Side note: you're the one that seems to be upset. Everyone else is having a perfectly calm and valid discussion without being immature about).
Right like running a red light is the same thing as a stop sign.

And like I just pointed out everyone has most certainly never followed all rules to the T.

My point is that laws (or rules) like that should have flexibility...its nonsense for someone to get a ticket the way they did.

Fun Fact: being hit by a runner also hurts.

Old 11-16-2010 at 02:20 PM   #41
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:

We don't support the ticket(I think it's stupid). We support the right of the ticket to exist. Complaining about it won't do jack. Ya dig?

Complaining about it could do jack actually. How do you think laws are passed and changed. You can protest. There should always be discretion for tickets, laws, rules. Its practically an unwritten rule that different circumstances do affect certain rules.

Such as someone going through a stop sign when clearly there is no one around. Like they did such a horrible thing?

You want to know why they got that ticket? Because the school and the government need to make more money in this not so good economy. I bet if you looked at the statistics you would see a huge increase in tickets being given out during the last year as compared to the years before.

Also, a big part of this is that some authorities would let this go and others wouldn't. Is that fair? Just because your employer needs money you need to ticket someone for something that is clearly not such a hurtful thing.

Old 11-16-2010 at 02:51 PM   #42
BlakeM
Elite Member

Quote:
Complaining about it could do jack actually. How do you think laws are passed and changed. You can protest. There should always be discretion for tickets, laws, rules. Its practically an unwritten rule that different circumstances do affect certain rules.

Such as someone going through a stop sign when clearly there is no one around. Like they did such a horrible thing?

You want to know why they got that ticket? Because the school and the government need to make more money in this not so good economy. I bet if you looked at the statistics you would see a huge increase in tickets being given out during the last year as compared to the years before.

Also, a big part of this is that some authorities would let this go and others wouldn't. Is that fair? Just because your employer needs money you need to ticket someone for something that is clearly not such a hurtful thing.
Complaining CAN do jack. For a unfair law. A vehicle not obeying street laws getting a ticket is NOT unjust. If she didn't want to risk a ticket, she could have walked on a sidewalk. Its like a rolling stop in a empty intersection. Sure, you can do it, and sure you probably won't get a ticket. But some people will get a ticket for it. It sucks, but that's the price you pay for not following the law. Fairness isn't the issue.
Old 11-16-2010 at 02:56 PM   #43
BlakeM
Elite Member

Quote:

Fun Fact: being hit by a runner also hurts.
Getting hit by a bike also causes deaths. Never heard of a person getting hit by a runner and dying(though it probably has happened)
Old 11-16-2010 at 03:00 PM   #44
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Complaining CAN do jack. For a unfair law. A vehicle not obeying street laws getting a ticket is NOT unjust. If she didn't want to risk a ticket, she could have walked on a sidewalk. Its like a rolling stop in a empty intersection. Sure, you can do it, and sure you probably won't get a ticket. But some people will get a ticket for it. It sucks, but that's the price you pay for not following the law. Fairness isn't the issue.
I wasn't saying the law was unfair I was simply saying that you CAN do something by complaining. Even for a somewhat fair law.