MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timetable help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2010 08:42 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
When is the timetable out? jubilantx Academics 6 08-06-2010 10:19 PM
Changes to timetable? lavalampsky Academics 14 08-12-2009 08:21 PM
timetable Theexe1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-12-2009 01:19 PM

timetable

Old 07-09-2007 at 09:22 AM   #1
sherrysa

Liked: 0 Times

timetable
I have already selected my courses and I'm guessing that we get to make our own timetable but I'm confused as to where and when do we start. Please help if you can.
Old 07-09-2007 at 10:38 AM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

UPDATE: Timetables will be available in early August via a new calendar interface

To view the timetable, once it is ready, you can go to MUGSI > Undergraduate Personal Timetables

In the meantime, feel free to follow these steps to pick your classes, and then download this timetable template and fill it in with the classes you know you're taking. This will serve as a temporary timetable for you to see what your schedule looks like
Old 07-09-2007 at 01:02 PM   #3
sherrysa

thank you
Old 07-09-2007 at 10:36 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

This year MAC is trying a new system, where you can check see your timetable on August 3rd and make changes (ie tutorial times, lab times etc) on August 7th.

Previously, MAC would not release the timetable until the first week of September.
Old 07-10-2007 at 08:19 AM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

The new timetables look really nice compared to our current MUGSI timetables we've had in the past. They will be available after the long weekend in August (Aug 7th).
Old 07-10-2007 at 11:42 AM   #6
sherrysa

o ok...dats good, that mean you could rearrange the timetable as you like so that maybe you could get a day off..ty
Old 07-10-2007 at 12:13 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

You will be able to pick what section your tutorials/labs are in, so yes.. you would have full control over your schedule to pick what times you'd like. However, it is first come, first serve... so you'll have to pick the best ones quick!
Old 07-10-2007 at 04:14 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

It is quite unlikely that a first year student would have that option...it's more for upper years as our classes are in larger blocks rather than spread out through the week.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but unlikely.
Old 07-10-2007 at 04:24 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

First year classes are very large, meaning they'll need to have a lot of tutorials/labs open for them. I assume they'll be able to pick from a wide range of tutorials then if that's the case.
Old 07-10-2007 at 04:36 PM   #10
sarahsweet

Liked: 13 Times

it will be nice having my timetable put automatically into a calendar

right now im having to put them myself onto my wall calendar which takes time.

Does anyone use that large wall calendar that the MSU gives out each year?
Old 07-10-2007 at 06:12 PM   #11
laffand

I have a question. I'm taking summer school for grade 12 biology to raise my average to 80% for the scholarship .. and I was wondering .. do I send MAC the info on my summer school or will my high school. No one told me anything about it really I have just been hearing talk in my summer school class. I really want to make sure I get it done before Aug. 15th as well .. since that is when my money is due.
Thanks,
Danielle
Old 07-10-2007 at 07:47 PM   #12
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

First, ask the summer school administrator what their policy is...from there determine if you need to contact your highschool or not.

First year classes have a tendancy to have earlier tutorial times...or so I've determined through experience. You get better class times as you complete more levels in your undergrad (ie all my classes start at 10:30AM or later this year).

I don't like using the massive wall calenders as they take up so much space. I use a normal monthly calender plus my agenda. I know of lots of people who use the calenders, though.

Last edited by lorend : 07-10-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2007 at 08:02 PM   #13
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweet View Post
Does anyone use that large wall calendar that the MSU gives out each year?
I use a huge cork board that's on my wall and I tack up all my course outlines as well as assignments I need to work on. Its helpful to organize things, spread them out, and be able to see whats upcoming. I also have a small wall calendar. I find an online calendar much more useful since I can access it from home and from school. Gmail's calendar is amazing. If you don't have gmail yet, use it! It beats hotmail by a long shot (I know im probably going to get hate mail PM's now for saying that but hey... if you try gmail you'll never look back).

Some of my friends bought small pocket calendars from Staples and carry them around from class to class. Advantage of having a paper/tangible calendar is you can write on it in places where you don't have your laptop... like if you want to quickly jot down a date.
Old 07-14-2007 at 11:02 PM   #14
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

It'll definitely be nice to print out a calendar timetable that is already made for me and put it up on my wall

Oh.. and I highly recommend the cork board idea. Infact, you can get one for only $40 at Staples. Click here to see it.

• Features:
  • Bulletin boards with 100% natural self-healing Portuguese cork.
  • Ideal for breakrooms, factory floors and low-use areas
  • Solid wood frames are built extra wide and are designed to coordinate with your wood stained furniture.
  • 48"W x 36"H.
Old 07-15-2007 at 05:43 PM   #15
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Chad, you're not allowed to make any holes in res rooms...

However cork boards are still awesome! I use one at my home-home (ie my parents house), and have since I was a kid.