MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am Screwed Commander First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-15-2010 08:32 AM
I screwed myself over. JAYJAY Academics 13 08-09-2010 12:11 PM
Am I screwed? killza General Discussion 8 01-09-2010 01:51 PM
How screwed am I for residence? Ownaginatios First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-14-2008 11:36 AM

Timetable: Am I going to be screwed for my labs? D:

Old 08-10-2011 at 09:27 PM   #1
Driftking24

Liked: 0 Times

Timetable: Am I going to be screwed for my labs? D:
Can you guys quickly look over my timetable and give any suggestions? I'm really scared of the labs...Got chem lab and bio lab on thursdays. I'm gonna be screwed if they're both the same week right? -.-

Also, my chem tutorial time overlaps with my chem lab time. Is that normal or is that a conflict?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Term 1 Timetable.JPG (147.3 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg Term 2 Timetable.JPG (144.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 08-10-2011 at 09:32 PM   #2
kaitotst

Liked: 33 Times

maybe if you can, save some space before each lab so you can prepare for them ?

Old 08-10-2011 at 09:39 PM   #3
nh007

Oh my those schedules are packed...but 2 labs in one day should be doable if you spend that 3 hour gap after your chem lab preparing for the bio lab....but hopefully they turn out to be on alternate weeks.

And yes your chem lab and tutorial are supposed to "conflict"...you go to them on alternate weeks.
Old 08-10-2011 at 09:52 PM   #4
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

Labs are easily the most fun part about the courses... and alone are the biggest grade boosters you could ever ask for... (especially if you have an awesome TA)... No matter what there WILL be a point in time that you have the labs on the same day. There is a point in time when chem labs are suspended due to holiday issues, but biology's aren't...

All in all, labs are freaking tiring and nerve racking, but be more nervous how close ALL of your courses midterms will come together. Last year chem, kin, bio AND math were like 4 days in a row... Hopefully they wont pull a purpose fail this year.
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:34 AM   #5
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Your chem tutorial/lab overlap is normal. One week you will have a lab, and next week you will have a tutorial. They overlap.

Your day with a bio land and a chem lab looks tough, but it is doable. You have enough of a gap between them to recharge your energy :p

Don't worry about having labs in the same week, in first year at times I had 3 labs in one week. Like Sintos said, midterms in close proximity are far more stressful :p

Protip- Don't wait until the night before a lab to do prelabs!
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:42 AM   #6
Driftking24

Ah, thanks everyone. Guess I'll stick with what I have.

@Freak705 What are prelabs? :S
Old 08-11-2011 at 08:58 AM   #7
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Pre-labs are generally a few (mostly easy) questions that test your knowledge of the lab material prior to coming into the lab. Your TA will check them before the lab begins. The point of them is to make sure you're not clueless throughout the lab :p

The bio pre-labs are LONG because they expect you to write out all materials used in the lab, and the entire procedure, word for word. They are also expected to be neat (rulers for underlines, charts and tables put into your lab notebook before the lab begins etc.)

Chem pre-labs are a bit easier. There are only about 3 questions, plus writing the purpose of the lab/paraphrasing the lab procedure. The questions generally involve 1-2 theory questions and one practical calculation that you will use the same equations/steps for in the lab you're carrying out.

The physics 1B03 prelabs are just a single sheet (part of the lab course material you buy) you get checked before entering the lab by the lab instructor Alex. He checks all the answers, and if you get one wrong you have to correct it before entering the lab.

The procrastinator will do these the night before, the hour before, or even in the hallway outside the lab. DON'T DO THIS. If you do your prelabs with ample time beforehand, your stress level will probably be a lot lower when you're doing your lab!

Last edited by Freak705 : 08-11-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-11-2011 at 09:18 AM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Should be fine.. but change one to another day if possible.

You might get lucky since one is odd and one is even, that they will be alternating weeks and not the same week