MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am Screwed Commander First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-15-2010 08:32 AM
I screwed myself over. JAYJAY Academics 13 08-09-2010 12:11 PM
Am I screwed? killza General Discussion 8 01-09-2010 01:51 PM
McMaster Completely Screwed Me Over feonateresa Financial Aid 22 11-14-2009 05:47 PM
The office of the registrar screwed up? I think? lorend Academics 5 05-30-2009 04:52 PM

How screwed am I for residence?

Old 07-04-2008 at 01:00 PM   #1
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

How screwed am I for residence?
I applied for residence like a day late because I was a retard and completely forgot about it due to a project I was working on at school. Now I'm position 268 on the waiting list. My final average for grade 12 was 85%, if that plays into it at all. Anyone from previous years have something like this happen to them? Can anyone give me a rough estimate about whether or not I'll be able to get res? I know it is probably difficult to tell due to the fluctuation in the number or students applying in each year, but any help would be great :p Thanks!
Old 07-04-2008 at 02:15 PM   #2
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

hey ownaginatios. i'm sorry to hear that. this never happened to me before, so i can't give you any specific advice. But i just wnat to say here is the off campus website if you were wondering. maybe check it out, look around and get yourself a backup plan incase there aren't any spots left. is there a specific date they are suppose to tell you? i hope they did give you that, so you can plan accordingly. good luck!

Off campus website
Old 07-04-2008 at 09:05 PM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I am also not sure how likely you are to get into residence. however, some people move in in January so there might be some hope. You may able to possibly stay somewhere else and move into residence a little later. I hope everything works out for you though!
Old 07-04-2008 at 11:13 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

pfft. who needs res anyways. live off campus! Cheaper, no forced meal plan, no res patrol watching over you, a larger room, and you get to be a part of SOCS! lol.

Hope that helps
Old 07-05-2008 at 02:26 AM   #5
nikki12

Liked: 0 Times

Hi,
I know rez is a better option but there is are westdale condos near mac and they r just like rez except that they r offcampus rez.I have one of my friend's booking there who does not wanna stay anymore ,if u r interested tell me.They r great with swimming pool,gym.dishwasher,w eekly cleaner and so on.Although a little on the expensive side but still a great option and ye sit is more cheaper than Bates and kyes.
Old 07-05-2008 at 11:12 AM   #6
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Hi nikki12, I might be interested in that. I think I should wait until later in July before deciding anything though. I heard that a lot of people are on the waiting list because their average was too poor to be guaranteed residence. I think high school marks go in at sometime in mid July, and my average wasn't bad, so maybe I'll get pushed up t a lower waiting position. They probably also have to clear out the people that were guaranteed residence, but decided not to go to McMaster. I have no idea really though, this is all just me guessing/hoping :p.
Old 07-10-2008 at 07:00 PM   #7
merissa

Liked: Liked 4 Times

i heard that last year about 200 people on the waiting list got into rez. this is mainly because a lot of people have been accepted to more than one university, and therefore not everyone will accept there offer at mac.
Old 07-14-2008 at 10:17 AM   #8
WavesSea

dude honeslty find a place off campus iam a first year student on place waitlinglist 5 lucky me whoot, but iam going off campus, res isn't worth the money IMO i8t almost cost as much as the tutition package
Old 07-14-2008 at 10:44 AM   #9
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Ya, I've been thinking that WaveSea. Off campus is starting to seem like a better idea. From what I hear, if you are in residence on campus, you're pretty much guaranteed to have a roommate -.-||.
Old 07-14-2008 at 11:01 AM   #10
WavesSea

hey if you need a place add me on msn ill pm you with it i found a really great place your own room with my friend and I
Old 07-14-2008 at 11:36 AM   #11
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Sounds interesting. I'll add you on MSN when I get home later.