MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I screwed myself over. JAYJAY Academics 13 08-09-2010 12:11 PM
Am I screwed? killza General Discussion 8 01-09-2010 01:51 PM
McMaster Completely Screwed Me Over feonateresa Financial Aid 22 11-14-2009 05:47 PM
The office of the registrar screwed up? I think? lorend Academics 5 05-30-2009 04:52 PM
How screwed am I for residence? Ownaginatios First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 07-14-2008 11:36 AM

I am Screwed

Old 09-14-2010 at 02:03 AM   #1
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

I am Screwed
Ok, so here is my problem: I was expecting to arrive from vacation a week earlier but due to many problems I had to come late and I missed the first 3 days (9,10 and 13th) of school and probably frosh week and that math test. I am a student in Engineering I, and I'm gonna get back in Tuesday. I got some questions and I would like some help...

Did I missed important stuff ?

Do I have to go to tutorials ?

What does Every other week mean?

And my timetable seems retarded for some reason : here's a picture...

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7114/engterm1timetable.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to read and helping.

Last edited by Commander : 09-14-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2010 at 02:22 AM   #2
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

Don't worry too much, while it would have been easier to not miss the first few days, it shouldn't seriously affect your semester. Just try to get to school on Tuesday so you can start sorting out things. There's hundreds of other first year engineers so also use them as a resource to get any info you might have missed.

Quote:
Did I missed important stuff ?
You missed a lot of fun stuff, and some very helpful introductory remarks and review of topics from high school, but you likely haven't missed anything serious.

Quote:
Do I have to go to tutorials ?
Its now 2nd week so most tutorials should be running, you're best to go and find out if participation is marked or attendance required. You can decide later if you can afford not to go to non-required tutorials.

Quote:
What does Every other week mean?
It means you have that lab one week and then not the next, for example you can figure out when you're doing labs for Physics 1D03 based on the schedule on the course website:
http://www.physics.mcmaster. ca/phys1d03/
You're Lab group L08 based off the timetable you posted.

Quote:
And my timetable seems ridiculous for some reason : here's a picture...
Looks pretty normal to me, its pretty typical to end up with big breaks and at least one night class at university.

If you have problems sorting things out because of your situation, talk to the staff in the Engineering 1 office. Their site is here: http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/eng1/index.html
Old 09-14-2010 at 10:20 PM   #3
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Thank you for the help.
Old 09-14-2010 at 10:45 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

You will have to work extra hard to catch up. It will be tough but definitely doable.
Old 09-14-2010 at 11:22 PM   #5
CrashPlague
Gravity is Just a Theory

Liked: 33 Times

Haha, the math test, oh man, that was intense!!

But yeah, you'll be fine, surprising us eng kids don't have TOO much on our plate as of yet, depending on what you know from high school.
Old 09-14-2010 at 11:45 PM   #6
andru

Liked: 3 Times

you're completely fine, you missed a bunch of pointless classes stating marking and course outlines and probably no or few tutorials. i'm sure no if any homework has been assigned yet. just ask people in your classes about assignments / course websites etc.
Old 09-15-2010 at 06:24 AM   #7
memyselfandi

Liked: 0 Times

you didnt miss much...honestly! the lectures for most classes are posted and they were just intros anyways. dont stress about it maan you'll be fine, ho harm done!
Old 09-15-2010 at 08:32 AM   #8
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

math test was a prank. def missed abuncha fun stuff but still a few left (frosh pub on 17th for eng+nurses). There have been no assignments yet due this week all start piling up next week. just work hard catching up on readings/working ahead on assigments/doing those assummed knowledge questions (which is damn hard stupid chem). also labs start on the week of 20th so u still have time for prep work