MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost wallet...freaking out DDD: Moo!io General Discussion 36 03-22-2010 01:52 PM
Jon Montgomery is the FREAKING MAN lawleypop General Discussion 8 02-22-2010 04:56 PM
I don't freaking believe this. smiles Residence & Housing 15 01-19-2010 08:46 PM
Enrolling with conflicts in your timetable. j.luong First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-31-2009 10:30 PM
Timetable conflicts? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-13-2009 11:11 AM

Timetable Conflicts, freaking out

Old 08-07-2008 at 11:32 AM   #31
mangoiiko

Liked: 0 Times

My timetable is completely empty except for an evening economics course. It says "to be selected by student" for everything else.

I'm pretty sure I confirmed my payment agreement well before July 30, but I opened up the payment agreement window just a few days ago to ckeck it out and did not confirm again, thinking I would now confirm the payment after July when I had done it before. ...Was I supposed it confirm it everytime I opened it up? Also, when I look at the Program and Course Summary, it says the fee status is cleared and has been so way before the end of July.

Did I miss something in getting the schedule on time?
Old 08-07-2008 at 11:42 AM   #32
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

You don't have to confirm it every time you go in. If you did complete it, then when you go into it, it shoud say "Payment if Full" or something similar at the bottom in section 5. If you've done that, then I'm lost, unless you have conflicts in your courses or something. :/
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:14 PM   #33
mangoiiko

Thanks,well, it didn't say anything like that under section 5, so I confirmed it again, and it still doesn't. So I guess my payment agreement is late. Any ideas on when I get my timetable and any other things I have to do to get it?
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:16 PM   #34
mitch
Elite Member

You have to click SUMMARY after you chose your payment methods. Then after you see the updated costs, you click CONFIRM. Did you do that?
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:34 PM   #35
mangoiiko

Yeah, I clicked on summary. I also added on another funding option just now and confirmed the whole thing. So I know it's proabaly late now for sure. This is the message I got when I confirmed today:"Your Payment Agreement has been accepted and confirmed. Financial approval has been granted."
Old 08-07-2008 at 01:42 PM   #36
mitch
Elite Member

At least you know that it's done correctly for sure. Now you play the waiting game I'm not sure when timetables are released for late payment agreements. Shouldn't be too long though.
Old 08-07-2008 at 02:17 PM   #37
mangoiiko

Okay. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-07-2008 at 03:38 PM   #38
jcc714

Hopefully someone that has taken psychology can help me out.

I checked my timetable and it only has one core and one tutorial for psych 1X03. On the mcmaster timetable, it says that I should have one core and TWO tutorials.

I need to change my timetable and I am wondering which tutorial time I should be looking at.

Here is the link to the mcmaster timetable for psychology 1X03:
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/... =1X03&t=1&d=D
Old 08-07-2008 at 04:05 PM   #39
mitch
Elite Member

You don't take both tutorials. You only take one of the two for your core class. You can switch into the other one if you want to if it's available. Half the class is in one, the other half in the other.
Old 08-07-2008 at 05:30 PM   #40
nafsin

the top of my timetable says that (under "ACTION REQUIRED") that i have sectioning conflict with chem 1a03 core and chem 1a03 lab. what exactly does this mean? and i would expect these courses to be showing up on my actual schedule showing what these conflict with, but there is nothing. i'm so confused..lol, what should i do?
Old 08-07-2008 at 05:38 PM   #41
mitch
Elite Member

Check the possible times of those courses and labs on the Master Timetable. Check to see if they occur at the same time as any of your other courses. Use schedule applications like mine on the other thread to input your possibilites and easily see if there are overlaps.
Old 08-07-2008 at 09:48 PM   #42
FlyWithMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch View Post
SOLAR will re-open on Monday if all of your fees are cleared.
Err... can you be a bit more specific? I've done my payment agreement and is 'Fully registered' by MUGSI but I haven't paid my full payment since it's due Sept. 1.

Are my 'fees' cleared?
Old 08-07-2008 at 10:13 PM   #43
mitch
Elite Member

Sorry, I used that terminology cause I read it somewhere on the Registrar's website. I actually mean just completing the payment agreement.
Old 08-08-2008 at 01:48 PM   #44
Alistair
Account Locked

2 questions:

1) I wasn't allowed to pick my tutorial when I registered in June. Will I be able to pick a new one/switch it when SOLAR reopens?

2) I'm taking a full year course that, on Thursdays, overlaps with another class in the first term. I'm still registered and SOLAR didn't seem to have a problem with it, but it's not showing up on my timetable. Since I'm still registered, can I take both classes at once? If so, it just means on Thursdays for the first term I'll have to flip-flop which class I go to that day (which is not a biggie to me because we all tend to skip a class a week).

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2008 at 02:02 PM   #45
mitch
Elite Member

1. I've been thinking about this question a lot recently. I'm not sure if everyone is allowed to change their tutorial time and such on SOLAR. I don't know if first years are allowed to do it or not. Are there any first years out there than were able to change their course times? Or it might be the specific course doesn't allow you to change it on SOLAR. Nevertheless, if you can't change it on SOLAR, you can change it when school starts by talking to the program director, person in charge of the switching, or in extreme (conflicting) cases, the registrar. The professor of the course should let you know when class starts what to do about picking if you aren't allowed to pick your time on SOLAR.

2. It depends what is conflicting. If it's two core classes or drop in tutorials, you might be able to get away with it. You need to find out when school starts if there will be pop quizzes during classtime, and what else there is that might cause issues. I highly suggest against it though. Sure we all skip a class here and there, but they are your number one source for understanding the material. You never know when you might really need to go to both classes that day. It's also possible that both classes don't have print out notes, so you'd have to go to class to manually write the notes.

So I guess it depends on how confident you are, and if you are actually able to do it without any trouble. Remember, there are only 3 class per week (usually) for university, so they go through quite a bit of material each class. I can tell you that it is not fun to have missed a class or two, and not know what the heck you're doing, cause I've been there. It takes a long time to catch up. Try to see if you can move around your courses to take both without any overlap.