MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arts and Science vs. Health Science? ktc11 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-18-2010 08:40 AM
Transfering from ArtSci to Health Sci wcspc Academics 8 04-08-2010 01:15 AM
Health Science Katelyn999 General Discussion 6 10-24-2009 02:27 PM
Transfering to Health Science suhaybh Academics 10 06-14-2009 03:29 PM
health science rakib Academics 5 05-12-2008 10:55 PM

Transfering into Mcmaster health Science

Old 11-02-2009 at 09:42 AM   #16
Roke

Liked: 1 Time

I don't remember what it was exactly, but I had around low 90s. Also I transferred out because I realized I was much more interested in other subjects and didn't want to be a doctor or health worker.
Old 11-03-2009 at 11:05 AM   #17
offlimits

Liked: 0 Times

Okay. I e-mailed the faculty the other day and they informed me that most of the students who are accpeted are from the university itself-however im going to guess thats because many people who didnt get into the health sci program originally went into life sci looking to transfer in their second year. Also most of the application is based on the supp form.

I have been looking at the questions on the supp form and, just sit there and wonder- if these three questions determine whether I get in or not, what exactly are they looking for.
Old 11-06-2009 at 02:43 PM   #18
offlimits

for anyone who got accepted as a transfer or first year. How did you write your supplementary application. I'm not asking as to what was put in it but in what tone, a creative one, serious, sentimental...
Old 11-06-2009 at 03:00 PM   #19
bumblin

Liked: Liked 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by offlimits View Post
for anyone who got accepted as a transfer or first year. How did you write your supplementary application. I'm not asking as to what was put in it but in what tone, a creative one, serious, sentimental...
wow. that is off limits my friend, off limits
Old 11-08-2009 at 06:04 PM   #20
faytless

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Well Im more interested in the medical aspect becoming a doctor more than just the core sciences at the moment. I have always had a strong underlying interest in Medicine. I just let my perception of business skew my vision some sort.
I'm a first year BHSc student - and for your supplementary, I'd avoid the words Medicine and medical school. They don't want people so focused on medical school that they are closed-minded and cannot see other possibilities in the program. That being said, most people do want to go to medical school from our program. Still, that's something I've noticed from the people who have been accepted, not much talk about medical school. Health-related occupations or something general is fine - but saying I want to be a doctor and Health Science is the only way would be rejection for sure.
Old 11-16-2009 at 06:22 PM   #21
offlimits

I called the admissions office today and they basically told me that once i am over the 79 avg they require its 100% based on the supplementary application. I somehow find that a bit difficult to believe. Also the lady on the phone told me i did not need to provide high school transcripts. However, in an email from the admissions office, I was told to provide both high school and university transcripts. Does anyone have an insight onto these two topics.

thanks
Old 11-16-2009 at 07:51 PM   #22
emtee10
Mac Lifer

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
I have been looking at the questions on the supp form and, just sit there and wonder- if these three questions determine whether I get in or not, what exactly are they looking for.
Don't spend your time worrying about "what they are looking for." They aren't "looking" for anything - just answer the questions as honestly as possible, and try to give the application reviewers some insight into who you really are.

Focus on making sure that you're happy with your application answers, and you'll save yourself alot of unnecessary stress.