Programs at Mac manu General Discussion 8 06-28-2009 09:12 PM
Year II Bio Programs? rrtt General Discussion 8 06-27-2009 11:05 PM
Level II Programs? Mr.Prodigy Academics 5 03-29-2009 10:56 PM

Transferred Programs - SOLAR

Old 06-15-2010 at 09:46 AM   #1
IvanN

Liked: 0 Times

Transferred Programs - SOLAR
I recently just transferred to Life Sciences, and I already did this through SOLAR. However when I clicked Life sciences from the list of the programs I was eligible for, a pop-up came up saying I had to contact someone from the department.

It was late at night and I wasn't quite sure what it meant, but if anyone has transferred programs before, did it mean that: I have to contact someone to complete my program transfer... or did it mean I have to contact someone if I wanted to CANCEL my program transfer?

I was quite worried because when I was choosing my courses... it didn't allow me to choose any cores or labs for any of them... or is that normal?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2010 at 10:03 AM   #2
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I don't know about your first question but for the choosing cores and lab sections, it's normal. Nobody can choose sections right now, you're just choosing courses and SOLAR will make up a timtable for you and sometime in August you get to see it and then change things around.

Old 06-15-2010 at 11:03 AM   #3
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanN View Post
It was late at night and I wasn't quite sure what it meant, but if anyone has transferred programs before, did it mean that: I have to contact someone to complete my program transfer... or did it mean I have to contact someone if I wanted to CANCEL my program transfer?
Thanks!
Are you transferring from another program to Life Sciences (i.e. Honours Biology) or do you mean you were in Life Sciences I (or another first year program) and chose Life Sciences as your level 2 program? If it's the latter, then that pop-up was just informing you that you're now officially in the Life Sciences program, and if you want to change program you'll have to contact your department (i.e. you can't change through SOLAR anymore)