MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transferring into nursing Lilly_Allen First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-18-2012 02:38 PM
Transferring from Life Science to Nursing..? chelseac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 11-14-2011 12:33 PM
Transferring to MAC in 2nd Year Kris_M Academics 5 10-18-2010 09:06 PM
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Transferring into Life Sci after 2nd year hamza123 Academics 4 09-07-2009 08:46 PM

Transferring into first year nursing

Old 01-26-2013 at 03:57 PM   #1
GurtegS

Liked: 0 Times

Transferring into first year nursing
Hi, I am currently in first year Life Science and I was wondering what the procedure was to transfering into nursing. I want to start from first year again, so basically how do I transfer into first year nursing from first year life science? What is the procudure?
Old 01-26-2013 at 04:02 PM   #2
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

Talk to an advisor.
Old 02-01-2013 at 02:51 PM   #3
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Go talk to someone in the Nursing faculty office They're ridiculously helpful. One thing to let you know is that Mac only allows 10 transfers into Nursing from within the school which includes all programs and faculties. So make sure you're maintaining at least a 10 average in first year life sci if you want to be given a chance to switch into nursing.
Old 02-01-2013 at 03:28 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsullz View Post
Go talk to someone in the Nursing faculty office They're ridiculously helpful. One thing to let you know is that Mac only allows 10 transfers into Nursing from within the school which includes all programs and faculties. So make sure you're maintaining at least a 10 average in first year life sci if you want to be given a chance to switch into nursing.
I thought that was for the accelerated program?

Zebedee likes this.
Old 02-01-2013 at 08:19 PM   #5
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
I thought that was for the accelerated program?
No, lol. Mac only allows 10 internal transfers into first year nursing. The Mac accelerated program is a whole other ballgame. I've seen academic advisors many times over the past three years over this and ultimately decided to apply to the accelerated program because switching into the first year program was less feasible just due to the low number of 10 internal transfers. Accelerated is completely separate.
Old 02-01-2013 at 09:10 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Ah okay. I thought it was the accelerated program that was super competitive and didn't take many students
Old 02-01-2013 at 10:37 PM   #7
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Ah okay. I thought it was the accelerated program that was super competitive and didn't take many students
Oh it's stupid competitive lol. But, trying to transfer into first year nursing is as well. They never told me why they took so few, just that they do So OP, just work hard this semester and try to transfer!
Old 02-02-2013 at 01:23 PM   #8
erink

Liked: 1 Time

OP, hopefully you talked to an advisor and have applied since the deadline was yesterday!

Also, I guess this is kinda late since the deadline has already passed, but I transferred from Life Sci to first year Nursing two years ago and would be happy to answer any questions!