MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saigon Asian Restaurant resh.jyoti Restaurants & Food Reviews 14 02-17-2015 04:12 AM
Transportation between universities kourtney. Automotive & Transportation 4 09-19-2010 08:47 PM
McMaster Asian Federation of Charitable University Students (F.O.C.U.S.) faytless Clubs & Groups 0 09-14-2010 10:36 PM
Asian Grocery Stores in Hamilton Amaryll General Discussion 1 09-06-2010 09:01 PM
Courses at other universities eullwm Academics 3 06-09-2010 12:29 PM

Universities Too Asian?

Old 11-11-2010 at 03:30 PM   #31
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

i dont care if they are, i still respect ppl that work hard.

Last edited by Marlowe : 11-11-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2010 at 07:08 PM   #32
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
I'll tell you this, I have alot of fob friends at Mac.
Fob = fresh off the boat
And they all mainly talk to their own kind (chinese) because it's so much easier, and it minimizes the risk of being made fun of because of their accent.
I hate hearing groups of chinese students laughing and talking SO LOUDLY and you never see any of them with a white person or black person or brown person - EVER.

I suppose it would be the same as a group of obnoxious white/black/brown/purple people, but OH MY GOD.

Maybe I'm just biased because none of my asian friends are immigrants themselves and all tend to be complete burn-outs and just as retarded as I am.

mcmastergcdb likes this.
Old 11-11-2010
Freija
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-11-2010 at 08:57 PM   #33
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
honkies be mad as **** 'cuz im ****ing their white chicks and my grades be stylin on em
And your name is Michelle? lolol

There are partying Asians too who don't work hard for their grades, same as the American kids who study hard to get good grades.

Since I'm not white nor east-asian...I'll stay clear of this matter before people ask why I don't hang out with many Pakistani people
Old 11-11-2010 at 09:06 PM   #34
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
honkies be mad as **** 'cuz im ****ing their white chicks and my grades be stylin on em
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaa aaaaahhhhhhhhh

haters gonna hate

Old 11-11-2010 at 09:42 PM   #35
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

You know what's REALLY too Asian?

China.
Old 11-11-2010 at 09:47 PM   #36
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
You go girl.
Old 11-11-2010 at 10:31 PM   #37
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
You know what's REALLY too Asian?

China.
That's a lie.
Old 11-11-2010 at 11:46 PM   #38
Shanel

Liked: 150 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
That's a lie.
Maybe it's........

UR MOM
Old 11-12-2010 at 12:13 AM   #39
escape

Liked: 38 Times

Does anyone else finds the term 'asian' racist? FYI, i'm not asian
Old 11-12-2010 at 12:16 AM   #40
escape

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
And your name is Michelle? lolol

There are partying Asians too who don't work hard for their grades, same as the American kids who study hard to get good grades.

Since I'm not white nor east-asian...I'll stay clear of this matter before people ask why I don't hang out with many Pakistani people
so you don't like hanging-out with your own kind eh
Old 11-12-2010 at 12:22 AM   #41
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
Whats wrong with that.?
Old 11-12-2010 at 02:00 AM   #42
zombiejesus

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
Well this is Waterloo that we're talking about. My brother goes there and he tells me they have next to nothing in the way of clubs, societies, or sports teams(especially now that their football team is dead). Waterloo makes little to no effort to actually try and get people to come out, so it doesn't surprise me that people don't. So Lawley, they don't even have 'azn-related' events. They don't even have a ping-pong team. I thought every University had a ping-pong team.. We're lucky that at MAC the powers at be try so hard to give us enjoyable events and things to do aside from our studying.
Nice try, but no. Of course a university as old as Waterloo understands and values the role of clubs on campus... but when you are allocating funds for student events/etc the university must consider attendance. If no one has been showing up or giving a rats ass for a few years, they won't bother to set up the social events again. As for clubs, students create clubs, not the university! A lack of student clubs and organizations is a failure of the students to set them up and pitch them. Why? It's because they're too busy locked in their rooms studying math. Laurier next door also has a reputation for being more of a party school, so if you want to go to those kind of events you hang out with the kids from Laurier. It's been that way for decades.

' “We had a problem getting students out of their bedrooms,” says Nikki Best, a former residence don who sits on Waterloo’s student government, who explains they “didn’t want to get behind in their grades because of coming out to social events.” ' -Macleans

Quote:
Didn't bother reading past first page -- they just keep barfing racism in every aspect of that craptacular article.
Also, just because an article discusses RACE does not make it RACIST. These issues are better off in the open than buried. If you can't handle a discussion about culture and ethnicity, you might want to stick to high school tolerance assemblies, lolipops, and rainbows...

Last edited by zombiejesus : 11-12-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2010 at 02:47 AM   #43
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanel View Post
Maybe it's........

UR MOM

My mom's dead.
Old 11-12-2010 at 03:00 AM   #44
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Quote:
Whats wrong with that.?
This.

Not that I mind hanging out with Chinese people, but I'm from an area that's basically >50% Chinese anyways and I figured I should at least *try* meeting new people while I'm at university...