MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Share something awesome that happened to you! PTGregD General Discussion 205 11-15-2011 10:06 PM
Recommending the sort of unknown AelyaS Movies & Television 50 12-04-2010 09:06 PM
Persons Unknown jhan523 Movies & Television 3 07-03-2010 11:30 PM
Share Your Photos of the World Alvand General Discussion 22 07-17-2009 09:36 PM
I want to share a room with three of my friends Rail24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 05-14-2009 04:46 PM

Unknown Share Thread

Old 11-30-2010 at 03:48 PM   #16
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

[Rock] [Them Crooked Vultures] [Them Crooked Vultures]
A really great band IMO. The Singer/Lead Guitar from Queens of the Stone Age, Bassit from Led Zeppelin (<3) and the Drummer from a couple of Queens of the Stone Age songs and lead Guitarist/Singer of the Foo Fighters. The whole album is really good in my opinion, though some songs are a bit slow.
My favourites are Mind Eraser - No Chaser, New Fang, Dead End Friends, and Elephants, though the other songs are still really good.

Another song I'm really into is Teenage Riot by Sonic Youth. The first minute is kinda slow, and the same thing but the rest of the song is amazing.
Old 11-30-2010 at 03:54 PM   #17
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuTieTiFFie~ View Post
uhm ur music sounds rly weird...
Tiffy, I don't get why you feel the need to use this alt account to toss cheap, and not to mention weak, insults at me. Darlin', for your own sake, go back to spreading shit the way you usually do.

Last edited by Amaryll : 11-30-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2010 at 06:08 PM   #18
JasonMcGuirk

Liked: 14 Times

Jeff Buckley's Grace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtS0rwQK_pI

Ben Harper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Q8dlusBk4

ninjamachete likes this.
Old 11-30-2010 at 10:14 PM   #19
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

[slowcore/sadcore] [Carissa's Wierd] [They'll Only Miss You When You Leave: Songs 1996-2003]

This is a comp by one of my favourite bands right now. One of the member's went onto form Band of Horses, which is a really big name in the alternative rock scene. However, Carissa's Wierd is nothing like Band of Horses, what we have is a haunting collection of songs about heartbreak, leaving, and death.

Link

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 11-30-2010 at 11:46 PM   #20
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

[Choral?] [Akito Shikata] [Ar Tonelico II Soundtrack]

I'll concede this is some pretty odd music, but I absolutely love this style of music. It's really reliant on the vocals to create a really powerful effect.

first song is a little bit quiet and relaxed, but a lovely piece nonetheless. It picks up at roughly 4:40 to become absolutely amazing.

Second song as a little more.. UMPH! to it. You may recognize the song name.
Old 12-01-2010 at 01:29 PM   #21
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

[indie rock] [Mellowdrone] [Box]

I'd say that mellowdrone is as close to nineties rock that you can get in the 2000's, with sarcastic, moody vocals it definitely has a nostalgiac flavor to anyone that grew up with Nirvana. If you're interested i'd check out thier song "Fashionably Uninvited".

[link]
Old 12-02-2010 at 06:54 PM   #22
eric_3490

Liked: 7 Times

Anybody here listen to La Dispute?