MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
social science to comp eng m.chapal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-01-2010 11:16 AM
Admitted into Social Science and told i wont be able to switch into a Science program MariaQ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 05-23-2010 03:47 PM
Social Science (2009) lorend Academics 1 06-07-2009 03:29 AM
Switching from Social Science to Enviromental Science shirvan Academics 5 10-23-2008 09:58 PM
Social Science Electives Ruggedman Academics 11 07-03-2008 11:17 PM

Urgent: Science And Social Science Macpasses Sold Out!

Old 09-05-2009 at 12:39 PM   #15
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times
for those that didn't get one, just say they sold out. perfect excuse to get into any of the events.

Old 09-05-2009 at 12:49 PM   #16
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times
I didn't think MacPasses COULD sell out. Isn't the whole point to try and get every student to experience it?

Old 09-05-2009 at 01:49 PM   #17
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times
So whats my best option now ? I would have thought each first year had the opportunity to get one. I really wanted to go to the events and such :(

Old 09-05-2009 at 01:52 PM   #18
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Only a certain number are ordered because they don't want to have additional merchandise that they can't pay the cost of/store/get rid of later in the year.

Your best bet is to ask at the MacPass table -- there Faculty Wide Welcome Week Planner should be there, as should at least one other faculty planner.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Nosh says thanks to lorend for this post.

Old 09-05-2009 at 01:55 PM   #19
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
So whats my best option now ? I would have thought each first year had the opportunity to get one. I really wanted to go to the events and such :(
If you really want one you can always apply for a similar faculties macpass. They run out of t-shirts and the free stuff thats why supplies are limited.

Old 09-05-2009 at 02:23 PM   #20
MrFryingFish

Liked: 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
If you really want one you can always apply for a similar faculties macpass. They run out of t-shirts and the free stuff thats why supplies are limited.
That's bull, I'm willing to give up all the free stuff, I just want to go to the events.

Old 09-05-2009 at 02:40 PM   #21
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times
Just picked mine up. I'm now the proud owner of a frisbee :|

Old 09-05-2009 at 03:15 PM   #22
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFryingFish View Post
That's bull, I'm willing to give up all the free stuff, I just want to go to the events.
Curious... just because there's not enough SWAG for everyone, wouldn't it be smart of the FYEO to allow sales of wristbands for all first years?? Oh wait... the FYEO isn't exactly smart...

jmbauman, MrFryingFish like this.

Old 09-05-2009 at 03:31 PM   #23
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Curious... just because there's not enough SWAG for everyone, wouldn't it be smart of the FYEO to allow sales of wristbands for all first years?? Oh wait... the FYEO isn't exactly smart...
I think they already do have a system like that in place. For everyone whose faculty has run out of MacPasses they can still buy a Residence only MacPass, the only thing they don't get is faculty swag; its also slightly cheaper! I'm pretty sure they announced that at training yesterday(FYEO people)

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

MrFryingFish says thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.

Old 09-05-2009 at 03:49 PM   #24
MrFryingFish

Liked: 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
I think they already do have a system like that in place. For everyone whose faculty has run out of MacPasses they can still buy a Residence only MacPass, the only thing they don't get is faculty swag; its also slightly cheaper! I'm pretty sure they announced that at training yesterday(FYEO people)
well that's a relief. Does it get you into faculty day or am I out of luck there?

Old 09-05-2009 at 03:57 PM   #25
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFryingFish View Post
well that's a relief. Does it get you into faculty day or am I out of luck there?
I guess as long as they see that you're wearing one of those wristbands, you should be good. You will miss out on your faculty t-shirt though which everyone else will be wearing.

Old 09-05-2009 at 05:56 PM   #26
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post

Yep, we were told about the changes at FYEO training, the reps, we're trained

Old 09-06-2009 at 08:25 AM   #27
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times
does kin fall under science now or is it its own faculty since it has its own faculty color ? Dumb question I know. Im just wondering because Im in kin whether passes are sold out for me or not.

Thanks

Old 09-06-2009 at 08:51 AM   #28
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
does kin fall under science now or is it its own faculty since it has its own faculty color ? Dumb question I know. Im just wondering because Im in kin whether passes are sold out for me or not.

Thanks
Although Kin is actually part of the Faculty of Science, in terms of Macpasses, Kin students get their own.

Nosh says thanks to u.yousaf for this post.

Old 09-06-2009
Nosh
This message has been removed by a moderator. .

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search