MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone know what radio station Pulse (gym) is playing? nawedc Athletics & Recreation 7 11-17-2011 12:08 AM
Woah! Computer playing Jeopardy! phln3 General Discussion 5 01-14-2011 01:29 AM
Playing with food... xxsumz Body & Food 0 11-08-2010 09:57 AM
Alexisonfire and the Arkells playing Welcome Week!! etoilex3 MacInsiders Announcements 85 09-12-2010 01:13 PM
Playing pool at Mac? _Luu_ General Discussion 18 08-31-2010 06:12 PM

What Video Games are you playing over the Holidays?

Old 12-17-2011 at 06:43 PM   #76
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleifer_1 View Post
I got that game too! I can't wait to get some real progress in that game - I'd never played it on any other console.
It's one of the best games in the series. Unfortunately, for some reason, I don't really want to play skyward sword. Maybe because they took Epona away...
Old 12-17-2011 at 06:49 PM   #77
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspolitics View Post
It's one of the best games in the series. Unfortunately, for some reason, I don't really want to play skyward sword. Maybe because they took Epona away...
Probably because of the ugly cell-shading/Wind Waker hybrid thing they did. Puts me off too.

Misspolitics likes this.
Old 12-17-2011 at 08:52 PM   #78
Misspolitics

There is a common theme. Why do they have to change a good series that has worked for years. It just alienates the fans
Old 12-18-2011 at 12:08 AM   #79
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
I'm playing it right now and so far it's pretty good, played it 6 hours straight without getting bored.
Old 12-18-2011 at 12:18 AM   #80
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldBeStudying View Post
I'm playing it right now and so far it's pretty good, played it 6 hours straight without getting bored.
Apparently there is an absolutely infuriating gameplay sequence about 40 hours in that has reduced people to dropping the game entirely.
Old 12-18-2011 at 06:52 AM   #81
Misspolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Probably because of the ugly cell-shading/Wind Waker hybrid thing they did. Puts me off too.
I don't know about wind waker. I like the game, but I don't also. The game itself is good, but I don't like what they did with Hyrule. The boat thing made me crazy going back and forth across the map, and the cartoon thing was childish. Plus, when it came out, the giant squids scared me like crazy the first time they came out of the water. I think I jumped 20 feet in the air.
Old 12-18-2011 at 02:51 PM   #82
Misspolitics

I have a question about pokemon. I have emerald, platinum, and white. How do you get the special legendary pokemon? I have always gotten the pokemon that are special to each generation, but there are others that are also included but I have no idea how to get them. Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-18-2011 at 04:12 PM   #83
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
I have a question about pokemon. I have emerald, platinum, and white. How do you get the special legendary pokemon? I have always gotten the pokemon that are special to each generation, but there are others that are also included but I have no idea how to get them. Does anyone else have this problem?
You can only obtain those through Nintendo promotional events. Some are also only accessible through having one of the GBA games in your DS' GBA slot. I'd look up each one individually online, if I were you, to see how to snag each one.

Alternatively, you could mod your DS.

Quote:
I don't know about wind waker. I like the game, but I don't also. The game itself is good, but I don't like what they did with Hyrule. The boat thing made me crazy going back and forth across the map, and the cartoon thing was childish. Plus, when it came out, the giant squids scared me like crazy the first time they came out of the water. I think I jumped 20 feet in the air.
Windwaker is my favourite Zelda game, bar none. The cel-shaded aesthetic is timeless; that game will still look good in twenty years. And I find the sailing to be incredibly relaxing.

Last edited by Grover : 12-18-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2011 at 04:22 PM   #84
Misspolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
You can only obtain those through Nintendo promotional events. Some are also only accessible through having one of the GBA games in your DS' GBA slot.

Alternatively, you could mod your DS.

Windwaker is my favourite Zelda game, bar none. The cel-shaded aesthetic is timeless; that game will still look good in twenty years. And I find the sailing to be incredibly relaxing.
I have a newer DS without the GBA slot, unfortunately, and I saw a code shark (or something) being sold at futureshop and I wasn't sure whether it would destroy my ds or my game, so I decided not to buy it. For wind waker, that's fair enough because I really enjoyed the story line, levels, etc. of twilight princess. Plus they brought epona back (btw, i don't keep the name epona-it's a terrible name for a horse.)
Old 12-18-2011 at 04:55 PM   #85
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
I have a newer DS without the GBA slot, unfortunately, and I saw a code shark (or something) being sold at futureshop and I wasn't sure whether it would destroy my ds or my game, so I decided not to buy it. For wind waker, that's fair enough because I really enjoyed the story line, levels, etc. of twilight princess. Plus they brought epona back (btw, i don't keep the name epona-it's a terrible name for a horse.)
Epona is a Celtic goddess associated with horses, which is where I think it came from. I don't think I could call her anything else...

btw, does anyone say "park the horse" when playing a game? I find I do... lol. Like if I'm reading off a cheat or something to my sister "park the horse and climb the tree to the north." My sisters do to, to the point that if someone says "dismount the horse" they get a double-take.

I think its because my first game ever was Diddy Kong Racing
Old 12-18-2011 at 05:08 PM   #86
pirates01

Liked: 8 Times

dota2 (if i ever get the beta some time this week, which probabily won't happen) > skyward sword > humble bundles > serious sam DD > LoL > TF2 > maplestory
Old 12-18-2011 at 05:13 PM   #87
Misspolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Epona is a Celtic goddess associated with horses, which is where I think it came from. I don't think I could call her anything else...

btw, does anyone say "park the horse" when playing a game? I find I do... lol. Like if I'm reading off a cheat or something to my sister "park the horse and climb the tree to the north." My sisters do to, to the point that if someone says "dismount the horse" they get a double-take.

I think its because my first game ever was Diddy Kong Racing
I actually didn't know that about epona... I remember Diddy Kong Racing. It was an amazing game
Old 12-19-2011 at 10:17 AM   #88
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Well, maybe it's not too late to ask my brothers to combine my Christmas gift into a 3DS from both of them
Actually, I am pretty sure there is a bundle with the 3DS and the game. I think you can find it on Kijiji.
Old 12-19-2011 at 10:28 AM   #89
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

whats the big deal sbout skyrim though?... i watched my brother sit there and play for hours and it didnt look like anything happened lol
Old 12-19-2011 at 10:39 AM   #90
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
whats the big deal sbout skyrim though?... i watched my brother sit there and play for hours and it didnt look like anything happened lol
Watching someone play any game is different than playing the game yourself though. Sometimes the game's a little slow, where you just explore for fun, but there's a fast travel system that lets you teleport to places in which you've already been. It's just your standard RPG, imo, but that's not a bad thing. I'd say it falls into the Action/Adventure/Fantasy genres too.

You get to choose what you want to do. You could skip all the quests, kill everyone, rob everyone, etc.