MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Bus Pass Opt-Out thirdyearboy General Discussion 60 10-21-2009 10:01 AM
HSR Bus Pass Sorin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-05-2008 09:56 PM
Mac Pass Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-31-2008 08:48 PM
Vote! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-09-2007 03:38 PM

Vote on the HSR bus pass

Old 01-20-2011 at 04:45 PM   #15
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times
stop thinking about yourselves. Some of us to do not use it and get royally screwed.

I should not have to pay 121 bucks for something I'll never use just so I can benefit someone else. Pay the god damn fare you cheap people

cammo_18, jordko like this.

Old 01-20-2011 at 04:48 PM   #16
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times
I use the bus a lot... >_>

Old 01-20-2011 at 05:13 PM   #17
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
stop thinking about yourselves. Some of us to do not use it and get royally screwed.

I should not have to pay 121 bucks for something I'll never use just so I can benefit someone else. Pay the god damn fare you cheap people

...stop thinking about yourself right back at you?....

that was an awful way for you to start your post considering that everything that came after it was about looking out for yourself..

The bus pass is not only convenient to those off campus but it also makes loading the bus quicker, meaning the buses get going on time and arnt wasting time at each stop, no one is fumbling for change in their wallets/pockets (especially in the winter) and if you dont have any money on you , you can still get home. Or not even have to carry money on you if you dont need to.

Last edited by guest_295 : 01-20-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Old 01-20-2011 at 05:29 PM   #18
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakovski View Post
...stop thinking about yourself right back at you?....

that was an awful way for you to start your post considering that everything that came after it was about looking out for yourself..

The bus pass is not only convenient to those off campus but it also makes loading the bus quicker, meaning the buses get going on time and arnt wasting time at each stop, no one is fumbling for change in their wallets/pockets (especially in the winter) and if you dont have any money on you , you can still get home. Or not even have to carry money on you if you dont need to.
I've had this argument several times on the past here in mac insiders so i'm not going into to great details but I can't argue it to you. You are getting such a great deal that you are blinded by the truth. So blinded that you made the argument you did which is a very bad argument for keeping hsr bus pass.

Old 01-20-2011
stevenmm
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-20-2011 at 05:37 PM   #19
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times
whats so bad about it? ( My argument)

and my main reason to reply was just to note that you should have put more thought in how you worded your post after telling everyone to stop thinking about themselves..

Old 01-20-2011 at 06:36 PM   #20
Pay919

Liked: 57 Times
Quote:
FREE, unlimited transport on HSR (Hamilton Street Railway) buses througout the school year
Quote:
The cost of this special pass is $121.80, included in the supplementary fees you’re automatically charged by the university
Why do they call it free when its really $121.80?

Old 01-20-2011 at 06:39 PM   #21
jordko

Liked: 13 Times
I wouldn't mind an opt-out option, since I commute this could help me pay for parking.

Old 01-20-2011 at 06:50 PM   #22
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmm View Post
If people don't like paying the MSU Fees (i.e. Bus Pass Fee) Why not consider droping down to part timeyou may save a bundle. Just take some of your courses over the summer. I droped down to part-time because I was tired of paying Fees for services I don't use.

But when I was full-time I was greatful to have that bus pass especially for someone who has a limited income, If I where a full-time student i'd vote yes for the Bus Pass, and no for fees like the new one they are proposing for Engineers without Boarders.

I don't believe these fees are going to disapear anytime soon, so students who do not want to pay them should look at other options.
Let's just hold on for a second there...

No, I don't have anything better to do.

alh24, giftedchick, lawleypop like this.

Old 01-20-2011
stevenmm
Old 01-20-2011
stevenmm
Old 01-20-2011 at 07:14 PM   #23
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
I use the bus a lot... >_>
More than enough reason to vote No.

Old 01-20-2011 at 07:28 PM   #24
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordko View Post
I wouldn't mind an opt-out option, since I commute this could help me pay for parking.
Please check out the MSU website to read an explanation on why this cannot exist as an opt-out fee: https://www.msumcmaster.ca/servicesa...ctions/hsr.htm

Old 01-20-2011 at 07:31 PM   #25
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times
I don't believe in "voting".

Rome did better when it was an empire, not when it was a republic.

Old 01-20-2011 at 07:32 PM   #26
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
I don't generally believe in voting either, but I also don't like getting fukked up the arse.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Commander likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search