MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is welcome week fun at mac? 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 47 06-20-2011 10:40 PM
Welcome Week Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 53 08-19-2010 10:58 AM
Anybody know why university reading week a week earlier than college? TTHX General Discussion 11 01-08-2010 03:44 PM
Help With Welcome Week? Infinity General Discussion 9 04-09-2009 12:57 PM
Welcome Week/Frosh Week Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-04-2008 05:30 PM

Welcome Week

Old 08-03-2011 at 11:31 AM   #1
kanvi_v30

Liked: 7 Times

Welcome Week
I was wondering if I should buy the mac pass or not, I don't know if i should buy because I don't know anyone at Mcmaster, so would it be worth buying it? I going to live off campus if that makes a difference.

Last edited by kanvi_v30 : 08-03-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-03-2011 at 11:43 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvi_v30 View Post
I was wondering if I should buy the mac pass or not, I don't know if i should buy because I don't know anyone at Mcmaster, so would it be worth buying it? I going to live off campus if that makes a difference.
If you do buy it, you would be able to attend more events and have more time to make friends. But welcome week isn't the only time to make friends. I made all my friends outside of welcome week.
Old 08-03-2011 at 01:01 PM   #3
Sevan

Liked: 28 Times

It's definately worth buying! You can attend all the events and meet new people, because there are a lot of students as well who don't know anybody. The MacPass allows you to even attend events for specific faculties and residences, so you'll be able to meet people from the same program as you. And by joining the off campus group, SOCS (Society Off Campus Students) you'll meet people who aren't living on campus! Welcome Week is when you'll meet a lot of new friends!

Katydid says thanks to Sevan for this post.
Old 08-03-2011 at 01:05 PM   #4
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Maybe knowing you spent $100 would be enough motivation for you to go and make the most of the week? I wasn't off campus so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing when you're nervous and not right in the middle of WW you might be less motivated to get up and go to everything. :/

InvisoBill likes this.
Old 08-03-2011 at 06:40 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
Maybe knowing you spent $100 would be enough motivation for you to go and make the most of the week? I wasn't off campus so I'm not sure, but I'm guessing when you're nervous and not right in the middle of WW you might be less motivated to get up and go to everything. :/
Thats a pretty good idea. I would use this as motivation.. try to attend all the socials you can!
Old 08-03-2011 at 06:58 PM   #6
Shane.A

Liked: 2 Times

If it makes you feel better, I've been living off campus since first year and I got a macpass. I didn't know anyone at Mac and met a lot of fun amazing people at frosh week. Once you're open and willing to branch out and meet others it'll be a worthwhile investment!

bodargus99 likes this.
Old 08-03-2011 at 08:42 PM   #7
Hopefull

Liked: 4 Times

Hey! even I dont know anyone at Mcmaster :/ maybe I can hang out with you. Dont worry Im not too annoying . Not all the time . oh and I got a mcpass
Old 08-03-2011 at 10:51 PM   #8
kanvi_v30

If I attend welcome week will be missing out on anything by missing welcome day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefull View Post
Hey! even I dont know anyone at Mcmaster :/ maybe I can hang out with you. Dont worry Im not too annoying . Not all the time . oh and I got a mcpass
Maybe we can What program are you in?

Last edited by jhan523 : 08-03-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2011 at 10:54 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvi_v30 View Post
If I attend welcome week will be missing out on anything by missing welcome day?
Welcome day and welcome week are totally different. Welcome day is more geared towards getting to know McMaster, it's services, etc while welcome week is more geared towards having fun and socializing.
Old 08-04-2011 at 08:00 PM   #10
Hopefull

Liked: 4 Times

Earth and environmental science and you
Old 08-04-2011 at 08:02 PM   #11
kanvi_v30

Quote:
I'm in Med Rad.
Old 08-04-2011 at 08:28 PM   #12
anishrules

Liked: 2 Times

I haven't decided whether or not I'm gonna buy a MacPass. I'm living off campus too, so I'm gonna join SOCS for sure.

Quote:
Atef! Are you rooming with a guy named Thai? Just making sure you're the right Atef. I'm one of Thai's friends. He told me about his roommate Atef.
Old 08-06-2011 at 01:08 PM   #13
luna_yi_hui

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Hey, nice to meet u, i am also in first year environmental and earth science. Hope we will meet soon

[email protected] om
Old 08-06-2011 at 04:19 PM   #14
ymich

Liked: 8 Times

going into university means GET INVOLVED!!! buy it. It doesnt matter if u live off campus or not. WW would be fun!!!

luna_yi_hui, Mahes like this.