MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats up! runner108 Introduce Yourself 0 09-09-2010 10:47 PM
Whats Uppppp!! giddz Introduce Yourself 4 08-24-2010 01:42 PM
whats better kirsten..! Academics 5 08-11-2010 05:22 PM
CA and GPA whats the diff? merc67 Academics 6 07-25-2010 09:45 PM
Whats a 9.5? sycoman Academics 18 01-10-2009 03:33 PM

Whats the hardest course you've ever taken?

Old 08-19-2009 at 10:02 PM   #16
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEng View Post
Physics 1D03/1E03 ^.^
Gotta agree with you there. But I mostly hated 1D03, made me realize that I learned absolutely nothing in gr 12 physics :(

Annd a close runner up is CHEM 2OA3.....ugh not fun during summer school.
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:03 PM   #17
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycoman View Post
For me personally, Chem 1A03 has been the hardest so far.
For me, Chem 2OB3 has been the hardest till now
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:04 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
My hardest so far has been Plant Physiology (Bio 3B03). I love learning about plants, and I'm planning on working in enviroment/ecology related stuff, but I just find learning biology on the micro-level can be really tedious, and I also find memorizing enzymes and their pathways can be tough.
Whoa, I got scared for a second. I'm taking Plant BIOLOGY. Lol, not the same thing but when I first read what you wrote I had a little "oh no" moment :p
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:06 PM   #19
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Was this before or after the tests/exam?
haha well the dreams started when I started studying for the tests and exams.

Last edited by rrtt : 08-19-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:06 PM   #20
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Whoa, I got scared for a second. I'm taking Plant BIOLOGY. Lol, not the same thing but when I first read what you wrote I had a little "oh no" moment :p
Haha, plant bio (Bio 2D03) is a fantastic course... one of my best marks! Dudley is an awesome teacher when she teaches stuff she's interested in. Don't be afraid to talk to her either... she loves talking to students and she knows so much.
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:07 PM   #21
dukeb

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
It's because it comes from the French word "Inflammable".
Ah, yes.. indeed. I'm still trying to get a hang of this whole "humor" thing.

How about this: do you like fish sticks?

daisy, ingénieur.xo like this.
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:08 PM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
Haha, plant bio (Bio 2D03) is a fantastic course... one of my best marks! Dudley is an awesome teacher when she teaches stuff she's interested in. Don't be afraid to talk to her either... she loves talking to students and she knows so much.
Yeah, I have to get to know my professors this year. I didn't bother last year, but I really have to make an effort this year. Just wondering, do the professors care if you don't have questions but just want to talk about the material or about their research (if they have any and if it interests me) during their office hours?
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:09 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeb View Post
Ah, yes.. indeed. I'm still trying to get a hang of this whole "humor" thing.

How about this: do you like fish sticks?
I'm not a gay fish XD South Park is hilarious!
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:09 PM   #24
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Commerce 2SB3

Business Ethics...

I'm no good with writing... >_<
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:10 PM   #25
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Chem 2OA3 because I had a terrible prof who would go through an entire chapter an hour. We also managed to cover more content than kids in the fall term. :|

Looking back at it, I should have done better.
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:11 PM   #26
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Yeah, I have to get to know my professors this year. I didn't bother last year, but I really have to make an effort this year. Just wondering, do the professors care if you don't have questions but just want to talk about the material or about their research (if they have any and if it interests me) during their office hours?
I can't speak for every prof, but most professors (especially in upper years) tend to not mind just discussing the material. Most LOVE talking about their research... they love their work so much, many of them can really ramble on!

On that note though, Dudley really enjoys dealing with her students, and she also takes on her best students as TA's, so if you're into plants it's a great idea to talk to her!

jhan523 says thanks to Taunton for this post.
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:21 PM   #27
maclover

Liked: 55 Times

Physics 1D03 was my worst ever. Can't believe how much I hate mechanics after I took that course.
Old 08-19-2009 at 10:21 PM   #28
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Honestly, I can't say that I've had a hard course so far...

I found Poli Sci 1G06 really interesting.. I had Leone as my professor. Absolutely loved him.

Then I had Psych 1X03, Anthro 1A03, Math 1M06, Econ 1B03 and 1BB3, and History 1M03. I thought these were all bird courses.

Then I had Comm 1E03 and Comp Sci 1BA3.

I'll say Comm 1E03 was my hardest but ONLY because of the report. The midterms and exams were super easy.

And comp sci was a bullpoop course, simply because of the teacher. And those in second semester got screwed royally.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-19-2009 at 10:31 PM   #29
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

I took Econ 2H03 in my first term of my first year!(apparently my joke of a highschool econ was equivalent to first year econ) The material was tough enough but what made it worse was the prof Rashid Khan. He was an absolute nightmare to understand, he went on and on making complex scribbles on projector sheets with his heavy accent :S He also told me during office hours that whatever I was taught in Econ by my highschool teacher was "wrong" and I should unlearn it :S

It was only later that I learnt from other people that there is absolutely no point in relying on his lectures for understanding. Instead you should drink down the course pack and memorize the questions in it since they were carbon copied onto the midterms and exams! What a joke of a course from all angles

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 08-19-2009 at 10:39 PM   #30
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
I took Econ 2H03 in my first term of my first year!(apparently my joke of a highschool econ was equivalent to first year econ) The material was tough enough but what made it worse was the prof Rashid Khan. He was an absolute nightmare to understand, he went on and on making complex scribbles on projector sheets with his heavy accent :S He also told me during office hours that whatever I was taught in Econ by my highschool teacher was "wrong" and I should unlearn it :S

It was only later that I learnt from other people that there is absolutely no point in relying on his lectures for understanding. Instead you should drink down the course pack and memorize the questions in it since they were carbon copied onto the midterms and exams! What a joke of a course from all angles
Khan is a hilarious guy. He would buy me and my two friends coffee every day before class so that we wouldn't fall asleep (Which I did regularly).

He would totally see me sleeping (I sat in the front row) and comment on it every time.