MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a campus dentist? rcmp1234 General Discussion 17 03-08-2011 05:55 PM
Campus Dentist TLulu General Discussion 7 01-06-2010 04:48 PM
Campus Dentist lawleypop General Discussion 15 09-26-2009 12:24 AM
Dentist on Campus? Allan General Discussion 11 04-08-2009 10:18 PM
New Dentist Office On Campus! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-10-2009 10:52 PM

What's wrong with the Campus Dentist?

Old 03-20-2011 at 11:40 AM   #16
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
I'm pretty sure I've posted about this on here before, but my experience:

I went to the campus dentist a year or two ago because I was suffering from an uneven bite and needed an occlusal adjustment. This is something where, when you bite your teeth together, only a couple of teeth touch, and there is a lot of pressure which causes pain. The solution is to very lightly file down the high teeth so that the rest sit together evenly. Simple.

The dentist didn't even know what this was - she had to look it up in a book, and then said something along the lines of "um, so what do you want me to do?". She then looked in some dentist catalogue and found something and said "ok, this might fix it, I have to order something, make another appointment for a couple of weeks from now".

I came back, and was informed she hadn't bothered to order anything, but that she thinks putting filling material onto the top of a couple of my molars might help (the complete opposite of what you're supposed to do and made it even worse). She took an hour doing it, and afterwards, I was in extreme pain. I couldn't even bite my teeth together or eat most solid food.. I had to eat soup and KD for half a ****ing month.

I made an appointment with Dr Filice (in the plaza with Crabby Joe's in it), and told them what happened. The Dr took a look and was shocked that another dentist would do that. He removed all the filling material, did the procedure properly, and in 5 minutes it was done. The guy felt so embarrased he did it for free, i shit you not. I went to pay and they told me I wasn't being charged.

I've never had a medical professional make me feel a complete lack of confidence in their ability before, until I went to the campus dentist. It's a really unpleasant feeling.

Dr Filice takes student cards and will bill directly to the school's insurance, so you don't have to pay. I dont know what the deal is now, but back when I went to the campus dentist, they made you pay upfront and then the insurance company mailed you back a cheque like 2 weeks later.

I was thinking of going there for something.
LOL NOT HAPPENING
Old 03-20-2011 at 02:18 PM   #17
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Maybe he was trained at western?

And whoa @ Chad replying.
what's wrong with being trained at western?
Old 03-20-2011 at 04:24 PM   #18
De La Soul

Liked: 1 Time

Ancaster place is wicked, I went there like 2 weeks ago. And yea, it's because they have some sort of agreement with the school or something so I'm preddy sure if you're covered by the dental plan you can only go there. They pay for a taxi to pick you up/drop you off and their service was AMAZING, I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled their very soon. Plus, they have TV's to watch and can even take pictures of the inside of your mouth to show you exactly what their doing and it shows up on the TV.
Old 03-20-2011 at 08:05 PM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I think I'm gonna cancel my appointment there... >_> Professional settings like these shouldn't have so many horror stories. Plus I love my teeth lol. >_>

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-20-2011 at 09:30 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Yeah, I decided I'd use them as my new dentist since I've been still going to my childhood dentist, lol, guess I'll switch to this new fangled ancaster dentist soon.