MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electives Prabh Academics 2 06-18-2010 12:20 AM
Help with Electives precious Academics 6 12-25-2009 07:11 AM
what electives do i take? mehtad5 General Discussion 13 07-05-2009 02:31 PM
Electives help! jade177 Academics 8 11-30-2008 06:25 PM
electives jade177 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-25-2008 10:02 AM

Which electives did you want?

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:01 AM   #256
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Well I got my origins elective, I didn't get Math 1AA3, but I assume I can pick that up after Christmas when the first years that bombed 1A03 drop 1AA3.

It's nice to have something other than Bio, Chem, and Psych in my course selections.
Aww. It's so mean that you're counting on others' failure.. But i guess anything is right when it comes to SOLAR XD
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:02 AM   #257
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
Do you live on SOLAR?
I'll do anything for French okay .. Not live .. Maybe I just obsessively check it every few hours and keep refreshing the page hoping it'll say "Available" XD
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:03 AM   #258
paperplanes

Liked: 10 Times

ok so basically im overseas right now and when i was finally able to get on solar physics 1B03 was already full in second sem. i cant remember was there something we can go on where we can trade courses with other people?

btw, i have english 1bb3 and gerontology both in second semester and im willing to switch for physics 1b03 in second if anyone is interested.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:09 AM   #259
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I'll do anything for French okay .. Not live .. Maybe I just obsessively check it every few hours and keep refreshing the page hoping it'll say "Available" XD
Ah I see. Good luck though!

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Joseph for this post.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:10 AM   #260
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplanes View Post
ok so basically im overseas right now and when i was finally able to get on solar physics 1B03 was already full in second sem. i cant remember was there something we can go on where we can trade courses with other people?

btw, i have english 1bb3 and gerontology both in second semester and im willing to switch for physics 1b03 in second if anyone is interested.
I don't think anything is avilable where you can go on and trade courses :( Too bad I know :(. But check every now and then from now till Aug 3rd and hopefully a space will open up, and you have from aug 13 to school starts to get it too. Plenty of time! Ooooh and if it's in second term when people drop after first term, you have a chance then too
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:13 AM   #261
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Well, this was supposed to be the thread where people would say what they wanted and what they were willing to drop... so check the first like, 25 pages haha.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:16 AM   #262
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Well, this was supposed to be the thread where people would say what they wanted and what they were willing to drop... so check the first like, 25 pages haha.
We did get sidetraked near the end though.. with all the SOLAR excitement XD
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:18 AM   #263
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Aww. It's so mean that you're counting on others' failure.. But i guess anything is right when it comes to SOLAR XD
Well I've already been through first year:

living on Res with a ton of people (at least some of which will like to party more than you do) + lack of any parental supervision + no immediate consequences for falling behind on reading/skipping class/not doing homework + horrible highschool habits + lack of time management = many, many bad first semesters in Uni

Everybody has a different experience, but first semester is full of pitfalls that you need to tip toe around. Since you're just coming in, I guess you can take this as a few simple words of advice.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:24 AM   #264
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
We did get sidetraked near the end though.. with all the SOLAR excitement XD
It's sort of related, since everyone is trying to get their beloved electives.

Consider yourselves lucky if you did get your electives. All the courses I got the first time, are completely full now - even level II linguistics courses, and I thought it was a smaller program.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:28 AM   #265
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Well I've already been through first year:

living on Res with a ton of people (at least some of which will like to party more than you do) + lack of any parental supervision + no immediate consequences for falling behind on reading/skipping class/not doing homework + horrible highschool habits + lack of time management = many, many bad first semesters in Uni

Everybody has a different experience, but first semester is full of pitfalls that you need to tip toe around. Since you're just coming in, I guess you can take this as a few simple words of advice.
*sigh, you covered basically every topic my parents keep mentionning and reminding me about. I guess they're right afterall.
Thanks for your incredibly wise words of advice . I guess I now have to face reality :F:S
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:30 AM   #266
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
It's sort of related, since everyone is trying to get their beloved electives.

Consider yourselves lucky if you did get your electives. All the courses I got the first time, are completely full now - even level II linguistics courses, and I thought it was a smaller program.
Haha nice way to think of it indeed
I guess my timetable would be perfect as it is now if I was allowed/wanted 6 courses/term.. In reality it's not that horrible though, too much science and no french.. but it's definitely not the end of the world
Omg :S specific programs like that should never be full?! What is full anyway .. it's probably like a 100 people :F
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:40 AM   #267
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Well, I for one have had enough SOLAR crap for one day...I'm going off to sleep before something happens to my brain.
Urgh SOALR...*stab*
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:42 AM   #268
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
*sigh, you covered basically every topic my parents keep mentionning and reminding me about. I guess they're right afterall.
Thanks for your incredibly wise words of advice . I guess I now have to face reality :F:S
Most people get by just fine, I didn't mean to make it sound that bad, but there are always people who totally bomb first-term/year. The fact that you're here right now and seem to be relatively on top of things means you should have nothing to worry about, I was a heck of a lot worse than you going into first-year and I came out just fine.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:45 AM   #269
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Most people get by just fine, I didn't mean to make it sound that bad, but there are always people who totally bomb first-term/year. The fact that you're here right now and seem to be relatively on top of things means you should have nothing to worry about, I was a heck of a lot worse than you going into first-year and I came out just fine.
-shudders- Tell me about it. I met this girl, I won't name names. She constantly asked me for all my notes, always asked to see my assignments and only called me up when she needed help. She even tried to get me to help her cheat on a quiz. After a while, I couldn't take her crap anymore, and blocked her everywhere I could. I didn't go as far as to block her number, but I never answered her calls.

Take this as a lesson for anyone who reads this, don't ever do what she did. You make yourself look like, well, a jackass. I'm pretty sure she failed a lot of her classes.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:56 AM   #270
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
A lot of my friends are begging me to drop that course. Don't worry though, I'm sure spots will open once timetables have been released. Keep trying!
WTH! I WANT ASTRONOMY 1F03 NOWWW!!! :@: :@ :@ :@ :@

This is the second year running that I just haven't gotten the course! Is it like 20 people in that class or what!

p.s: Joseph, I will try finding your Home Address and will come over and use my torture techniques/Waterboarding to make you drop it and take it myself! Bad idea to boast about such a in demand course on Insiders, baaadddd move buddy!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

~*Sara*~ likes this.