Woodstock '08 Chad Woodstock Hall Forum 37 08-29-2008 06:42 PM
Woodstock Hall '07 lorend Woodstock Hall Forum 45 08-27-2007 09:16 PM

Woodstock - What floor are you?

Old 06-25-2010 at 11:26 PM   #31
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Man you 5ers and 6ers are gonna hate walking up those stairs all the time
Wheres all the 3rd floors at! Thats where I was last year and it was fantastic.
Old 06-25-2010 at 11:43 PM   #32
paperplanes

Liked: 10 Times

Hey guys welcome to wooodstockkk!

I lived there last yr with my roomie and it was awesome! Trust me you guys will really appreciate the communal washrooms since you wont have to clean anything. Also, don't worry about having to wait to use the showers and stuff since everyone has different schedules and shower time preferences. Like most times when I showered, I was the only one using 1/4 stalls so no problem with that.

Also, 6th floor, you guys get super high cielings and it really makes your room seem bigger! There's also the elevator so I took that almost everyday haha

Overall, Woodstock was a sweet res! Awesome ppl, medium size so not TOO many ppl either so you get to know ppl on diff floors, tunnel to commons, nice distance to classes, gym etc..

Let me know if u have any qs

Last edited by paperplanes : 06-25-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2010 at 11:44 PM   #33
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Woodstock is a totally great res, met alot of people, coincidentally... i usually met new people in the bathroom!
Old 06-26-2010 at 05:07 PM   #34
Jayson193

Liked: 2 Times

Just a couple more questions:

Around how many rooms are there on each floor? (wondering about 6th in particular)
How does the room numbering work, and what would be the rooms at each end?
Old 06-27-2010 at 10:11 AM   #35
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Hmm Im not exactly sure but I think my floor has ~30-40 rooms and the floors should be about the same, but I think 1st floor has less.
And number... if I remember right, 301 and the highest number, 340 or something, were by the stairwell, then the floor is kinda L-shaped, with the bathrooms at the corner, and then down the other hall the numbers like 315-320 or something were at the other end.
I was 335 and I was like 3 doors from the stairwell and 3 doors from the bathroom. Very perfect
Old 06-27-2010 at 10:33 AM   #36
Jayson193

Ahh cool, thanks for the insight. I'm 618 which I assume is located where 318 would be and I'm hoping it's a fairly good location as well
Old 06-28-2010 at 01:58 PM   #37
pocalyuko

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
cool beans im in 612 im doing computer science so we can help each other with the maths lol
that was my room this past year! 6th floor at woodstock this past year was absolutely insane. anybody on 6th floor must continue this legacy lol.

heres an immediate idea, me and my roommate pulled this off
take a couch from the basement or another floor's common room and re-arrange your room so it will fit. we did this and it was absolutely insane. beds at the back of the room in an L-shape formation. then the couch slides in right up against the wall.

Elivs.L likes this.
Old 06-28-2010 at 02:02 PM   #38
pocalyuko

i lived in woodstock this past year in room 612. the legacy better live on lol

heres an idea for your room, whatever room you are.
take a couch from the basement or another floor's common room in the middle of the night
re-arrange your beds to the back of the room so that the beds form an L-shape
the couch will fit PERFECTLY. me and my roommate did this and we each had our own fridge as well.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask, ill help you with anything
Old 06-28-2010 at 08:47 PM   #39
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

That's awesome, except I would not take a public piece of furniture for my own use, especially without permission...

but if I happen to find a couch lying around I will give it a safe home in my L shaped room arrangement. Where did you get your fridges? Did you rent them or buy them somewhere, we'll probably just have one. Also how close is the room to the elevator/stairs and the bathrooms?
Old 06-29-2010 at 01:28 PM   #40
pocalyuko

trust me they do not miss the couches. they have lots of extras in the basement. its a good idea too if you have people in your room for a party, or friends that come up for a weekend. the people on my floor last year loved the couch it was pretty epic and exhilerating to take in the middle of the night lol

as for fridges, me and my roommate got ours from canadian tire if i remember correctly, they were the exact same one - black energy saver whirlpool.

depends on what your room number is. i lived in 612 and i was literally a 15 second walk from the elevator and stairs and just a bit longer to the bathroom. all the rooms are close to the main facilities
Old 06-29-2010 at 09:58 PM   #41
Jayson193

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocalyuko View Post
trust me they do not miss the couches. they have lots of extras in the basement. its a good idea too if you have people in your room for a party, or friends that come up for a weekend. the people on my floor last year loved the couch it was pretty epic and exhilerating to take in the middle of the night lol

as for fridges, me and my roommate got ours from canadian tire if i remember correctly, they were the exact same one - black energy saver whirlpool.

depends on what your room number is. i lived in 612 and i was literally a 15 second walk from the elevator and stairs and just a bit longer to the bathroom. all the rooms are close to the main facilities
Can I ask how you managed to get the couch all the way up? I was under the impression that the single elevator would be a small one

Also would room 618 be further from or closer to the elevator and stairs compared to the room you stayed at?

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2010 at 01:49 AM   #42
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Talked to my roommate and hes bringing a fridge, so it looks like I'll contribute with the couch idea haha our room is going to be awesome
Old 07-03-2010 at 01:21 AM   #43
xchristinax

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by igob8a View Post
Can I ask how you managed to get the couch all the way up? I was under the impression that the single elevator would be a small one

Also would room 618 be further from or closer to the elevator and stairs compared to the room you stayed at?

Thanks!
618 you're like 30 seconds from the elevator just down the hall. 6th floor was amazing last year.. i lived in 611 and you definatley have a reputation to live up to! as for the couch... im pretty sure they stood it upright in the elevator to bring it up. its a small elevator but you'd be surprised how many people would fit in it. but seriously move your furniture to open up the room when you move in!!! the rooms are fairly big once you move everything around
Old 07-06-2010 at 09:11 AM   #44
knguyens2

Liked: 1 Time

I'm on 5th floor
Old 07-06-2010 at 09:18 AM   #45
pocalyuko

lol we stood the couch up vertically and it fit perfectly in the elevator
and i mean perfect. it just grazed the top of the ceiling in the elevator lol
i remember that night, it was epic, at 3:30am, CAs went to sleep, and we pulled it off