MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple choice exams and midterms !? luxhydrus Academics 4 09-12-2010 06:08 PM
Ultimate Computer Brand Choice MacPack Computers & Tech 78 08-28-2010 01:17 PM
How do we accept our program choice? goldfish101 Academics 5 05-31-2010 04:03 PM
CMST 2E03 - a good choice??? elvindsouza Academics 0 11-17-2009 05:29 PM
Free Choice in Engineering? A_L3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 11-18-2008 08:41 AM

Your drug of choice.

Old 10-03-2009 at 12:48 PM   #76
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
I do when I'm back home, but Hamilton water tastes awful >.<
Lol I hate the taste of bottled water more. I don't know why... it just tastes stale unless it's freezing cold in which case I think your taste buds become numb and cannot do their jobs.

I actually haven't really tasted the water on campus. I have drank it but it has no taste to me. But I guess we have different sensations of taste.
Old 10-03-2009 at 01:00 PM   #77
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarch View Post
Lol I hate the taste of bottled water more. I don't know why... it just tastes stale unless it's freezing cold in which case I think your taste buds become numb and cannot do their jobs.

I actually haven't really tasted the water on campus. I have drank it but it has no taste to me. But I guess we have different sensations of taste.
I haven't really tasted the water on campus either, just because I don't drink from fountains usually. The water at my house in Hamilton tastes awful though. And other people who live off campus have said they have the same problem. It might just be a problem with the pipes in older houses though. Or maybe its because I'm not used to it.

Generally if water has any taste at all though something is wrong
Old 10-03-2009 at 01:02 PM   #78
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
I haven't really tasted the water on campus either, just because I don't drink from fountains usually. The water at my house in Hamilton tastes awful though. And other people who live off campus have said they have the same problem. It might just be a problem with the pipes in older houses though. Or maybe its because I'm not used to it.

Generally if water has any taste at all though something is wrong

Lol you guys should really get a filter for your house water... the jug is probably best. Although for some reason water tastes funny after it's filtered... and it doesn't taste funny before. It's a new filter too o.O strange.
Think I should change it or do a lot of people notice that?
Old 10-03-2009 at 01:06 PM   #79
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarch View Post
Lol you guys should really get a filter for your house water... the jug is probably best. Although for some reason water tastes funny after it's filtered... and it doesn't taste funny before. It's a new filter too o.O strange.
Think I should change it or do a lot of people notice that?
I have one, it just doesn't help enough to make it drinkable I filter before cooking with the water though.

I would personally try changing the filter first, if it doesn't help it might just be you.
Old 10-03-2009 at 01:23 PM   #80
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

My drugs are Reactine 20 mg, Singulair and Extra Strength Advil Cold and Sinus.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-03-2009 at 03:11 PM   #81
hellonewyork

Liked: 27 Times

I'm surprised only 1 person said 1L chocolate milks. I see people around campus drinking those all the time! I find it kinda disgusting. I love chocolate milk... But not that much at one time!
Old 10-03-2009 at 03:37 PM   #82
samikas

Liked: 4 Times

Coffee, redbull, moster... anything caffinated. Though with the workload of chem, I'm thinking some meth or a line or two might be in order... (kidding!!)
Old 10-03-2009 at 03:52 PM   #83
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

I forgot TCBY Shivers! om nom nom

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-04-2009 at 12:06 AM   #84
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Coke! I drink about 3-4 cans a day. I’m trying to stop, but I’m just tooo addicted. It also helps me stay awake. Coffee’s good too.

RTinkess31 likes this.
Old 10-04-2009 at 12:16 AM   #85
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Student Centre, Thode, JHE all have them. Not sure of other places that do. I usually don't leave the Eng Cave.
Student Center, JHE Main Floor, Thode Library (occasionally, this year they seem scarce), and I believe I am forgetting one place.
Anyways, beautiful things.

Anime/Manga is my drug. Seriously, I remember come time for the exams in April, I happened to read 300+ chapters of History's Strongest Disciple Kenicihi two nights before a big exam (forget what it was). It ended up with my repeating "alright, that's it. Last chapter then on to studying" for about 200 chapters. Somehow, I managed to pull off me telling myself that same thing over and over again until I reached the last uptodate page. And it was then that I realized I had messed up big time. FML~

As well, MacDonalds; When you got the munchies, it's your best friend when you've smoked some weed or are totally wasted. However, they pumped up the price for Double Cheese Burgers from $1.39 to $1.69. And the tasty Snack Wraps also jumped up in price, and apparently It's a deal if I buy 2 snack wraps for $3.98 when a single one costs $1.99. I'm not sure why they advertise that, but apparently I'm supposed to be saving something according to the menus at MacDonalds on Mohawk & Upper Gage.

Last edited by RoyK : 10-04-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-04-2009 at 12:40 AM   #86
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
Student Center, JHE Main Floor, Thode Library (occasionally, this year they seem scarce), and I believe I am forgetting one place.
Anyways, beautiful things.

Anime/Manga is my drug. Seriously, I remember come time for the exams in April, I happened to read 300+ chapters of History's Strongest Disciple Kenicihi two nights before a big exam (forget what it was). It ended up with my repeating "alright, that's it. Last chapter then on to studying" for about 200 chapters. Somehow, I managed to pull off me telling myself that same thing over and over again until I reached the last uptodate page. And it was then that I realized I had messed up big time. FML~

As well, MacDonalds; When you got the munchies, it's your best friend when you've smoked some weed or are totally wasted. However, they pumped up the price for Double Cheese Burgers from $1.39 to $1.69. And the tasty Snack Wraps also jumped up in price, and apparently It's a deal if I buy 2 snack wraps for $3.98 when a single one costs $1.99. I'm not sure why they advertise that, but apparently I'm supposed to be saving something according to the menus at MacDonalds on Mohawk & Upper Gage.
GO SLEEP SO YOU STUDY AT THODE TOMORROW! NO EXCUSES 830 SHARP!
Old 10-04-2009 at 12:43 AM   #87
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Responding to an earlier post, depending on your stomach acid levels, highly acidic products like ketchup and orange juice could lead to you passing your extra acid in your urine resulting in a good amount of pain.

My reflexologist told me and my doctors have told me for years that the amount of ketchup I eat is not good for my overall health.

As a general tip, if you suffer from urinary discomfort or a change in diet brings about a lot of pain, cut back on your fast food, your ketchup, your spices and your super acidic foods and it may (may) make a difference.

It has to be said because we all have kidneys and if they found out you weren't discussing them, they'd actually be really sad.

On topic again: I enjoy coffee and have been drinking it since a very very young age but am cutting back now. Not only does it get ridiculously expensive but it's difficult to find milk free coffees that aren't very strong and I develop a tolerance to it rendering them ineffective when I really need them.

I've carried an English toffee cappuchino to two of my 3 midterms this week though Milk free (Y)

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-04-2009 at 12:51 AM   #88
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Tea/Coffee...can't get enough of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
Coke! I drink about 3-4 cans a day. I’m trying to stop, but I’m just tooo addicted. It also helps me stay awake. Coffee’s good too.
Hahaha, I was always wondering why you always have a can of coke in Geo class. My poli sci prof (dr. alway) has coke all the time as well!
Old 10-04-2009 at 01:19 AM   #89
John H

Liked: 21 Times

I'm a coke addict too, coke-zero though.
Old 10-04-2009 at 01:34 AM   #90
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
GO SLEEP SO YOU STUDY AT THODE TOMORROW! NO EXCUSES 830 SHARP!
ill go whenever.

PS> Reaching me on MacInsiders = not a good idea.
Lrn 2 txt/FB