MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple choice exams and midterms !? luxhydrus Academics 4 09-12-2010 06:08 PM
Ultimate Computer Brand Choice MacPack Computers & Tech 78 08-28-2010 01:17 PM
How do we accept our program choice? goldfish101 Academics 5 05-31-2010 04:03 PM
CMST 2E03 - a good choice??? elvindsouza Academics 0 11-17-2009 05:29 PM
Free Choice in Engineering? A_L3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 11-18-2008 08:41 AM

Your drug of choice.

Old 10-04-2009 at 03:48 AM   #91
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

lol i eat/drink just about everything, but my biggest junk food is probably chocloate or marble cake. its amazing, and besides that hmm just drinks.

I also watch random ppl on youtube like peter chow, amazing athiest sometimes, and listen to music vids or just hang out sumwhere, and try to procrasinate my work as much as possible...screwed for the math midterm on tuesday.

btw, i have high metabolism so i can eat loads of junk food and not get fat.

P.S. that 1st page makes me feel like ordering a few big macs at 5am

Last edited by ice8 : 10-04-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:19 AM   #92
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8 View Post
i have high metabolism so i can eat loads of junk food and not get fat.
You're also pretty young still. Wait until you hit about 22/23 and your metabolism changes.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-04-2009 at 09:31 AM   #93
Greco

Liked: 18 Times

I actually have developed a really bad habit of not eating anything until I get home from class.

I have class Tuesday & Wednesday 11-4, then Thursday & Friday clinical from 7-2, and I usually never eat anything the whole day, until I get home.

I think it's because I just never have time to prepare somthing to take with me, or I just get so caught up and busy I forget to eat, then by the time I get home i'm starving!!!
Old 10-04-2009 at 03:39 PM   #94
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
You're also pretty young still. Wait until you hit about 22/23 and your metabolism changes.
Haha too true. I gain weight eating salad ffs.
Old 10-04-2009 at 06:14 PM   #95
ice8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
I don't think it will change that much, but till then I am just gonna eat a lot of junk food in case my metabolism goes really low, and i start gaining like 20 lbs per a slice of cake!
Old 10-04-2009 at 08:25 PM   #96
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
I don't think it will change that much, but till then I am just gonna eat a lot of junk food in case my metabolism goes really low, and i start gaining like 20 lbs per a slice of cake!
Oh it'll change. I've seen it in action. Not fun.
Old 10-04-2009 at 08:49 PM   #97
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Ritz crackers!

OMG I am so addicted to them right now. I am that weird person who enjoys salty things over sweet things (eg. chips over chocolate) so now whenever I get tired or bored of reading, I go and eat a Ritz cracker.
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:02 PM   #98
marrgarita

Liked: 1 Time

i can't believe you've never had a chocolate croissant! If you're ever in Westdale, there's a bakery right by Shopper's called Weil's and they have the most delicious chocolate croissants and other things!

lawleypop says thanks to marrgarita for this post.

BlakeM likes this.
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:12 PM   #99
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I"m trying to end my coffee addiction :( It's hard.
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:22 PM   #100
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

I snack on peanuts all the time, so I guess that's my "drug", but I tend to go through phases where I'll crave something and end up eating it all the time for a while before switching to the next thing.

Someone mentioned anime/manga, so I'm going to say television is also my "drug". Somehow I have at least one show to watch every night this year, and that's not including things online...Let's take Saturday for example. I was supposed to work on my essay, but I started watching How I Met Your Mother to see what all the fuss was about. So, then it turned into a pattern of writing a sentence or two, watch an episode, write a sentence/words, watch another episode, etc...etc...It's definitely not productive.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:24 PM   #101
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_X13 View Post
I snack on peanuts all the time, so I guess that's my "drug", but I tend to go through phases where I'll crave something and end up eating it all the time for a while before switching to the next thing.

Someone mentioned anime/manga, so I'm going to say television is also my "drug". Somehow I have at least one show to watch every night this year, and that's not including things online...Let's take Saturday for example. I was supposed to work on my essay, but I started watching How I Met Your Mother to see what all the fuss was about. So, then it turned into a pattern of writing a sentence or two, watch an episode, write a sentence/words, watch another episode, etc...etc...It's definitely not productive.
Productivity is overrated.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

jade177 likes this.
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:34 PM   #102
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrgarita View Post
i can't believe you've never had a chocolate croissant! If you're ever in Westdale, there's a bakery right by Shopper's called Weil's and they have the most delicious chocolate croissants and other things!
I wub you for this knowledge.

Maegs likes this.
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:39 PM   #103
ice8

I love those chocolate croissants!

I also love TV shows, just started watching Dexter and True Blood like a few days ago. Pretty good!

P.S. About the metabolism, I am 19 atm and i havent seen much change in my metabolism over past few years thats why im still uncertain how much it will change.
Old 10-04-2009 at 09:44 PM   #104
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:

I also love TV shows, just started watching Dexter and True Blood like a few days ago. Pretty good!

P.S. About the metabolism, I am 19 atm and i havent seen much change in my metabolism over past few years thats why im still uncertain how much it will change.
Prepare to be disappointed.

(in reference to TB)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-04-2009 at 10:19 PM   #105
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:

A few years after you stop growing/maturing physically it changes.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement