MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
1280 adrian Restaurants & Food Reviews 16 09-05-2013 05:26 PM
1280? Qadd General Discussion 31 08-26-2010 09:55 PM
So I went to 1280... SciMania Restaurants & Food Reviews 19 02-12-2010 12:27 AM
Do you like 1280? Kathy2 General Discussion 84 10-07-2009 11:01 AM
What do you want to see from 1280? Nino General Discussion 71 09-22-2009 10:07 AM

1280 (128q?)

Old 04-26-2010 at 10:14 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

1280 (128q?)
I went to 1280 for the first time today with Reeves. Needless to say that it furthers my belief that "you don't have to try something to know you'll hate it."

Waitress
The waitress was alright, she came by a few times when we weren't ready to order and came by once...

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 04-26-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2010 at 01:07 PM   #15
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
It isn't run by students. It's owned by the MSU, and it answers to the BoD, but the management are all adult full-time managers with experience.

The management that has been there for awhile now (through Quarters and this year of 1280) are leaving this summer and will be replaced accordingly.
I must have been ill-informed then

Old 04-28-2010 at 01:32 AM   #16
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

Food
Considering how disgusting the poutine was, I don't understand how it could have taken that long to cook. Now, I don't expect poutines in Ontario to have some nice Chalifoux cheese curds, but at least have some cheese curds. That's what a freakin' poutine is. Instead, it was grated cheddar (I think) with some gross gravy. To top it off, the fries were ROCK SOLID. It was like biting into a stack of chips, or something equivalently as crunchy/hard.
Okay, first off 1280 has some pretty bad food, that is a given. There is no reason for it, they have the facilities, and making good food isnt overly complicated. It would probably be cheaper then the way they do it now.

Second...
Many places make poutine, there are different styles. I prefer the curds, but making poutine using any method is an art. 1280 sucks, but you dont have to be a quebec'er to make good or "proper" poutine. In numerous threads you have openly bashed people's ability to perform a task because of their culture, it breaks the MI code of conduct and it has to stop. People from all over the world, from all walks of live, all sexual preferences, cultures, races , etc... have the capacity to make poutine. Your hateful views are not welcomed here.

Oh yeah and "newfie poutine" is the superior style of making poutine, although you don't have to be from Newfoundland to make it well.

xo.monica likes this.

Old 04-28-2010 at 01:59 AM   #17
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
Okay, first off 1280 has some pretty bad food, that is a given. There is no reason for it, they have the facilities, and making good food isnt overly complicated. It would probably be cheaper then the way they do it now.

Second...
Many places make poutine, there are different styles. I prefer the curds, but making poutine using any method is an art. 1280 sucks, but you dont have to be a quebec'er to make good or "proper" poutine. In numerous threads you have openly bashed people's ability to perform a task because of their culture, it breaks the MI code of conduct and it has to stop. People from all over the world, from all walks of live, all sexual preferences, cultures, races , etc... have the capacity to make poutine. Your hateful views are not welcomed here.

Oh yeah and "newfie poutine" is the superior style of making poutine, although you don't have to be from Newfoundland to make it well.
I lol'd.

Interwebz is srs bsns.

Old 04-28-2010 at 06:23 AM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Rossclot, can you please stop being a hypocrite? Thanks so much.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search