Rant. lawleypop General Discussion 28 10-20-2009 05:45 PM

Alphabetized Call of Duty Rant

Old 12-15-2010 at 04:00 PM   #31
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
Frankly, i think that all of that is personal opinion, the "quality" of the game that your talking about is pretty ambiguous, seeing as how you simply named 4 PC games and then Halo.

I guess the question i'm really asking here is what separates COD from being a good competitive game like all the others that you have listed. I've played every single one of them, and i can say they are all vastly different and have different playstyles allotted to them, but i'd never say one was more competitive than another.
See post #1.

Old 12-15-2010 at 04:28 PM   #32
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

CoD is competitive? Really?

The minute they introduced killstreaks, it became uncompetitive (though still fun).

CoD generally don't have bad games, but they're overrated, and people who are good at CoD talk WAY too much **** (from what I've seen). All these people saying how good they are on Xbox live and stuff - please, if CS 1.6 gamers had a mouse they could beat these CoD players within 30 minutes of picking up the game.
Old 12-15-2010 at 05:15 PM   #33
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
CoD is competitive? Really?

The minute they introduced killstreaks, it became uncompetitive (though still fun).

CoD generally don't have bad games, but they're overrated, and people who are good at CoD talk WAY too much **** (from what I've seen). All these people saying how good they are on Xbox live and stuff - please, if CS 1.6 gamers had a mouse they could beat these CoD players within 30 minutes of picking up the game.
Have you ever seen Fatal1ty try and play console games? He got crushed. I play both PC and console games, and i can safely say that those who participate in MLG are on par with those that would play LAN cs 1.6, COD is a great game that has competitive value not simply in the amount of people playing, but also in the playstyle required of those that compete at high levels.

This isn't me arguing that COD is more competitive than other games, simply that it deserves to be placed in the same category upon viewing.
Old 12-15-2010 at 06:46 PM   #34
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

I was actually looking forward to you getting to "z"...

Eternal Fire likes this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 08:45 PM   #35
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Activision is the cancer of video games, they are going to keep making cod games as long as they get money. The only reason why they sell so much is because a lot of people just wanna have the newest cod game since they like the previous one. And they are doing the same thing with other games, just look at how many guitar hero games there are that look EXACTLY the same.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:18 PM   #36
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
Activision is the cancer of video games, they are going to keep making cod games as long as they get money. The only reason why they sell so much is because a lot of people just wanna have the newest cod game since they like the previous one. And they are doing the same thing with other games, just look at how many guitar hero games there are that look EXACTLY the same.
You understand supply and demand right? If people didn't enjoy the gameplay that was exhibited in the COD games they wouldn't buy them. It only makes sense that if the COD games started sucking, people would find an alternative like Bad Company.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:22 PM   #37
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
You understand supply and demand right? If people didn't enjoy the gameplay that was exhibited in the COD games they wouldn't buy them. It only makes sense that if the COD games started sucking, people would find an alternative like Bad Company.
Most casual gamers are idiots. That negates your point.

They like the core gameplay (which is fun, I will admit) but that allows the companies to take out all the stuff that we've come to expect in terms of peripherals (e.g., dedicated servers on PC, chat, blah blah blah). MW2 on PC was a fun "game" but it had HORRIBLE design issues when talking about the menus and the way you joined servers and whatnot.

No dedicated servers - host gets a massive advantage, killing competition right there.

The point is, because everyone's so gassed out of their nutsack about the "next CoD" and its "new killstreaks" they neglect all the shit that's being removed that shouldn't be.

Eternal Fire says thanks to Alchemist11 for this post.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:27 PM   #38
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

This is like society in general, everyone's too distracted to realize our civil liberties, and independances are being taken away.

cod is a metaphor for 1984

Alchemist11 likes this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:34 PM   #39
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Most casual gamers are idiots. That negates your point.

They like the core gameplay (which is fun, I will admit) but that allows the companies to take out all the stuff that we've come to expect in terms of peripherals (e.g., dedicated servers on PC, chat, blah blah blah). MW2 on PC was a fun "game" but it had HORRIBLE design issues when talking about the menus and the way you joined servers and whatnot.

No dedicated servers - host gets a massive advantage, killing competition right there.

The point is, because everyone's so gassed out of their nutsack about the "next CoD" and its "new killstreaks" they neglect all the shit that's being removed that shouldn't be.
COD is not a PC game anymore, it's a PC port, for a console gamer, it's merely the status quo. You judging MW2 by PC standards is unfair, not to mention the fact that the competition that we're talking about here is at the organized level(MLG, CPL, CEVO, CGS) where the consoles are system linked, just like LAN and PC games.
Old 12-16-2010 at 01:01 AM   #40
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Im going to interrupt this thread just to say that Maplestory is the best game ever.

On a related note though, I didn't mind MWF, lots of the reasons posted earlier I agree with. Def wont get MWf2.