MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attention Science Students!!!! aviaf General Discussion 2 09-29-2010 10:25 PM
Is it possible to take 33 units (for non-engineering students) ever? shreya s. Academics 8 04-27-2010 09:03 AM
Engineering Students mudathto First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 69 08-28-2009 10:46 AM
Attention First Year Science Students!! manu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 08-04-2009 12:01 PM
Attention all Art Students! Mill Learning Commons Looking for Art KristaG General Discussion 0 12-07-2006 11:36 AM

Attention all Engineering Students

Old 02-26-2010 at 09:14 PM   #16
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Random examples me quoting Can I bring Amber Lamps?/Bring Da Amberlamps! In the past few weeks and people having no idea what I'm saying.
HAHAHAHA YESSSS!
Old 02-27-2010 at 05:21 PM   #17
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times

As an SRA Rep, I think it would be in your best interest to run in SRA Generals. If you get the engineering seat in the SRA, you will have MSU viewpoints and opinions to bring to the table at Senate (pending your victory, of course). As a frequent MI user, you could provide a very good link between this online community and MacInsiders users who do not frequent SRA meetings yet criticize the MSU and its operations.

Best of luck, and if you need a signature for nomination I have my office hours Tuesday morning in MUSC 204.
Old 02-27-2010 at 07:19 PM   #18
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
As an SRA Rep, I think it would be in your best interest to run in SRA Generals. If you get the engineering seat in the SRA, you will have MSU viewpoints and opinions to bring to the table at Senate (pending your victory, of course). As a frequent MI user, you could provide a very good link between this online community and MacInsiders users who do not frequent SRA meetings yet criticize the MSU and its operations.

Best of luck, and if you need a signature for nomination I have my office hours Tuesday morning in MUSC 204.
ok, you convinced me I'm getting the nomination package on Monday. Let's see if I can do this

Matt Wright likes this.
Old 03-01-2010 at 04:16 PM   #19
adrian
Elite Member

Alright, I am now running in the SRA election too, handed in my nomination 20 minutes ago.

Last edited by adrian : 03-01-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-01-2010 at 05:24 PM   #20
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

So what specifically is your platform? All i see is resumes on that site.
Old 03-01-2010 at 05:49 PM   #21
adrian
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
So what specifically is your platform? All i see is resumes on that site.
Hey, this is why I'm going to have the focus meeting with Engineering students next Tuesday, to explain the purpose of senate, my role in a senate position, and how students are benefited by decisions made in senate.

But here is a quick run-through:

The senate meets once a month to discuss administrative and academic issues. These can include the way classes are structured, projects, teaching styles and course objectives. Now, as a member of senate, my two main jobs will be to do two things(plus one):
1. bring undergraduate engineering issues to the table - I get these from interacting with people in engineering every day, from this forum, from the SRA, if I get elected there as well
2. vote on issues that are brought forward in senate
3. Bonus point(this is my "platform"): I will keep people informed on important issues from senate by ways of MacInsiders and personal communication.

So you see, a resume is a much more appropriate medium of presentation than a platform(I am not in a leadership position).

Also, feel free to ask more questions, or come to the focus meeting next Tuesday(I will remind people via this thread closer to the day).
Adrian
Old 03-02-2010 at 06:13 PM   #22
adrian
Elite Member

i guess you could say I'm pro-student
Old 03-02-2010 at 06:14 PM   #23
adrian
Elite Member

Anyway, regarding the SRA, the nomination meeting was tonight. Apparently there were 4 nominations for 5 seats, so I, along with the other 3 candidates are "acclaimed". Good, now I can focus on getting the senate seat.
Old 03-02-2010 at 07:27 PM   #24
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Anyway, regarding the SRA, the nomination meeting was tonight. Apparently there were 4 nominations for 5 seats, so I, along with the other 3 candidates are "acclaimed". Good, now I can focus on getting the senate seat.
Lol yeah that was such a fail on the Engineering Students/Faculties part! They couldn't even get FIVE people to show up, let alone have an election!

Congrats though

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

adrian says thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.
Old 03-08-2010 at 08:56 PM   #25
adrian
Elite Member

Reminder
Just to remind all you engineers, I am holding the senate focus group in Mills Library, room L310/E(3rd floor) on March 9th(tomorrow), from 3pm to 5pm.

Please come to chat!