MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
does jesus christ exist? dhgn General Discussion 18 11-06-2010 09:28 PM
Off-Campus residences,,, HELP!!!!!!!!HELP!!!! rickytheman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-18-2010 02:45 PM
InterFaith Dialogue Event: Campus for Christ and MSA huzaifa47 MacInsiders Announcements 13 11-12-2009 12:36 PM
are they still checking id in residences? macbaby07 Residence & Housing 5 09-10-2009 05:59 PM
Addresses and phone numbers for residences amyf Residence & Housing 1 08-11-2008 08:09 AM

Campus for Christ in residences.

Old 03-10-2011 at 06:04 PM   #1
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Campus for Christ in residences.
Going from room to room.
Seriously? Are they allowed to do this?

Whilst they were having a very long conversation with a guy from the room next to mine, I wrote this on my door:
http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/o...h/DSC02629.jpg

They went right past my room. HUZZAH.

danallan, L'Étoile all say thanks to Amaryll for this post.

Old 03-10-2011 at 06:10 PM   #2
BillyShears
Account Locked

Liked: 11 Times

Old 03-10-2011 at 06:10 PM   #3
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

That's kind of odd. I don't think they're allowed to be doing that, no...

On an uninteresting note, your writing looks exactly like mine.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:22 PM   #4
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

I was stopped by them not too long ago in the student centre. I did not want to be a jerk, so I pretended that I was an agnostic who was not sure if I believed in God or not.

Mistake. Discussion went on for almost 20 minutes. I should've just told them that I was not interested. Friendly people though. And I scored a free Bible.

Still, going door-to-door in residence seems a little... intrusive.

blenicnl likes this.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:31 PM   #5
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Have fun going to hell
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:32 PM   #6
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Lure them into your room and when they aren't looking chop off their heads.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:34 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

This is a little TOO intrusive.
Something similar happened to me today. I'm not sure what it was for though.. I was sitting before class in MDCL and some girl is like:" Excuse me, but I was wondering if I could read you this book. I have to read it to 20 people as part of my homework for class, blah blah." And she takes out this small handout/booklet thing. I kind of got the jist of it and said I was busy. But residences too..? This whole thing is just getting ridiculous.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:36 PM   #8
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Have fun going to hell
So mean, Rakim. Tell your mother or girlfriend to hug you more often.

Rakim says thanks to alh24 for this post.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:36 PM   #9
AeRo

Liked: 10 Times

With people of that faith, you're always going to have that. I think it says somewhere in the Bible that you're supposed to save as many people as you can and that apparently includes bothering people to no end. But you gotta remember too, they think they're doing you the greatest thing you could possibly do to a person so I just usually say no thank you and walk away. But I agree, going into residences is a major breach of the residence code and if you have the time, you should bring it up with the residence manager. Campus for Christ would get in trouble for that.

Rakim likes this.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:44 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Have fun going to hell
Disappointed by lack of white text

Never been bothered much by c4c people, I just say I'm not interested if somebody approaches me.

I don't care for god-botherers, but I find a huge social social disconnect on this campus.. people don't really interact with strangers, and in general there isn't a whole lot of discourse beyond clubs, MUSC table people, and events. Any group that goes around trying to stimulate discourse, no matter the content, as long as its not overly intrusive, is kewel in my mind.

J-Met says thanks to RyanC for this post.

AeRo, Pay919 like this.
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:58 PM   #11
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Draw a chalk outline of a body on the ground and toss a few pamphlets nearby.

You'll never hear a knock on the door again!

Black.Mamba, Grover like this.
Old 03-10-2011 at 07:02 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptingf8 View Post

You'll never hear a knock on the door again!
Thats actually kind of funny, and creepy.

Actually, a chalk outline, a little blood with a discarded, bitten hot-dog would be a great prank play in front of where the willydog vendor sets up.
make it happen MI
Old 03-10-2011 at 07:05 PM   #13
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptingf8 View Post
Let's not forget the crime scene tape! Kidding.

Last edited by Grover : 03-10-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to hint.
Old 03-10-2011 at 07:31 PM   #14
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

True story:

I sit on a bench on the 3rd floor of MSU on my one hour breaks. I have been approached by a couple of people wanting to discuss/talk/join a christian church. Only me by the way. They would literally walk by everyone and come straight for me and when i said nicely please go away they left the floor of the building entirely. This is very weird behavior so on the 3rd time a group approached me I was in a bad mood and asked " why does every religious group only try to get me to join their church and not the other people sitting around on the 3rd floor" The person responded that I looked like i was agnostic/atheist and wanted to show me a better path. To this day I have absolutely no idea how I looked like an atheist to them. It is not like I was burning a bible or anything.

Old 03-10-2011 at 08:50 PM   #15
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
True story:

I sit on a bench on the 3rd floor of MSU on my one hour breaks. I have been approached by a couple of people wanting to discuss/talk/join a christian church. Only me by the way. They would literally walk by everyone and come straight for me and when i said nicely please go away they left the floor of the building entirely. This is very weird behavior so on the 3rd time a group approached me I was in a bad mood and asked " why does every religious group only try to get me to join their church and not the other people sitting around on the 3rd floor" The person responded that I looked like i was agnostic/atheist and wanted to show me a better path. To this day I have absolutely no idea how I looked like an atheist to them. It is not like I was burning a bible or anything.

We've been watching you very closely for some time now Colin...

P.S. take your hand out of your pants...