MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meet The Candidates - Casey Chad Presidentials 2010 0 02-02-2010 12:11 AM
The rink at oak knoll park HG88 Athletics & Recreation 2 12-17-2009 09:01 PM
Where can I park for just a week? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 10-06-2009 04:01 PM

Casey Park

Old 02-04-2010 at 05:49 AM   #226
KN1991

Liked: 52 Times

Nosh, after all of the criticism (which i think was almost entirely fair game) I don't think Casey is worried about answering any remaining questions. He's updated his facebook group and promoted voting for him, at this point winning over 5 people (who for the most part aren't voting for him at all) probably isn't valuable to him.

What I'd like to know is why he says he can speak to students on their level and communicate with them best (etc. etc. etc......) but in the most important time during this campaign he's unable to answer questions that have been sitting for a couple of days, whereas I've seen the other candidates active on macinsiders (or at least their closest team members)

EVERYONEEEE go vote!!!!!!!!! good luck to everyone!!
Old 02-04-2010 at 08:50 AM   #227
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

He doesn't like our questions, therefore he will abstain from them... If elected! He will ignore all that upsets him or makes him think hard and act professionally... That is the sense I am getting. Quote me on this boys and girls... Definately doesn't get my vote with this kind of behaviour.
Old 02-04-2010 at 08:50 AM   #228
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Only 3 candidates have really been good about answering questions and criticisms, at least on this board.

Tauseef's thread is practically dead and all I've seen him do is drop in to spam threads with his video. Casey obviously doesn't care enough to communicate with students on their level like he promised, disappointing.

Mary, Kieran and Ash have all tried to answer questions on here and be around, and have also responded to the tough criticisms from other campaign teams. I respect this b/c a lot of the criticism is coming from people whose vote they won't be winning over, but they take the time to properly respond and defend their platform.

Perhaps Casey is forgetting that the voting is preferential. Just b/c you may not win someone's #1 vote doesn't mean that answering their questions is worthless. You may win a higher place on their ballot that could help you in the elections.

There's plenty of reasons Casey has earned the #5 position on my 5 position ballot. Even under Tauseef Khan who I agree with someone else has good intentions but may not be quite ready for the job.

Another note I just saw Casey in MUSC this morning and he passed by me and didn't even smile at me even though I always make the effort to smile at anyone I pass and happen to make face contact with. Way to win students votes by just blowing past them and ignoring them. He looks to be in a permanent bad mood, I'd never want to speak to him in person with that attitude.

Old 02-04-2010 at 09:00 AM   #229
KN1991

there's a fifth person running?!?!?! i never would have known.....

but seriously, i've never seen khan's website, group, comments, thread, platform, presentation or... umm.. i saw one poster but it was in black and white (i think??) so i moved along, and he will receive my #4 spot as well ... or am i allowed to just leave #5 blank????
Old 02-04-2010 at 09:01 AM   #230
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

You're allowed to leave as many spots blank as you want
Old 02-04-2010 at 09:14 AM   #231
sew12
Elite Member

Yes, you can choose not to rank any of the candidates you like.

Basically after you rank as many as you choose after those candidates are knocked out of the running (if they are) then your vote would count as an abstention.

Also if you are not pleased with any of the candidates you can go to the poll and just check abstain on your ballot. Doing this shows that you're not apathetic towards politics or too lazy to vote you're just not happy with any of the available choices. Not voting doesn't send the same message.

If you're unhappy with the candidates, think the MSU is a joke etc go to the poll and abstain. Send a real message.

Tauseef Khan I think is very passionate but very unexperienced and out of his league in this election.
Old 02-04-2010 at 10:49 AM   #232
emtee10
Mac Lifer

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Another note I just saw Casey in MUSC this morning and he passed by me and didn't even smile at me even though I always make the effort to smile at anyone I pass and happen to make face contact with. Way to win students votes by just blowing past them and ignoring them. He looks to be in a permanent bad mood, I'd never want to speak to him in person with that attitude.
In fairness, he's probably just really stressed and exhausted considering that today is the last day of a 2.5-week campaign period. I know I would be if I was running for President.

I've known Casey for a few years, and I really don't think that he'd be in a "permanent bad mood" as President. He's usually an incredibly friendly guy and I don't think that what you saw was necessarily representative of that.

It's pretty clear from past posts of mine that Casey and I don't see eye-to-eye with regard to the MSU, and that we haven't always had the best professional relationship on the SRA this year. However, I feel the need to defend him as a person. Casey is not a callous or cold person at all, and if you get the chance to meet him outside of the context of this campaign, I think that you'll discover that.

Regardless of how you feel about him as a candidate, know that he is an incredible person.

jmbauman, Matt Wright all say thanks to emtee10 for this post.
Old 02-04-2010 at 11:55 AM   #233
Matt Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
honestly I just am curious and have yet to get an answer to my question via facebook or here . This is kind of upsetting , it was not even offensive it was a simple question about which points from the posters students wrote on were chosen and how did you go about that ? At this point I wouldnt even mind an answer from Wright I understand Casey is busy .
Hey Nosh!

Sorry for the inexcusable delay in this post, we were all campaign pretty hard and I hadn't had a chance to stay up to date with all the websites and such.

The points that were taken from the posters were generally the ones that weren't offensive or derogatory, and tied into overarching platform goals. Unfortunately, there will not be MORE YAOI BILLY from Casey Park if elected MSU president, but definitely a push towards open communication and alternative transportation.

Some of the points included more accountability, healthier food on campus, problems with ELM/SOLAR, and the current parking arrangement. Of course we neglected a few suggestions that are out of the control of the MSU such as a 24-hour Tim Hortons, but the general sediments from the posters were summarized in the www.caseypark.com blog posts.

I hope this answered your question!

Nosh says thanks to Matt Wright for this post.
Old 02-04-2010 at 12:04 PM   #234
Hallandale

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
Hey Nosh!

Sorry for the inexcusable delay in this post, we were all campaign pretty hard and I hadn't had a chance to stay up to date with all the websites and such.

The points that were taken from the posters were generally the ones that weren't offensive or derogatory, and tied into overarching platform goals. Unfortunately, there will not be MORE YAOI BILLY from Casey Park if elected MSU president, but definitely a push towards open communication and alternative transportation.

Some of the points included more accountability, healthier food on campus, problems with ELM/SOLAR, and the current parking arrangement. Of course we neglected a few suggestions that are out of the control of the MSU such as a 24-hour Tim Hortons, but the general sediments from the posters were summarized in the www.caseypark.com blog posts.

I hope this answered your question!

I think it's

MORE YAOI
-BILLY

Some guy named Billy wants more Yaoi. That's how I understood it. Yaoi-Billy doesn't exist. Yaoi most definitely does.

Old 02-04-2010 at 12:10 PM   #235
Matt Wright

Thanks for the clarification on the matter. If you happen to know Billy, offer him my sincerest apologies for not being able to fulfill this campaign promise.

InMeteor, ytpos like this.
Old 02-04-2010 at 01:41 PM   #236
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee10 View Post
In fairness, he's probably just really stressed and exhausted considering that today is the last day of a 2.5-week campaign period. I know I would be if I was running for President.

I've known Casey for a few years, and I really don't think that he'd be in a "permanent bad mood" as President. He's usually an incredibly friendly guy and I don't think that what you saw was necessarily representative of that.

It's pretty clear from past posts of mine that Casey and I don't see eye-to-eye with regard to the MSU, and that we haven't always had the best professional relationship on the SRA this year. However, I feel the need to defend him as a person. Casey is not a callous or cold person at all, and if you get the chance to meet him outside of the context of this campaign, I think that you'll discover that.

Regardless of how you feel about him as a candidate, know that he is an incredible person.
Just another minor point on this. As much as I am adamantly against Casey Park becoming President, I do agree with Matt's sentiments. Even though Casey knows I have been one of the most active antagonists to his campaign, he even smiled at me today when we walked past each other. So I don't think his brushing past you was intentional sew. Regardless, this is all over and out of anyone's hands in a few hours!

ytpos likes this.
Old 02-04-2010 at 07:33 PM   #237
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
maybe he didn't see you.
maybe he was looking towards you but wasn't registering your face.
my friends say hi to me in the hallway and i still can't recognize them sometimes.
he's a cool guy; he didn't even know who i was except for the one time I posted on this thread. we were crossing the road at main at haddon and I kidna gave him a weird look, he kinda gave me a weird look, then he was like, "cheri right?" I said "lol wtf sup" or something similar.
he's a cool guy ( and I don't like anyone)
these assumptions are unfounded.

and personally, i can't say that I walk with a smile on my face. people tell me i looked pissed ALL the time. even if I'm not pissed. it's just my face.

you're seriously gonna judge someone on that?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

igeorge25 likes this.
Old 02-04-2010 at 07:38 PM   #238
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post

you're seriously gonna judge someone on that?
I had already made up my mind on him prior to that, but in retrospect I think I judged his personality to harshly based on that. I still don't want him to win the election based on actual platform etc but I'm sure he's a decent guy.
Old 02-04-2010 at 07:43 PM   #239
KN1991

uh.. that statement can go both ways lol wow

you just said you saw him once and because he said your name he is a cool guy (x3) pretty much said exactly what sew said but with a positive outcome (same to your post a while ago where you discussed the same incident)

"you're seriously gonna judge someone on that?"

no body should base stupid events like walking past a person on a persons overall character, or link them to the potential of a candidate. Woo only hours until we find out whoo won! (hopefully)
Old 02-04-2010 at 07:48 PM   #240
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KN1991 View Post
uh.. that statement can go both ways lol wow

you just said you saw him once and because he said your name he is a cool guy (x3) pretty much said exactly what sew said but with a positive outcome (same to your post a while ago where you discussed the same incident)

"you're seriously gonna judge someone on that?"

no body should base stupid events like walking past a person on a persons overall character, or link them to the potential of a candidate. Woo only hours until we find out whoo won! (hopefully)
Okay, so I forgot to mention that we were crossing the street, and he was polite enough to STOP WALKING and meet me on my end to have a CONVERSATION with me.

Do you also want to know where I was going? I was going to meet a hot asian to get high and fvck.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.