MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meet The Candidates - Casey Chad Presidentials 2010 0 02-02-2010 12:11 AM
The rink at oak knoll park HG88 Athletics & Recreation 2 12-17-2009 09:01 PM
Where can I park for just a week? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 10-06-2009 04:01 PM

Casey Park

Old 01-25-2010 at 06:20 PM   #76
florencem.

Liked: 34 Times

I screen captured this photo from Casey's facebook page.

I cannot believe anyone who is seeking to prove that his candidate is a responsible and mature leader would stoop to something so decidely petty. It's bad enough that students are being silenced from speaking about their concerns on his page but then he resorts to comments like this.

For Chad's sake I'll offer this solution: TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW NOT TO VOTE FOR THIS GUY! Don't even give him a number on your ballot!

Last edited by florencem. : 01-25-2010 at 06:37 PM.

conster says thanks to florencem. for this post.

-McD-, bluser like this.
Old 01-25-2010 at 06:42 PM   #77
bluser

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by florencem. View Post

I cannot believe anyone who is seeking to prove that his candidate is a responsible and mature leader would stoop to something so decidely petty. It's bad enough that students are being silenced from speaking about their concerns on his page but then he resorts to comments like this.

For Chad's sake I'll offer this solution: TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW NOT TO VOTE FOR THIS GUY! Don't even give him a number on your ballot!
That is hilarious. Especially because Matt Wright just posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
Can I just ask some professional courtesy of everyone to keep their personal attacks to a minimum. There are plenty of people who have had bad experiences with everyone, but it's of much more benefit to take the high road and focus on answering campaign questions.

Everyone just grow up. Say some of the things you want to say in person instead of being two-faced or hiding behind a computer.

conster says thanks to bluser for this post.
Old 01-25-2010 at 06:58 PM   #78
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by florencem. View Post

Hey Florence!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure to talk to Mr. Wright.
Old 01-25-2010 at 07:00 PM   #79
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

In response to :
http://caseypark.com/2010/01/25/your-promise-coca-cola/

Mr Park,

In all due respect I was aware of the lack of financial incentives this time around in comparison to 2006 a week before the start of campaign period because I took time out during my week to go talk in detail to Andrew Richardson VP Admin of MSU and a fellow Exec Board member of yours. I did that because I as an SRA member was compelled to research everything I can in order to be a better and more well informed representative. I found it shocking therefore when Wednesday morning I found your posters with your ambition to sign a 100% exclusivity deal in there. The members of the NO campaign side that I talked to that day as well as Mr Richardson can attest to my surprise that a MSU Presidential candidate going for the highest office in this union is unaware of those facts.

I also completely do not understand your point about "Coke needs to answer about their actions in India and Columbia before talks of EXCLUSIVITY deal are offered"

Is it just me or does anyone reading this think that IF you really had a stance pertaining to your aforementioned statement you would demand such "answers" before the Coke does ANY business whatsoever with McMaster?

How does allowing a non exclusive deal/status quo of 80% and not allowing them 100% exclusivity unless they "answer" questions about India/Columbia any different from each other? Is buying 30% or 80% of Coke any different from 100%?

How do you suggest coke should "answer" to these allegations? A Official Press statement from HeadQuarters to the MSU and McMaster students?

Also you have failed to clarify how you will get juices and other healthier alternatives in if McMaster re-signs the current deal and get the 80% deal we have(hence the availability of Pop Shoppe and Vitamin water at UM). You will be unable to lobby the IRC for anything unless the contract is something like 50-50 or 40-60. If so; is THAT your personal choice about the Coke Contract?

Thanks,

Huzaifa

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 01-25-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2010 at 07:01 PM   #80
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times

I have my own concerns with Mr. McIntyre's behaviour during this campaign period. I feel as though he is deterring students from getting involved by hashing personal attacks rather than talking about the issues surrounding MSU Presidentials or the likeliness of campaign points. My two cents.

milles7 likes this.
Old 01-25-2010 at 07:11 PM   #81
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Here is a message I received from Mr. Wright and my response. I hold to the fact that none of my comments are personal - they are all regarding Mr. Park's platform, experience and ability to serve as President. This is a public election - act like it!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright
John, John, John... You are tip-toeing a very fine line right now. Let's try and keep things campaign related. For the sake of everyone involved, try and not make things personal. Ok?

Neither you or I is running for President, so you mind your business and I'll mind mine and everyone wins.
Hey Matt,

Not really tip-toeing any lines right now. This is a public election which means candidates should be prepared for positive and negative comments and questions. Mind my own business?! Again is this not a public election?! Is that what Mr. Park's campaign is encouraging?! "I'm running to be your President...but mind your own business"!?

You keep claiming I'm making things personal, but I have to disagree. All of my comments are regarding Mr. Park's platform, past experiences or my perception based on my experiences with him. That's all fair game and I think our elections should see more of that. Think of any other level of government - Harper vs. Ignatieff - some will praise one and bring up their concerns for another.

It's important for people to be able to voice their opinions and ask those questions. I want to see more engagement both positive and negative. I'm sorry you don't like what I'm saying but I haven't violated any rules or done anything wrong. I just don't think Casey is capable of being a good MSU President. Sorry we disagree and enjoy the rest of the campaign!

-McD-, conster like this.
Old 01-25-2010 at 08:06 PM   #82
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
John, John, John... You are tip-toeing a very fine line right now. Let's try and keep things campaign related. For the sake of everyone involved, try and not make things personal. Ok?

Neither you or I is running for President, so you mind your business and I'll mind mine and everyone wins.
Quite frankly I think you (Matt) were walking the line of dirty politics. You basically insinuated that a supporter of another campaign was engaged in a smear campaign in order to get a kickback appointment. It was in my humble opinion a very personal comment about someone who isn't even running and not at all campaign related. I'm a big believer in those who live in glass houses not throwing stones.

McIntyre says thanks to arathbon for this post.
Old 01-25-2010 at 08:17 PM   #83
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by arathbon View Post
Quite frankly I think you (Matt) were walking the line of dirty politics. You basically insinuated that a supporter of another campaign was engaged in a smear campaign in order to get a kickback appointment. It was in my humble opinion a very personal comment about someone who isn't even running and not at all campaign related. I'm a big believer in those who live in glass houses not throwing stones.
For anyone on MacInsiders who is concerned, I have discussed these incidents with Mr. Wright and told him not to make anymore negative comments that can be both construed and misconstrued as personal attacks

For the first four days of campaigning, things were cordial between all campaign teams. I hope that after this impasse, we can move forward positively.

Last edited by casey.park : 01-25-2010 at 09:46 PM.

arathbon says thanks to casey.park for this post.
Old 01-25-2010 at 08:26 PM   #84
samd

Liked: 22 Times

This thread has gotten ****ing ridiculous. Could an admin please blow it up?

kanthamd, ladyh like this.
Old 01-25-2010
florencem.
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-25-2010 at 09:37 PM   #85
florencem.

Liked: 34 Times

Report anything to a moderator as was said. They're reviewed by all of them based on the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct! That's right! I've been following the rules!

temara.brown says thanks to florencem. for this post.
Old 01-25-2010 at 10:01 PM   #86
McMaxwell

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean... are you referring to the "demotivational speaker" on Eng faculty day (that is extremely hilarious and obviously a joke)?

I just don't see how that's related to this... I hope you mean something else - please clarify!
Yes that's exactly what I mean. I actually had 2 Faculty members complain about it this year while they listened to the torrent of cussing on their way to work. Joke or not: I'm not sure what it's doing at an institution of higher learning. There are way more constructive ways to be funny and the Reds in particular have some of the funniest! This just isn't one of them.

Casey, sorry for misusing your candidate wall space! My apologies.

Last edited by McMaxwell : 01-25-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2010 at 10:29 PM   #87
Puppies45

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
What happened at the MacPass tent?
It was very similar to the Horizons incident that was described above. Casey, as the faculty-wide planner was doing the music in the area where students went to pick up their Mac Passes in front of Mills. I had heard that Shots song and many others like it multiple times. These songs are filled with swears. Not only that but I had heard him take over the mic and swear at the reps through that. With so many nervous parents leaving their kids at university for the first time, I could hardly believe that would leave a good impression. This total lack of good judgement has been a continuing problem and I can't imagine how Casey would be able to make even more important decisions in the role of president.

This is not someone I want to be the face of my students union!

I will not be voting for Casey and am telling my friends to do the same.
Old 01-25-2010 at 10:42 PM   #88
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

Hm. I did hear rumours about someone being on the Mic, on top of the table leading the Maroons FSU cheer... WHICH IS NOT THE TIME NOR THE PLACE FOR THAT CHEER.

I also did hear stories of someone going on the mic and saying "To all the faculty reps who are just sitting around, can you get off your asses and do something.."

Also did hear that MANY parents complained to the Residence Life Staff about the conduct and rudeness of one of the people who was at the MacPass area, especially in regards to the music.

That was Casey? Weird...
Old 01-25-2010 at 10:44 PM   #89
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

I am having a hard time understanding why Casey's music selection of all things are being brought up in the same space as this presidential forum, it was Welcome WEEK! I have personally have yet to decide on whom I wish to support before the vote next week, but I just think some music selection is a ridiculous premise for not voting for a guy. Swearing in music is VERY common, and welcome week is a time of fun and new beginnings, and I doubt the swearing in the music was what parents worry about when they drop their kids off. This is not kinder garden where we need to only listen to censored music, would you rather he had played some songs from Hannah Montana or something? Im sorry if this sounds like a personal attack, because it is not I am just attempting to point out that music selection is not a very valid reason for disliking a candidate and discouraging others to vote for them. The platform presented, personal qualities, and interpersonal skills must be what we judge a candidate on, not their music choice or anything arbitrary like that.

That being said, this whole debacle about Facebook group censorship is quite disheartening. Also, Casey would it be possible to hear directly from you regarding your alleged " i will fix elm speech" you gave to first years? I would like to know if this really happened directly from you, and if its true your thoughts on the matter. Thank you.

Matt Wright says thanks to Scrub for this post.