MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM
Cell Phone Plan? Sultan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 08-16-2009 04:45 PM
Choosing A Meal Plan Chad Food & Meal Plans 11 08-20-2008 08:27 PM
Cell Phone Help Kevin Computers & Tech 7 08-30-2007 12:29 PM

Choosing the Right Cell Phone Plan: Some Things to Consider

Old 08-26-2009 at 02:18 PM   #61
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
Is a plan that includes text messages necessary?
Believe me texting is quite convenient and a lot of people text a lot. My sister texts like 5000 times a month...I donno about me but I would estimate around 70-120 msgs a day (and that not even a lot cuz its only with a couple of ppl).

Old 08-26-2009 at 02:21 PM   #62
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
Is a plan that includes text messages necessary?
Technically no... you can even opt to block all incoming text messages if you want. Texting today is hugely prevalent however... I like texting better than calling in a lot of cases because it's discreet and you can reach multiple people at the same time.

With the advent of QWERTY handsets, texting is even easier, since you don't need to rely on bad T9Word systems. The only text-prediction technology worth using today is the proprietary SureType system by BlackBerry.