MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Register For Your 2013 Welcome Week MacPass admin MacInsiders Announcements 7 07-16-2013 12:39 AM
Confused xiaoliu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-19-2011 01:42 PM
Little Confused RememberTwce Academics 3 03-16-2011 11:00 PM
very confused Moh2in Residence & Housing 4 08-29-2010 06:19 PM
Should I get the Macpass or not? is welcome week really fun? make lots of friends?? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-25-2010 11:44 PM

Confused about welcome week and 'MacPass'

Old 09-02-2014 at 02:58 PM   #1
Yishai

Liked: 0 Times

Confused about welcome week and 'MacPass'
Hi there, I've been waiting on my OSAP for the past couple weeks thinking it'd arrive before school but it doesn't look like that's the case.

I was starting to think I wasn't going to get to go to McMaster and went in today to talk to the financial aid department. They told me that the wait is normal and I should just go to my first class and not worry.

So now im little sad I missed out on the opening day. I saw people walking around with different t-shirts representing their faculties and wasn't sure were to get one. I assumed I needed a macpass but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to pay for it or what..maybe it was included in my tuition.

Before I could ask anyone about the MacPass/Events it started pouring like crazy and I got drenched

Will anything be going on tomorrow that I can join in on, can I still get those t-shirts?
Old 09-02-2014 at 04:01 PM   #2
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Wait, I am a little confused.
As far as i know, the macpass is included in your tuition this year (for first year).
Are you sure your name isn't on the list? If you are enrolled in first year, your name should be on the list.

As for the OSAP, this is perfectly normal. Once you have completed your forms and submitted your application, OSAP and Mac will take some time to process it. Remember there are applications from the rest of the student body as well. When your OSAP comes in, it will go into your bank account. This usually happens sometime during September. When you get your OSAP, make your payment to the school. Remember there's late fees associated with this, so try to get it done asap.

In any case, speak to the reps at the first available time. This might all just be a misunderstanding.
Enjoy your frosh week!
Old 09-02-2014 at 05:39 PM   #3
twinrainbow

Liked: 0 Times

Hi there,
Don't be sad about what you have missed out during Welcome Week, tomorrow is the Club Fest (Wednesday)and classes start on Thursday. (Yeah!)
If you have missed out on getting your MacPass and T-shirts, maybe stop by the Student Success Centre in Gilmour Hall and ask them for help. There are still T-shirts left (as I was handing them out in T28 for last three days) and you need to get one since you are a first year student.

Please don't feel left out. I wish you seek help at Student Success Centre and don't be afraid to ask questions to nice reps or any upper years on your way!
Old 09-02-2014 at 09:51 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

It's always good to check on these things before waiting until the last minute - on the OSAP website it tells you the approximate time you should get your OSAP (two payments), and it's almost always after school starts in each term - there's no reason to expect it beforehand. In addition, you are still considered registered even if you haven't yet paid your tuition. That is why you have a payment agreement and there are different payment plans.
They usually give out the tshirts and stuff on Saturday, Sunday and Monday so they might be out by now, but it can't hurt to check, and you can still participate in all of the events since the MacPass is included in tuition. It's also a good idea to check your student accounts and see what exactly is included in your tuition so you know what else you're paying for.
It's really important to stay on top of things, otherwise everything will seem pretty overwhelming/stressful if you're trying to figure things out after the fact.