Liked: 0 Times
Med Rad is under Science in the Undergraduate Calendar

I had to check for that too

Old 05-23-2008 at 09:18 AM   #16
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
If the course is required for your major, you will be able to get into it. If it is full then you can go to your faculty and if the course is required for graduation then they will open a seat for you.

Old 05-28-2008 at 08:37 AM   #17
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
It comes out June 9th. The info is on the registrars website somewhere.

Old 05-29-2008 at 02:19 PM   #18
FlyWithMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You would be Friday July 4, and it's the day you get to START registering... not the only day
so is there like a deadline or liek the last day to register? specifically for Faculty of Science?

Old 05-29-2008 at 02:32 PM   #19
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
You don't really want to wait until the last day to sign up for courses. I remember in first year I registered at 12:05 AM on the first night and the course I wanted the most was full! People go fast for their courses. So the earlier the better! I don't know what the deadline would be though. I always do it at 12 AM the day it opens.

Old 05-29-2008 at 02:38 PM   #20
Daisydawne18

So basically when the master timetable comes out, you can "work out" your schedule to your liking and as long as they are available on solar.. you will get that timetable?

Once youve made your choices in Solar... can Mac change that?

Old 05-29-2008 at 02:41 PM   #21
ferreinm
Elite Member

They typically don't. But sometimes courses get cancelled, though.

Old 05-29-2008 at 02:51 PM   #22
Daisydawne18

Cool.. thats good to know.

My first year classes are main science courses plus I get one elective.. so as long as the elective isnt cancelled then Im good to go.

Im just hoping that for some great reason all of the classes will work in a schedule together without major breaks.. Heres hoping!!!! hahaha

Old 05-29-2008 at 02:57 PM   #23
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
About making your timetable when the master list comes out... make sure you always have back up options because like Ferreinm mentioned sometimes classes get canceled OR there are classes that are offered every other year.

Just always have a back-up choice and you can't go wrong!

Old 05-29-2008 at 03:00 PM   #24
ferreinm
Elite Member

I hate courses that are offered every other year! It makes life so difficult.

First year classes like psych, philosophy and big courses don't fill up as fast. Courses that are smaller-- ie Latin, do. So sign up for the courses that you know will fill up fast first.

Old 05-29-2008 at 03:58 PM   #25
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
There is a deadline if you want a timetable. They need over a week to process, so there is a period where no one is allowed to pick courses.

Unfortunately we can't really get information on that until we are able to access SOLAR and pick courses ourselves.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-29-2008 at 04:07 PM   #26
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I've got a good method for making course selection easier. It is forthcoming in an article!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-29-2008 at 04:27 PM   #27
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times
so there is no real way for me to do my courses any earlier like when other first years do it....meaning I HAVE to wait till the day specifically for social science?

Old 05-29-2008 at 04:29 PM   #28
ferreinm
Elite Member

Exactly. All first year social science students choose their courses on the same day and only from that day onward.

Old 05-29-2008 at 04:35 PM   #29
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

anitaa, technically you can have all of your courses sorted out and ready to pick (ie have designed your own time table [explanation forthcoming in an article]), but what Nicole said is right. You are not allowed to log onto SOLAR before the prediscribed date.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search