Important Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-20-2007 12:54 AM
Important Dates Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 01-02-2007 04:00 PM

Course Selection Dates

Old 05-31-2008 at 05:39 PM   #45
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Also Dragonfly,
If a course is a very large one it will have more than one section. This means that there will be many different times when it will be taught. For instance, your friend might be in the same class with you but that friend will have the class in the afternoon while you have it in the morning. If that is the case you can decide whether or not you want to change sections to suit your personal needs.
Unfortunately, not all classes offer this because of size. As you progress through the years of university your classes will get smaller so this will become less and less of an option. It's something to keep in mind during the first 2 weeks of classes while you're adjusting to your classes.

Old 05-31-2008 at 08:09 PM   #46
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
@dragonfly:

See Class Selection Tips - http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1709 4

Step G, you'll be able to pick a 'core' section for each of your classes. For large classes, as Sabrina said, you may have more than one core. If you look at the Master Course Timetable first then it tells you what days and times the core sections will take place at and you can pick which core you want to take (if there's more than one).

Old 06-09-2008 at 04:28 PM   #47
megzx89

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Thursday July 26: Level 2 Social Sciences
I realize that anyone with any common sense would figure out that this doesn't make sense, by reading the order of all the other faculty sign up dates.

So I just thought I'd let you know that that date is wrong. The day for Level 2 Social Science signup is June 26.

Sorry if I'm being nitpicky. Just figured I ought to correct this before people startes freaking out.

Old 06-09-2008 at 06:07 PM   #48
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Thanks!

I totally missed that and apparently lots of others did too!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-09-2008 at 06:07 PM   #49
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Thanks for pointing that out! The date has been corrected.

Old 06-09-2008 at 06:10 PM   #50
megzx89

No problem (Y).

Speaking of social science course selection dates:
This may seem like a ridiculously stupid question, but are those days for ALL students, or just the students that are going to MAC for the first time in the fall? Like I'm returning, going into second year soc sci in the fall (hence the reason why I even noticed that wrong day). Does that mean I choose my courses on the 26th of June, or is that day for like transfer students coming from other universities, for example.

Old 06-09-2008 at 06:21 PM   #51
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I belive transfer students...sort of depend. If Mac honours all of their previous credits they will be in x year. However, if they do not, they will be pushed back a year or two.

It's likely they'd be considered first year, if they were going into second, as they would be short credits.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-09-2008 at 06:22 PM   #52
megzx89

So basically you're saying if I'm a returning student going into second year soc sci next year, I pick my courses on the 26th?

Old 06-09-2008 at 08:06 PM   #53
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Returning student from Mac, yes.

Old 06-09-2008 at 08:46 PM   #54
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times
on the master course timetable when the core is offered say for example tues,thurs, and friday for say 2:30-3:30 does that mean you pick either tues,thurs OR fri to attend or you have to go all three days?

Old 06-09-2008 at 08:49 PM   #55
megzx89

When we got our final marks from last year, and it says what we're "eligible" for for second year, does that mean we got accepted to that program? And if so, how do we accept the offer? (And is it the same for everyone in every faculty?)

Old 06-09-2008 at 08:57 PM   #56
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaa
on the master course timetable when the core is offered say for example tues,thurs, and friday for say 2:30-3:30 does that mean you pick either tues,thurs OR fri to attend or you have to go all three days?
You have to go to all three

Quote:
Originally Posted by megzx89
When we got our final marks from last year, and it says what we're "eligible" for for second year, does that mean we got accepted to that program? And if so, how do we accept the offer? (And is it the same for everyone in every faculty?)
Yep, it means you got into the program. You can accept the offer when you register on SOLAR on June 23rd.

Old 06-10-2008 at 10:42 PM   #57
Chala

so basically anyone going into science level 1 in september could start choosing their courses after june 30th 2008? Is it possible to choose any sooner? Because I will be away on an exchange in Quebec starting June 28th :(
Also, is the student information form supposed to be mailed in july or june?
Do u guys know when the fees for the gym pass should be paid by too?
I really gotta start looking into this university stuff! wow lolz

Old 06-10-2008 at 10:51 PM   #58
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chala View Post
so basically anyone going into science level 1 in september could start choosing their courses after june 30th 2008? Is it possible to choose any sooner? Because I will be away on an exchange in Quebec starting June 28th :(
Also, is the student information form supposed to be mailed in july or june?
Do u guys know when the fees for the gym pass should be paid by too?
I really gotta start looking into this university stuff! wow lolz
Yup, looks like Science Level I can't start picking courses until June 30th. If you're going away, I highly suggest finding a computer on June 30th with Internet so you can pick your courses and not wait until you get back. Maybe go to a public library in Quebec?

New Student forms it is suggested that you don't submit them any later than July 11, 2008

Gym pass you can buy at any time. You get access to a few things in the athletics centre for free for being a Mac student such as access to the Olympic size pool, squash courts, track, etc. The weights and tredmills you pay a fee for a semester or the school year and it's really affordable, but you can buy it at any time.

Old 06-10-2008 at 10:59 PM   #59
Chala

Thanks Chad
I really hope I will be able to be in contact with a computer. I'm still uncertain on which part of Quebec I will be travelling to but I really hope there is a library...there's gotta be a one right? It's Canada haha
Do u know whether it's first come first serve when choosing courses or can we register any time after june 30th?
The Gym pass sounds fab I absolutely luv the athletic centre at Mac...it's so lively!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search