MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Exam Guardians" - Free 1st year exam help concept Mowicz Academics 39 12-20-2010 11:30 PM
loud residence. what should i do? wasupyo Residence & Housing 35 12-15-2010 11:43 PM
Lockers in the Gym DBAC leah.d Athletics & Recreation 14 08-21-2010 11:37 AM
DBAC-April 3rd watkinson Athletics & Recreation 1 03-21-2010 09:59 AM
DBAC Summer Use J-Met General Discussion 4 07-13-2009 02:28 PM

DBAC was way too loud! Needed ear plugs during exam...wtf mac?

Old 12-09-2010 at 10:57 PM   #16
kvdz

Liked: 2 Times

agreed. and the fact that they ignored it in hopes that nobody would notice. then offer ear plugs but only have enough for like 5 people in each section. ha. should have expected something like this. and i doubt they will come up with any better solutions
Old 12-09-2010 at 10:59 PM   #17
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie View Post
Awesome, I'm writing orgo in DBAC.. of all my exams.. the one where I need to be the most focused :|

I might end up bringing my own earplugs so I don't have to wait around in non-silence while they're being distributed haha.
Ouch that sucks, I'm writing orgo in MDCL haha
But it's at 9:00 am right? So maybe people are quieter in the morning?

And once you put on those ear plugs, you can't hear a single thing! I was kinda paranoid that I would miss an announcement like a correction though lol
Old 12-09-2010 at 11:29 PM   #18
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

well that's just great. 3 of my 5 exams are in DBAC..... hopefully the fact that 2 of them are in the AM makes a difference otherwise I blame Mac if I do poorly because of the noise distraction.... I don't understand why they would even consider seating an exam in an athletic centre, knowing that they aren't closing the facilities in it.... Like does Mac really want students to do bad on exams or what.....
Old 12-09-2010 at 11:44 PM   #19
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

I was there running during the 7.30-10.30 exam slot, and no there were maybe 4-5 people running on the track. So there is no way the loud noise is coming from the track. It has to be coming from somewhere else.
Old 12-09-2010 at 11:45 PM   #20
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

nice
time to go jogging while yelling answers ;D

danallan, shes-a-diva* like this.
Old 12-09-2010 at 11:46 PM   #21
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shes-a-diva* View Post
well that's just great. 3 of my 5 exams are in DBAC..... hopefully the fact that 2 of them are in the AM makes a difference otherwise I blame Mac if I do poorly because of the noise distraction.... I don't understand why they would even consider seating an exam in an athletic centre, knowing that they aren't closing the facilities in it.... Like does Mac really want students to do bad on exams or what.....
LoL when it comes to first year engineering yes MAC wants you to do bad so that they can eliminate all the useless students and keep all the good ones. but I don't know what program you are in so I can't judge.
Old 12-09-2010 at 11:48 PM   #22
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
nice
time to go jogging while yelling answers ;D
HAHA eyy gotta keep fit and yeah I may have given out a few answers did you hear me ?
Old 12-09-2010 at 11:55 PM   #23
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
I was there running during the 7.30-10.30 exam slot, and no there were maybe 4-5 people running on the track. So there is no way the loud noise is coming from the track. It has to be coming from somewhere else.
Do you know what's on the second floor? I could clearly see there was a game on a big screen TV in my corner of the gym (section 12), so maybe the guys watching TV there were the problem. Couldn't really locate the source though because it just echoed through the room.

Hopefully they figure this out and put some damn signs for everyone to be quiet.
Or invigilators that don't suck and make announcements to keep the place quiet!
Old 12-09-2010 at 11:57 PM   #24
jajas
Account Disabled by User

No I am not sure what the second floor is. If I am not mistaken there may be a cafeteria. On the track there is signs already though.
Old 12-10-2010 at 12:37 AM   #25
MacEng

Liked: 125 Times

Pssshhhhhhh!

In my first year, we had to write our exams outside, on ****ing stone tablets, while we were pelted with eggs and had Justin Bieber playing over a megaphone.

jajas likes this.
Old 12-10-2010 at 12:41 AM   #26
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEng View Post
Pssshhhhhhh!

In my first year, we had to write our exams outside, on ****ing stone tablets, while we were pelted with eggs and had Justin Bieber playing over a megaphone.
Nice try. They didn't have Beibers back then.

Afzal, bcars like this.
Old 12-10-2010 at 12:50 AM   #27
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

lol earplugs in an exam..fail

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 12-10-2010
Commander
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-10-2010 at 02:00 AM   #28
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

I had an exam on wednesday night and I was pissed about the noise...
so I emailed [email protected] to complain... all they said was thanks for reporting this we will investigate but if you have exams in that room in the future please wear earplugs!
I'm sorry but that it unacceptable! the track at least should be closed during exam hours.... it is so loud and having people stare down at you will writing is nerve racking!
but can you expect anything else from mac.... Not really!

shes-a-diva* likes this.
Old 12-10-2010
Ish001
This message has been removed by a moderator. .