MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deferral of Admission for 1 year, help. JamesK First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-05-2013 09:23 PM
Exam Deferral Denial? MacNeuro Academics 7 12-22-2012 10:01 AM
Exam deferral leehh4 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 04-23-2012 10:56 AM
Exam Deferral Question robots Academics 5 04-23-2011 11:48 PM
Deferral AztekEscobar Academics 7 11-02-2010 06:09 PM

Deferral was accepted, but new requirements?

Old 01-13-2014 at 11:52 PM   #1
JamesK

Liked: 2 Times

Deferral was accepted, but new requirements?
Hey everyone, last year i planned on going to mcmaster university, but unfortunately something came up in my life and i decided to apply for a deferral, and was accepted. Unsure of whether or not i would even go this year, i recently came to the conclusion that i would. So, it appears my entrance is guaranteed by my deferral acceptance letter, but as i was glancing over the requirements ten minutes ago, i noticed that one of them was MCV4U, which is calculus and vectors.

The problem is, i never took MCV4U. i'm pretty sure that between this year and last year they changed the requirement from MHF4U to MCV4U. I'm pretty nervous right now because i'm not sure how this will affect my deferral. I could easily take an independent calculus course between now and september, but i don't know how this will affect my deferral acceptance. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Old 01-14-2014 at 12:26 AM   #2
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

You need to contact admissions at mac immediately. Probably specifically with the faculty you want to get into. This is a very specific situation and I dont think anyone here would be able to give you a solid answer.
Old 01-14-2014 at 12:34 AM   #3
JamesK

Thanks, i'll do that.
Old 01-14-2014 at 12:21 PM   #4
JamesK

Just in case somebody else gets this issue, the probable result is that they'll recommend you take the course independently before you enter mac, and then take the final grade directly to them so they can process it. If not, in some cases if they teach the course at university, you can choose to add it on to your course load when you start.

it does not affect your deferral, which is most important.