I haven't been yet so I don't know 25 27.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1280 adrian Restaurants & Food Reviews 16 09-05-2013 05:26 PM
1280? Qadd General Discussion 31 08-26-2010 09:55 PM
So I went to 1280... SciMania Restaurants & Food Reviews 19 02-12-2010 12:27 AM
1280 joannasmith General Discussion 5 10-03-2009 11:08 AM
What do you want to see from 1280? Nino General Discussion 71 09-22-2009 10:07 AM

Do you like 1280?

Old 09-24-2009 at 08:59 AM   #46
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I'd be interested in running for Fadil's seat in the SRA, but there's so little availible information on how you'd go about getting nominated or running for the election. You shouldn't have to personally know a member of the SRA for this information not to be a mystery.

I'll probably get in contact with Fadil later and figure out exactly what needs to be done, but it is a shame that I couldn't find much relevant info in MSU website news page, the SRA page, the minutes, or the SRA blog. The website still isn't fully updated with vacancies yet either.
It has been since two weeks ago:

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/studentGo...ntatives.h tm
Old 09-24-2009 at 10:15 AM   #47
finklej
Vice President Education

Liked: 42 Times

I agree that now everyone has the time and what not. But those who have the time and the drive should at least try.
I also totally agree that the small group that voice their opinions are better then the apathetic masses. The problem is that not all SRA members use macinsiders and not all students use macinsiders. Many just simply stay away.
This is why I implore people to contact us through email (most of which can be found on the MSU site) or come to the SRA office during the day, there are always at least two members there between 930-430.
Old 09-24-2009 at 10:34 AM   #48
1280promo

Liked: 1 Time

Hey Mac-insiders!

Can we stay on topic as to the likes and dislikes? We have some great suggestions being put to use here!

Make sure you come out to our Tailgate Party this saturday starting at 11am. "Golden Hawks" Wing and Pitcher deal for $14.95!

Afterwards come back for a Bucket of Corona DEAL where you get to keep the bucket!!! The Corona Girls will be there giving out some free stuff. Later that night Doors open at 9pm for our Corona Beach Party, where the Corona Girls will be doing more give-a-ways and samplings! FREE COVER before 10:30!

Twelve-Eighty
Old 09-24-2009 at 10:36 AM   #49
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

So ... getting back on topic, I went to 1280 yesterday for lunch with my girlfriend. We got there around 12:30 and it was pretty busy I'd say. Here's an account of our visit with approximate times after sitting down (mm:ss):

00:00 Sat down

02:30 Received menus and were asked about drinks

03:30 Drinks arrived (One pop, on water)

10:00 We each ordered a burger, on with a side of lattice fries (YUM) the other with onion rings.

27:00 Food arrived. It was delicious though I will probably ask for extra cheese on my burger next time (personal preference)

43:00 asked for the bill and gave our waitress (Bryana I believe) $20 worth of "Quarters" coupons I had from last year

51:00 Payment was settled and we left.

All it all it was a good experience. Even though it was busy, the orders came quickly and the food was good. We payed just over $20 for lunch for two people and we couldn't finish our portions. I definitely like having natural light in the restaurant.

I will agree with a previous comment that coat hooks on the columns would be a good move. Also, even though I knew I was on the McMaster campus and the staff was wearing "Our beaks are bigger" t-shirts, I didn't get a "McMaster" feeling from the place.
Old 09-24-2009 at 11:58 AM   #50
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey.park View Post
Take a look at the rep. profiles:
https://www.msumcmaster.ca/studentGo...s/Overview.htm
Old 09-24-2009 at 12:33 PM   #51
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
I'd be interested in running for Fadil's seat in the SRA, but there's so little availible information on how you'd go about getting nominated or running for the election. You shouldn't have to personally know a member of the SRA for this information not to be a mystery.

I'll probably get in contact with Fadil later and figure out exactly what needs to be done, but it is a shame that I couldn't find much relevant info in MSU website news page, the SRA page, the minutes, or the SRA blog. The website still isn't fully updated with vacancies yet either.
I disagree! I wanted to run for a couple of SRA elections/byelections late last semester(march-ish) based entirely on Proclamation posters and posts on the MSU Website. I didn't know a single SRA member back then and I used to be a first year hence=N00b as far as know how of stuff around campus is concerned.

The call for elections was supposed to be out this week according to one "side" apparently. But there were problems regarding the bylaws(something about the time period compulsory for filling up vacant seats) and this matter will be considered next Sunday. But the Proclamations should be out in October!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-24-2009 at 02:50 PM   #52
stevennevets

Liked: 37 Times

try the breakfasts! they are cheap, good food, and it's not busy so you get amazingly fast service. i was incredibly impressed.
Old 09-24-2009 at 05:04 PM   #53
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
I disagree! I wanted to run for a couple of SRA elections/byelections late last semester(march-ish) based entirely on Proclamation posters and posts on the MSU Website. I didn't know a single SRA member back then and I used to be a first year hence=N00b as far as know how of stuff around campus is concerned.

The call for elections was supposed to be out this week according to one "side" apparently. But there were problems regarding the bylaws(something about the time period compulsory for filling up vacant seats) and this matter will be considered next Sunday. But the Proclamations should be out in October!
I mean specifically in reference to the midterm by-elections, there was information availible for the elections last spring
Old 09-24-2009 at 05:09 PM   #54
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Yes, but having information available to join the SRA would thoroughly throw away the concept of SRA members undemocratically helping friends get seats in order to strengthen their own motions...

AND BACK TO 1280 STUFF.

Wing night kicks ass.
Old 09-24-2009 at 05:18 PM   #55
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Wing night kicks ass.
Here, here

I have coverage that night so I miss the Corona Beach Party, but I'll be there for wings at least one time that day. I love the food and prices so much that I'm really getting over the wait times and service (especially since both have gotten progressively better as the year has gone on).

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from there. I'm probably going to be having at least a few more breakfast dates there are well, you get a ridiculous amount of really good breakfast food for $5/$7.
Old 09-24-2009 at 05:22 PM   #56
deadpool
X-Man

Quote:
Here, here

I have coverage that night so I miss the Corona Beach Party, but I'll be there for wings at least one time that day. I love the food and prices so much that I'm really getting over the wait times and service (especially since both have gotten progressively better as the year has gone on).

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from there. I'm probably going to be having at least a few more breakfast dates there are well, you get a ridiculous amount of really good breakfast food for $5/$7.
While the pitcher/wing deal is AWESOME, I'm also talking about Wednesdays after 5. It's $7.95 for a pound of wings, and you get like 8-10 fattie wings (prob way more than a pound).

I'm working my way through the flavours and my favourite so far is the Louisiana.
Old 09-24-2009 at 06:00 PM   #57
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

I saw today that the 'special' wing prices were OVER 5 BUCKS!!

That is RIDICULOUS!! For 8-10 wings?!?! Come ON.

Most places do 35-45c wings on special days, and around 5 dollars normal.
Old 09-24-2009 at 06:04 PM   #58
deadpool
X-Man

Yes, but most places are also owned by sketchy mafia types who have wings fall off the back of trucks and such.
Old 09-24-2009 at 06:07 PM   #59
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Yes, but most places are also owned by sketchy mafia types who have wings fall off the back of trucks and such.
Uhhh not reallly.

West end? Emma's back porch? Best wings I've ever had.
Old 09-24-2009 at 06:09 PM   #60
deadpool
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Uhhh not reallly.

West end? Emma's back porch? Best wings I've ever had.
I was talking about West End lol. Ask employees about the sketchiness of Simon.

conster likes this.