MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What if I can't get into my required courses yet? goldenx Academics 5 06-18-2013 05:20 PM
what to do if conflicting courses and both courses are very required? killza Academics 11 06-12-2010 05:08 PM
Confused about third year courses nba4life Academics 7 01-03-2010 03:01 PM
Confused about Biology courses for first year killza First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-21-2009 03:24 PM
Confused about chosing my courses :S and how units work Thom14 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 06-30-2009 08:17 PM

Don't have required courses; confused!

Old 09-25-2014 at 03:32 PM   #1
alexadams04

Liked: 0 Times

Don't have required courses; confused!
EDIT: Wow, I realized I posted this in the wrong thread section, haha! Oh well. Maybe someone can help me out anyway. *

Hey everyone. So I'm a bit confused, hoping some of you guys can help me out. I am in Social Sciences I, wanting to go into Honors Geography and Earth Sciences (which I can't post a link to for some reason... just copy/paste that into google, it's in the academic calendar).

First I want to ask if this is cool, even though I'm in Social Sciences. The Admission says completion of any level I program, so I just assumed.

The thing is though, I just decided a little while ago, and I am missing some of the required courses... and the deadline for adding/dropping courses has passed. I wanted to know what my option were. If I cancel a course, what is the cancellation fee? Can I take the required courses over summer, or can I take them in second year? If someone could clear it up, that''d be great.

Also from the same link above, can I use units for more than one category? Like it says 3 units are required from ENVIR SCI 1B03, which is also listed in the 15 units. Can that course count for both? If that makes any sense. Thanks guys

Last edited by alexadams04 : 09-25-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2014 at 07:36 PM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Yes you can take your required courses over the summer just as long as they are actually offered in the summer. Not many courses are offered in the summer time, mostly in fall and winter terms. Geography is a pretty good program (considering I graduated from it).

If you're talking about required courses to get into Geography in second year then you have no choice but to take it in the summer since you need those courses to get into the program in the first place (with the required cumulative average, of course)

Yes, you can use the same course for more than one category. You don't have to take the course twice to satisfy each category. Your degree audit will determine that.