MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy Second Year Electives TLulu Academics 1 06-30-2010 12:50 PM
easy electives for first year luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-29-2010 11:29 PM
Easy First Year Electives? Sweetie321 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-26-2009 06:35 PM
easy 2nd year electives megzx89 Academics 1 12-29-2008 11:02 PM
Easy first-year Social Sciences Electives? Mr.Prodigy Academics 6 12-08-2008 07:36 AM

Easy First Year Electives

Old 06-26-2008 at 02:42 PM   #196
leah.d

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
Hi!
Actually I was wondering which one is easier between Enviro Sci 1A03 and 1B03. It would be really helpful if someone could elaborate on what both the courses actually contain and how they are run and stuff, which could help me get a better insight into both the courses...thanks..
I took EnviroSci 1B03 and it was ALOT of work!!!! there are about 3 or 4 tests throught the course and there are about 5 intensive labs that are boring unless you like dirt and equations and writing.
On top of that there is a HUGE term paper i had to write where you have to have at least 10 sources and they can't be website sources! and you have to write an annotated bibliography for it too. ughh it toook sooo much work! and the TA's mark them so you don't get good marks no matter how hard you work unless you are brilliant! and it was my first essay of the year so i was kind of rusty.

the only good thing about the course was you don't have to buy the text book to pass the course!!!
i, unfortunately did buy the text book thinking i would use it and NEVER even opened it. everything in there is on Luc Bernier's slides.

I would not call this a Bird Course.
Oh and it does count as a science credit i think, so that is good if you need one and don't want to take chem or anything like that.

i don't know much about 1a03 but i hear it was more about weather and it wasn't as hard. but don't take my word for it because i don't have first hand experience with it.
Old 06-26-2008 at 10:03 PM   #197
moonlight

heyy..i need an eassssyyyyy elective..and i am going for life sci first year... can someone please help me :(:(...i was thinking of taking enviro 1a03 or 1b03 but i heard that b03 is really hard...and 1a03 is full already...even before SOLAR opens for us :'(...so can someone please help me outtttttttttt??
Old 06-26-2008 at 10:23 PM   #198
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
heyy..i need an eassssyyyyy elective..and i am going for life sci first year... can someone please help me :(:(...i was thinking of taking enviro 1a03 or 1b03 but i heard that b03 is really hard...and 1a03 is full already...even before SOLAR opens for us :'(...so can someone please help me outtttttttttt??
hey moonlight. check the course review section. During first year I took the two psych courses. They aren't necessarily easy courses, all courses require work and effort, but i thought it was fair and decent if you put your effort in. The science inquiry course was pretty easy for most ppl that took it. check the review section for more options and opinions.
Old 06-26-2008 at 10:32 PM   #199
moonlight

heyy..well for electives...i HAVE to take Chem 1A03, Chem 1AA3...and i was thinking of taking Inquiry 1SC3, Physics 1BB3...and i need one more elective... and Enviro 1A03 is full =(
Old 06-26-2008 at 11:08 PM   #200
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
heyy..well for electives...i HAVE to take Chem 1A03, Chem 1AA3...and i was thinking of taking Inquiry 1SC3, Physics 1BB3...and i need one more elective... and Enviro 1A03 is full =(
well you don't have to necessarily pick everything from the science faculty. maybe try and think of something else you are interested in learning about. alot of ppl take econ 1b03 ane 1bb3. then there are ppl that take lingistics and other stuff. really depends what you enjoy learning about and want to learn more about. hard to help you pick... some of the other geo courses are pretty "easy" so ppl say... really depends on your self to know what is easy or not. different ppl good at different things.
Old 06-29-2008 at 04:01 PM   #201
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

wait how do you know enviro 1ao3 is full already??
Old 06-29-2008 at 04:35 PM   #202
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

exactly :S
how can Env. Sci 1A03 be full if tomorrow (technically tonight at 12), is the first day for the first year students to pick courses :S..
isn't env. sci 1a03 a level one/year one course? :S
Old 06-29-2008 at 04:37 PM   #203
zango
Elite Member

well i guess because 1st and 2nd years enrolled in the env sci course might be guaranteed a spot, but if anyone knows why this class would be full for sure already please say so.
Old 06-29-2008 at 04:42 PM   #204
pinkshuniza

i don't think they are guaranteed a spot though, because .. look

ENVIR SC 1A03 ATMOSPHERE AND HYDROSPHERE An introduction to the processes involved in weather, climate and surface and subsurface waters with a focus on the human impacts on these processes.
Two lectures, one tutorial, one lab (one hour); second term

it doesn't say anything about a pre-req or anything of that sort..
it's an open elective course...

i guess we can just find out tomorrow, when it opens for the Science faculty..
hopefully, it won't be full..
otherwise -_-
there goes my sced.
Old 06-29-2008 at 05:09 PM   #205
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

It would most likely be full for upper-year students.

First Year students planning on majoring in Environmental Science will be allowed to take it no matter what.

Also, very few first year courses have prereqs...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by lorend : 06-29-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2008 at 05:37 PM   #206
zango
Elite Member

so wait will it still be open as an elective for first years?
Old 06-29-2008 at 05:55 PM   #207
moonlight

well my sis is going into third year and she is in science faculty and she wanted to take that course as well since it is very easy but she couldn't since it is already full ...and it can be full of upper year students since they get a chance of choosing courses before first years do... and i actually went on SOLAR from her ID and checked that it was full =(...i want to take that course as well but ALAS! :( well still let's hope for the best =D
Old 06-29-2008 at 05:56 PM   #208
pinkshuniza

this sucks -_-'
time to remake my sced -_-'
Old 06-29-2008 at 05:57 PM   #209
pinkshuniza

thanks for letting us know
Old 06-29-2008 at 05:59 PM   #210
moonlight

i know man...even i had to remake my schedule 3 times >_<...and still gotta make it for term 2 by tonight...argghhh...s oooo much work, man...