MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy Second Year Electives TLulu Academics 1 06-30-2010 12:50 PM
easy electives for first year luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-29-2010 11:29 PM
Easy First Year Electives? Sweetie321 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-26-2009 06:35 PM
easy 2nd year electives megzx89 Academics 1 12-29-2008 11:02 PM
Easy first-year Social Sciences Electives? Mr.Prodigy Academics 6 12-08-2008 07:36 AM

Easy First Year Electives

Old 06-11-2010 at 05:49 PM   #346
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaltandan View Post
Agreed lol. I don't know why people keep on saying they're bird courses- they definitely are not.
Probably because they are actually bird courses for those people. "Easiness" is subjective.
Old 06-11-2010 at 05:58 PM   #347
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

any opinion on Econ 2H03?
Old 06-12-2010 at 04:25 AM   #348
Serene
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Kin 1Y03/1YY3 for the people who can memorize a lot of things =)
Old 06-13-2010 at 03:51 PM   #349
Shananaghens

Liked: 3 Times

I'd like to point out that generally any of the Environmental Science first year courses are considered easy electives, however I did not find that with Enviro 1A03 - it's about weather and is incredibly boring - for someone who is not in the program, you may find this a challenge. I'd definately recommend Envirosci 1G03 or 1B03 (keep in mind, 1B03 does have a term paper - G03 does not). Also, if you're really good at math, Math 1B03 is a great elective - I took it, half the time didn't understand what was taught in lecture, but if you go to tutorial and do practice questions, it's an easy 10+ (I got an 11)
Old 06-13-2010 at 03:56 PM   #350
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Probably because they are actually bird courses for those people. "Easiness" is subjective.
lol I guess, but I haven't heard 1 person so far say that they found either of them easy this past year...
they were brutal lol.
Old 06-13-2010 at 03:59 PM   #351
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
lol I guess, but I haven't heard 1 person so far say that they found either of them easy this past year...
they were brutal lol.
I'm sure there are people. Generally people don't go around saying "oh that was so easy". I find that more people go around complaining that it's hard. Because if someone isn't regularly on the forums and they did good, they usually don't go on the forums. But if someone isn't regularly on the forums and they did bad then they'll go on the forums to complain.

I don't know why it's like that, but that's just my observation.
Old 06-13-2010 at 04:04 PM   #352
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
I'm sure there are people. Generally people don't go around saying "oh that was so easy". I find that more people go around complaining that it's hard. Because if someone isn't regularly on the forums and they did good, they usually don't go on the forums. But if someone isn't regularly on the forums and they did bad then they'll go on the forums to complain.

I don't know why it's like that, but that's just my observation.
Yeah I could see how that's true, but I wasn't referring to these forums, I'm meaning talking to people in real life lol...

but yeah, your point makes sense in forum terms lol.
Old 06-13-2010 at 06:47 PM   #353
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMe3 View Post
is it just that one class for linguistics?
Linguistics 1A03 is offered first term and it covers phonetics, phonology, and morphology. It serves as a pre-requisite for Linguistics 1AA3, its second semester counterpart, in which you will learn about syntax, semantics, and child language acquisition. I was in Life Science I and I took both courses and was able to 12 them with little, if any effort (I didn't even study for the 1AA3 exam). I wouldn't say they're bird courses by any means as there are probably easier electives, but the subject just sort of "clicked" with me very easily.
Old 06-14-2010 at 03:48 PM   #354
drew4008

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mike View Post
Linguistics 1A03 is offered first term and it covers phonetics, phonology, and morphology. It serves as a pre-requisite for Linguistics 1AA3, its second semester counterpart, in which you will learn about syntax, semantics, and child language acquisition. I was in Life Science I and I took both courses and was able to 12 them with little, if any effort (I didn't even study for the 1AA3 exam). I wouldn't say they're bird courses by any means as there are probably easier electives, but the subject just sort of "clicked" with me very easily.
MIKEE! So random that I come on here and just see your name haha. When do I get to see you puking all night again! hahah
Old 06-14-2010 at 04:05 PM   #355
kunaltandan
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
I know it is, but generally speaking, "bird" courses are those which don't require much work to be put in and still produce decent marks. Psych required so much work (for the generic student) and the marks still weren't "decent". But I still agree with your statement.
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:10 PM   #356
ashleychin

Liked: 0 Times

Most of the electives that I want are full. =[ Are space typically available in Aug (when it is open again for everyone)?
Old 06-14-2010 at 08:11 PM   #357
ashleychin

Liked: 0 Times

Thank you!
Old 06-16-2010 at 04:02 PM   #358
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew4008 View Post
MIKEE! So random that I come on here and just see your name haha. When do I get to see you puking all night again! hahah
Oh god, haha; feel honoured to have seen me at my lowest moment. I guess that's what happens when you drink half of a 26er of Smirnoff in less than half an hour. I didn't know that you went on MacInsiders too!

Last edited by _Mike : 06-16-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2010 at 05:01 PM   #359
BDiplock63

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly-2 View Post
Hi, I'm a first year student and need really easy electives because my other courses r really tough. I like art and have a bit of knowledge about art history...but I'm not sure if I should be taking Art History 1A03 and Art History 1AA3. I'm also considering Linguistics 1A03 and Anthropology 1A03. Can someone please tell me about the difficulty level of these courses! I only have a day left to decide!
Hey Curly,

I didn't look through the whole thread, so if this is repetitive I apologize. I am a second year science student, and I would suggest you take Enviro 1A03. I found it fairly dry, but its pretty easy in terms of 1st year electives go. If the breakdown is like last year, you basically get a free 15% in quiz marks that are word for word in the text . The labs are all really basic and simple and the tests aren't to bad either!

Hope that helps!

Ben
Old 06-17-2010 at 06:58 PM   #360
Paul91

Liked: 4 Times

Does anyone know how Labour Studies 1C03 is? The topic should interest me, but I don't want to write long essays.