MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 in the same semester a good idea? melodicdream First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-13-2009 01:04 PM
Econ 1B03 and ECON 1BB3 lampk Academics 24 06-24-2009 09:26 AM
Econ 1B03 or 1BB3 mmal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-27-2008 12:09 PM

Econ 1B03

Old 06-16-2008 at 05:25 PM   #136
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

Econ 1B03
Econ 1B03 is all about Microeconomics, unlike Econ 1BB3 which is about the opposite, Macroeconomics. Check out my review for that here.

In essence, you'll be learning about how the economy affects individual businesses...

Last edited by samantha__ : 06-16-2008 at 05:49 PM.

all say thanks to samantha__ for this post.

like this.
Old 01-08-2013 at 05:37 PM   #135
nadinee

Liked: 16 Times
i hear the night class with usman hannan is brutal and its really hard to do well.. is this true?
Old 01-08-2013 at 08:24 PM   #136
Omar36

Liked: Liked 2 Times
anyone able to tell me what to expect from the math part of this course? i only took gr 11 math and did decent so im wondering how hard it is going to be.
Old 01-08-2013 at 09:08 PM   #137
chinb3

Liked: 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnanC206 View Post
Would you recommend buying the textbook?
Nope! I didn't buy the textbook. The slides are enough to do very well on the midterms and exams. I would just recommend doing the past midterms and exams that Holmes post to study off of, and you can even google extra econ questions because Holmes gives bonus quizzes throughout the term and she uses questions from other tests that have tons of questions that can help you study off of. (The answer key for those tests are usually there too)
Old 01-10-2013 at 02:58 PM   #138
petkoa

Liked: 0 Times
EASIEST ELECTIVE I'VE TAKEN THUS FAR,

Pay attention in class, do the readings and get practice tests from upper years and you are set. If you put minimal effort in you will get very high marks.
Old 01-10-2013 at 04:44 PM   #139
Frankenseuss

Liked: 23 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar36 View Post
anyone able to tell me what to expect from the math part of this course? i only took gr 11 math and did decent so im wondering how hard it is going to be.
Not bad at all; don't worry about it. It's all very basic.
Old 03-12-2013 at 11:45 AM   #140
ngarber

Liked: 2 Times
Mmhmm, I agree with previous posts - it's very basic and the amount of math on the tests is minimal. Definitely my easiest elective.
Old 04-05-2013 at 11:29 AM   #141
Cherrie123

Hi everyone, does anyone know who will be teaching ECON 1B03 and 1BB3 this summer? How easy are the profs? I am registered in microeconomics with Holmes, does anyone know if she's still hard with her tests/exams or has she changed a bit?
Old 07-08-2013 at 03:09 AM   #142
danielw

quizzes are super easy
tests are super easy
exam was medium difficulty

if you can find the area of a triangle you can 12 this course
Old 09-08-2013 at 06:10 PM   #143
derp

Anyone had Gajic for this course before?
Old 03-23-2014 at 09:48 PM   #144
Patricktaf

Very easy elective. Learnt most of the course from podcasts and still did well.
Old 04-06-2014 at 05:31 PM   #145
tenorins

Which is econ course is better to take in the summer? 1B03 or 1BB3? Considering the fact that I'm retaking Math 1LS3 for a better mark (and to minor in Math possibly).
Old 08-08-2014 at 12:41 AM   #146
ljh01

Do you guys know how this course is with Gajic? Is it still easy? Or does she/he make it harder?
Old 09-07-2014 at 02:07 PM   #147
iphonejoe

I thought this was a very interesting and generally manageable course. While some concepts we covered were overly simplified, the majority of the information was useful and served to be an excellent introduction to lots of economics concepts.

I had Katie Holmes who I found to be an engaging and well spoken prof, I ended up watching the podcasts more than actually attending the classes, however.

Definitely recommended for first year engineers who need an easy credit while still wishing to learn something interesting.
Old 12-25-2016 at 08:12 PM   #148
tee.

Great Course
This course definitely lived up to its reputation, but make sure you take it with Hannah Holmes, I hear the one with the other professor is not the same.

There are many resources to help you do well in this course. She has her modules, the textbook, lectures, and practice tests and exams. I didn't go to many lectures and they were podcasted. As long as you do the modules/videos and some practice questions you should be fine, that's all I did.

The math isn't difficult, if you're decent at math, but you have to understand the concepts to do it properly. That being said a few questions are tricky, but in the long run it won't make a difference to your mark.
Professor Holmes gives many bonus opportunities to ensure you have a good mark.

Anyway, I highly recommend this course if you are in a science and need something to lighten up your load.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search