MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Engineering Level I courses LukeEngineer First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-27-2010 04:54 PM
Engineering Level II Question VastHorizon Academics 2 04-29-2010 10:10 AM
Anyone going to Engineering Level 2 ????? endearing66 Academics 15 07-06-2009 05:59 AM
Getting into level 2 engineering Programme anthonyvella First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 03-12-2009 08:42 PM

Engineering Level Cut-offs*

Old 07-16-2010 at 10:15 PM   #60
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangyeub View Post
What is highest CA? Is it 10?

I am a first year student :(
The highest possible CA is a 12. Having around a 9 or 10 thought will get you into any stream you want.

Old 07-16-2010 at 10:30 PM   #61
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times
No only a zerois a failure. Here is a better explaination http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...ent/pg145.html

Old 07-16-2010 at 10:41 PM   #62
BenTran

Liked: 3 Times
Right off the registrar's website:

Admission to Level II Engineering programs requires completion of all non-elective Engineering I courses with a minimum Cumulative Average (CA) of 4.0. All programs have limited enrolment; should there be more applicants than the limiting number in any program, admission to that program will be based on a points system, computed as the product of the Sessional Average (SA) and the number of units taken in the session (a minimum of 31 units will be used in the calculation). Students who do not meet the requirements to proceed to Level II in May will have a Pending flag put on their allocation. The Pending flag will be removed in August if the student completes the requirements over the summer.

In addition, admission to a B.Eng.Mgt. program requires the completion of ECON 1B03 with a minimum grade of 5.0; an interview may also be required.
Students admitted to a B.Eng.Society program are required to submit a statement indicating the educational objectives for the focus electives.

Students seeking admission to the Engineering and Management program, the Engineering and Society program, or the Engineering and International Studies program must first be admitted to the relevant department. Thereafter, they will be considered for admission to one of these three programs.

Old 07-16-2010 at 10:47 PM   #63
sangyeub

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenTran View Post
Right off the registrar's website:

Admission to Level II Engineering programs requires completion of all non-elective Engineering I courses with a minimum Cumulative Average (CA) of 4.0. All programs have limited enrolment; should there be more applicants than the limiting number in any program, admission to that program will be based on a points system, computed as the product of the Sessional Average (SA) and the number of units taken in the session (a minimum of 31 units will be used in the calculation). Students who do not meet the requirements to proceed to Level II in May will have a Pending flag put on their allocation. The Pending flag will be removed in August if the student completes the requirements over the summer.

In addition, admission to a B.Eng.Mgt. program requires the completion of ECON 1B03 with a minimum grade of 5.0; an interview may also be required.
Students admitted to a B.Eng.Society program are required to submit a statement indicating the educational objectives for the focus electives.

Students seeking admission to the Engineering and Management program, the Engineering and Society program, or the Engineering and International Studies program must first be admitted to the relevant department. Thereafter, they will be considered for admission to one of these three programs.

Do we have to do interview for B.Eng.Mgt ?

I really hate interview :( wat about society?

Old 07-17-2010 at 04:19 PM   #64
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
Quote:
Do we have to do interview for B.Eng.Mgt ?

I really hate interview :( wat about society?
That paragraph is the first I have heard of it, so don't know. No one I know of had to do an interview though. Maybe its for the students who are barely making the cutoff? Not sure :(

Old 07-17-2010 at 04:39 PM   #65
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
That paragraph is the first I have heard of it, so don't know. No one I know of had to do an interview though. Maybe its for the students who are barely making the cutoff? Not sure :(
This^

I've never heard of Interviews - but I do recall reading it in the past on the guidelines.

Old 07-20-2010 at 11:00 AM   #66
macdaddio

Liked: 0 Times
OK, I can understand the cutoff for Biomed being high, but why is there such a demand for civil?

This seems the easiest engineering field to gert into at other universities.

Also suprised to see mechanical higer than mechatronics.

Old 07-20-2010 at 12:23 PM   #67
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddio View Post
OK, I can understand the cutoff for Biomed being high, but why is there such a demand for civil?

This seems the easiest engineering field to gert into at other universities.

Also suprised to see mechanical higer than mechatronics.
Thats exactly why. Since it is known as the easiest engineering stream, people put it as a backup.

Old 07-20-2010 at 04:15 PM   #68
dilollbm

Liked: 2 Times
highest is a 12 .. make friends with those ppl

ThagsanaR likes this.

Old 07-25-2010 at 07:48 AM   #69
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times
Is it possible to get Science cutt offs as well?

Btw, this is my 150th postttt!! I might not post another one for a while lol.

Old 09-18-2010 at 09:53 AM   #70
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times
Quote:
What is highest CA? Is it 10?

I am a first year student :(
its 12 and im still not in uni

ViktorVaughn likes this.

Old 09-23-2010
Freija
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-23-2010 at 08:03 PM   #71
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times
what the fuck just happened

Old 11-28-2010 at 09:49 PM   #72
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times
Stephen!! its called planning!

still not sure abt Materials or chemical!

Old 11-28-2010 at 10:41 PM   #73
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times
Engineering is by far the toughest undergraduate program on campus.

MacPack likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search