MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
failed courses and your CA jarjar Academics 7 06-12-2010 09:14 PM
Failed Courses gabriela.05 Academics 4 06-02-2010 07:53 PM
regarding failed courses... BinMonitored First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 12-11-2009 01:25 AM
commerce failed courses Alexx8 Academics 11 01-01-2009 09:27 AM
Repetition of Courses: Students may repeat courses that have been failed or for which Arnold Academics 2 12-07-2008 04:39 AM

failed many courses

Old 12-29-2012 at 10:03 PM   #16
Jesse.C
Account Locked

Liked: 30 Times

did you take a year off?
Old 12-29-2012 at 10:56 PM   #17
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Honestly, there are two ways this could go.

Either you failed for a "legit" reason that will get you reinstated if you fail the year, or you didn't.

If you did have one of those reasons, then you have more options because these fail marks can be erased.

If you don't have a reason that would get you reinstated, then I would advise seriously reconsidering what you're doing here. Both in university in general, and the program you're in, and also reconsidering your career goal(s). What you're doing right now might just not be for you, and taking a year off and then coming back to do the same thing won't do a whole lot to change that. When people take a year "off", it's what they do with that year that really makes a difference.

No matter what the reason, you should see an academic advisor.

*spark*, lifesciman1 like this.
Old 12-31-2012 at 03:45 AM   #18
pink32

Liked: 0 Times

you can also take enough courses second term and use them as electives later ( for the ones that are not related to your program) , and if you get a 6.0 in your second term and that will give you a 3.0 as your cumulative average, and will help you stay in the university. keeping in mind that you failed the prerequisites like ( chem 1a03 for chem 1aa3 ).You can still take courses that do not require and do prerequisites, ask your advisor as well when the school reopens.
Gud luck!
Old 12-31-2012 at 06:21 AM   #19
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Judging by your real name, I think a phone call to your stereotypical academically obsessed parents is in order.

*insert asian dad meme*
I actually do find this a little insulting...though your parents may be able to help you out...
Old 12-31-2012 at 12:11 PM   #20
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
I actually do find this a little insulting...though your parents may be able to help you out...
He could have said it better, but I personally don't find it insulting given on common extreme focus on academics is amongst Asian Americans/Canadians. I know a significant number of Asian students who had fantastic marks in highschool but were constantly and closely monitored by their parents. Some of them ended up fine in university, while others ended up with no sense of time management or social skills, both of which are really damn important.

Being entirely honest here--suicide would undoubtedly be at least a consideration before I'd tell my parents that I have to repeat a year due to failing, if there was absolutely no way I could just hide it from them.
Old 12-31-2012 at 01:16 PM   #21
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post

Being entirely honest here--suicide would undoubtedly be at least a consideration before I'd tell my parents that I have to repeat a year due to failing, if there was absolutely no way I could just hide it from them.
Is this suggesting OP commit suicide?
I'm sure there are other options...
Old 12-31-2012 at 01:22 PM   #22
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
Is this suggesting OP commit suicide?
I'm sure there are other options...
No? Where on earth did you get that? Careful how you extrapolate.

I'm stating my personal feeling towards this subject because of the pressure that I feel, and the shame and fear that I would feel in such a situation, in response to your offense at a reference to a stereotype that is, for some of us, far more than a stereotype.

Zebedee says thanks to Amaryll for this post.
Old 12-31-2012 at 02:20 PM   #23
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryll View Post
No? Where on earth did you get that? Careful how you extrapolate.

I'm stating my personal feeling towards this subject because of the pressure that I feel, and the shame and fear that I would feel in such a situation, in response to your offense at a reference to a stereotype that is, for some of us, far more than a stereotype.
Re-read what you said, then maybe you will understand where they got it from.
"suicide would undoubtedly be at least a consideration"

Zebedee says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.

Zebedee likes this.
Old 12-31-2012 at 02:27 PM   #24
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

You guys take life way too seriously^^ obviously she was exaggerating.

Zebedee likes this.
Old 12-31-2012 at 02:34 PM   #25
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesciman1 View Post
You guys take life way too seriously^^ obviously she was exaggerating.
Who said I agreed? I was just explaining "where on earth" they got it from. That was all. Don't jump to conclusions now.

lifesciman1, Zebedee like this.
Old 01-09-2013 at 08:24 AM   #26
nzgirl

Liked: 0 Times

Take term 2 off, and try transferring to a college