MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a few questions... :S ricechrispy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-26-2011 05:21 PM
Questions.. Silver Residence & Housing 5 05-28-2011 12:35 PM
Questions.... Silver First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-18-2011 03:35 PM
Questions.. kwyhan Academics 7 06-15-2010 09:52 PM
Course Questions RyanC Academics 6 06-10-2010 10:07 AM

A few questions

Old 08-26-2011 at 01:27 PM   #1
xiaoliu

Liked: 7 Times

A few questions
Hi, i just had a few questions and i was hoping to have them answered here!

1. If i have selected my courses in mugsi, but have not paid the fee (my brother told me to wait until the osap money arrives), does that mean once i pay it i will get my schedule and become an actual student? And are those courses "reserved" for me?

2. for my student card i still haven't handed in the new student form, i plan on doing that in person sometime soon when i look for housing near mac. when will i get it and ill have to pick it up in person?

3. for frosh week and other major school events, how do i pay for these things and get more information about whats happening and such?

4. i am interested in getting a gym pass, how do i get this?

Thanks, and if there's any other tips i should know, please tell me

Last edited by xiaoliu : 08-26-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2011 at 01:40 PM   #2
cl1124

Liked: 0 Times

1. Yes, if you have selected your courses on mugsi and confirmed your payment agreement, then those courses will be reserved for you.
2. You can either mail in your new student form or submit it to the school in person. I got the card in the mail before school started but I handed it in really early so you might have to pick it up in person since you still haven't hand in your form yet.
3. You should get an email from McMaster about frosh week and the major events.
Old 08-26-2011 at 01:54 PM   #3
xiaoliu

@cl

1. i am not sure if i confirmed my payment agreement, all i know is that when i go on mugsi, i see a list of courses i have selected by default. I haven't paid the fees yet though
3. can i still pay for frosh week? and is there any other large events?

also how do i get a gym pass
Old 08-26-2011 at 01:57 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
@cl

1. i am not sure if i confirmed my payment agreement, all i know is that when i go on mugsi, i see a list of courses i have selected by default. I haven't paid the fees yet though
3. can i still pay for frosh week? and is there any other large events?

also how do i get a gym pass
1. Then just confirm it again.

3. MacPass: http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...come-week.html

4. You can purchase a Pulse membership at the athletic centre.
Old 08-26-2011 at 02:00 PM   #5
cl1124

Liked: 0 Times

1. mugsi solar will always show the courses you have selected. But you should go to solar and check if you have confirmed your payment agreement. And your schedule should be posted already on undergraduate personal timetable on this site: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /cis/ahtml/login.htm
2. I'm not sure if you can still pay for frosh week, they should have stated a deadline on the email they sent about frosh week. And they will give you more information about the big events when school starts.
Old 08-26-2011 at 02:23 PM   #6
xiaoliu

i just selected all the required courses because i know those fill up that, and i haven't decided on my electives, so when i go on mugsi, i just see the required courses and maybe 1-2 electives i have decided, but they do not add up to 30.

am i safe with those courses? or do i still need to confirm my payment even without the 30 units chosen?
Old 08-26-2011 at 02:38 PM   #7
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoliu View Post
i just selected all the required courses because i know those fill up that, and i haven't decided on my electives, so when i go on mugsi, i just see the required courses and maybe 1-2 electives i have decided, but they do not add up to 30.

am i safe with those courses? or do i still need to confirm my payment even without the 30 units chosen?
School starts soon...you should really finish selecting all of your courses. Payment is due Sept 1 (or your first payment is, depending which payment option you select on your payment agreement). If you don't have enough units then you won't be considered a full-time student, won't get a bus pass, etc. Many electives fill up so at this point you probably won't get into the more popular courses. The new student form was due a long time ago, so I guess at this point you'll have to go into the registrar. Depending how busy there are, there might be a delay in processing your student card.
You should have a schedule already, based on the courses you have selected--have you checked to see if one is available? (It doesn't get emailed to you, you have to check yourself)