MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classes Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-08-2010 07:19 PM
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
first day of classes luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-08-2010 08:58 AM
First Aid Classes VoyozooT General Discussion 2 07-31-2009 11:20 PM
What do you do in between classes? MacEng General Discussion 12 08-27-2008 10:23 PM

First Day of Classes

Old 08-27-2008 at 05:25 PM   #1
Holly

Liked: 0 Times

First Day of Classes
Hey, I don't know if this question was answered anywhere else...

But for the first day of classes on Thursday, is there a special schedule to follow? Or do we just start with our Thursday classes as seen on our timetables, and then the Friday class after etc... and then just start the next week with Monday? I'm thinking this is what will happen, but I found it kind of odd that we wouldn't have a chance to meet all of our proffs in the first week of school.
Old 08-27-2008 at 05:31 PM   #2
Trauma04

Yup, you're right. The first day of school you follow your thursday schedule, then friday you follow that day, etc. etc. I don't think there are any meet the prof days, at least that i'm aware of. You can usually just talk to them after class or go to their office hours. Hope that helps!!
Old 08-27-2008 at 07:24 PM   #3
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

We don't go to our EOW classes during the first week of school right? From Sept 4 to the next Thursday.
Old 08-27-2008 at 08:11 PM   #4
Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotic View Post
We don't go to our EOW classes during the first week of school right? From Sept 4 to the next Thursday.

EOW classes? :s
Old 08-27-2008 at 08:44 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

You don't have to go to your tutorials or labs the first week unless your professor tells you that you have to. So if your labs and/or tutorials are EOW, then yes you don't have to attend them.
Old 08-27-2008 at 08:46 PM   #6
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Follow your normal timetable as usual for the first days. You will NOT go to any labs or tutorials the first week. Do NOT go to any labs or tutorials, unless you've been to its respective class already. In the first class of every course, they will tell you when labs and tutorials begin and what dates you specifically have to go. This is for normal labs as well as EOW labs.

Eg. Thursday you have Bio 1A03 lab and Friday you have Bio 1A03 class. Don't go to the lab on Thursday. At the class on Friday, the professor will tell you when you start the labs and tutorials.
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:23 PM   #7
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma04 View Post
Yup, you're right. The first day of school you follow your thursday schedule, then friday you follow that day, etc. etc. I don't think there are any meet the prof days, at least that i'm aware of. You can usually just talk to them after class or go to their office hours. Hope that helps!!
----- completely irreleveant --------

i LOVE weezer!! the green album is amazing!!!!!!! except i like blue and pinkerton better...

----- end -------------------------------