MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classes Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-08-2010 07:19 PM
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
First Aid Classes VoyozooT General Discussion 2 07-31-2009 11:20 PM
First Day of Classes Holly Academics 6 08-27-2008 10:23 PM
What do you do in between classes? MacEng General Discussion 12 08-27-2008 10:23 PM

first day of classes

Old 08-28-2009 at 09:23 PM   #16
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Even if it's a 10 minute class, it'll give us a chance to socialize with classmates, and meet people. Since you'll probably have a lot of people in the same core classes. And insteadof rushing to class, you can take your time
Old 08-28-2009 at 10:15 PM   #17
gcruz91

Liked: 0 Times

so depending on what day of the week the 10th is, those are the classes we attend...im assuming
Old 08-28-2009 at 10:29 PM   #18
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

thats a thursday and yes I believe you would attend your thursday classes. (correct me if im wrong)

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 08-28-2009 at 11:35 PM   #19
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Even if it's a 10 minute class, it'll give us a chance to socialize with classmates, and meet people. Since you'll probably have a lot of people in the same core classes. And insteadof rushing to class, you can take your time
Haha, this is true but at the same time, everyone is sort of quiet and/or wants to get the hell out of there once the ten minutes is up. Socializing usually comes in on the second class.
Old 08-29-2009 at 12:08 AM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
thats a thursday and yes I believe you would attend your thursday classes. (correct me if im wrong)
That is correct.
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:35 AM   #21
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Haha, this is true but at the same time, everyone is sort of quiet and/or wants to get the hell out of there once the ten minutes is up. Socializing usually comes in on the second class.
So true! But I'm thinking about breaking that, and actually starting on the first day , so much better , especially if you have to wait till the next week for the second class :(
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:40 AM   #22
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Haha ya awkward moments anyone? First class looking around at all these "weird" people you have never seen before in your life hoping you will see just one person from your high school in the class.

Old 08-29-2009 at 02:46 AM   #23
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

You guys might feel... strange, because it'll likely be literally hundreds of students in the room with you. I didn't want to see the people from my highschool hahaha, I know there were four others from my highschool going to Mac, but I didn't really even try to be like buddy buddy with them, because I wasn't buddy buddy with them in highschool.

That will happen a lot, people cling to their highschool classmates, who they weren't even friends with before, and sort of forget to meet new people.
Old 08-29-2009 at 02:52 AM   #24
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Haha ya its just a little weird with this new "playground." Though thats just stupid, you should be friends with people who appeal to you, not just because you know them. I find thought that a lot of people are suitable friends (some closer than others of course). But there are a few oddballs out there.

Old 08-29-2009 at 04:12 AM   #25
Boolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
Haha ya its just a little weird with this new "playground." Though thats just stupid, you should be friends with people who appeal to you, not just because you know them. I find thought that a lot of people are suitable friends (some closer than others of course). But there are a few oddballs out there.
very true. Once the ice is broken its easy to tell if someone checks in as a potential friend or one of those people you prefer to keep physical distance from.

Old 08-29-2009 at 04:13 AM   #26
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

I definitely won't be around people from my high school, since, like you said we weren't friends in highschool, just classmates with occasional conversations. So now it's time to meet new people not make friends with them
Old 08-29-2009 at 04:14 AM   #27
Boolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
I definitely won't be around people from my high school, since, like you said we weren't friends in highschool, just classmates with occasional conversations. So now it's time to meet new people not make friends with them
off topic: hey cool another night person lol

Old 08-29-2009 at 04:19 AM   #28
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
off topic: hey cool another night person lol
Haha, staying up is the best <3 .. yay nocturnals
Old 09-03-2009 at 08:55 PM   #29
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

so if i only have tutorials on thursday (sept 10) i dont have to attend??
also, are we allowed to skip tutorials?
Old 09-03-2009 at 08:56 PM   #30
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by syan9184 View Post
so if i only have tutorials on thursday (sept 10) i dont have to attend??
also, are we allowed to skip tutorials?
You don't have to go to any labs or tutorials unless you are told to do so by your professor.