MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to be productive on the breaks you have between classes cjordan The Secret Files 39 10-06-2010 05:52 PM
Classes Juve First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-08-2010 07:19 PM
How likely is it that we'll get into the classes we want? ShesTheMan Academics 17 08-10-2010 11:28 PM
first day of classes luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-08-2010 08:58 AM
Too many day classes? amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-31-2010 06:10 PM

First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks?

Old 08-21-2010 at 11:44 PM   #16
cellphone

Liked: 5 Times

1st day of classes you should have so much bookkeeping stuff to do! You can either go check out the tb and stuff you need from titles or the tank, pick up your OSAP, check out the underground for some used book deals, check out clubsfest, usually there is something going on on campus, figure out what clubs you wanna join, get your room in order! I was always so busy first week!
Old 08-22-2010 at 06:21 AM   #17
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
Ya...how do you pass the time?
READ AHEAD! If get up to speed in your classes you'll have a lot less stress throughout the year.

and do the clubsfest thing of course

Last edited by rcrw88 : 08-22-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-22-2010 at 10:14 AM   #18
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphone View Post
1st day of classes you should have so much bookkeeping stuff to do! You can either go check out the tb and stuff you need from titles or the tank, pick up your OSAP, check out the underground for some used book deals, check out clubsfest, usually there is something going on on campus, figure out what clubs you wanna join, get your room in order! I was always so busy first week!
The Underground closed in April of last year. Also, clubsfest is the day before classes start.

There's always stuff to do though, even if it's hanging out with people or getting some food!
Old 08-22-2010 at 11:47 AM   #19
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
yes! especially in winter/rainy weather. It can be very confusing though, despite the bajillion signs directing you places. It definitely took me a while to figure everything out down there, especially since there's more than one way of getting places. For months, I was taking a super-roundabout route to where I had my Kin test on Friday...and then I finally realized there was a much much faster way to get there So if you know where you're going, it's convenient...otherwis e, not so much
The buildings have a strip of coloured tile in the basement, which is meant to help you differentiate between the buildings.

One is black (TSH [I think!]) one is Green, and I think the other is blue.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-22-2010 at 08:08 PM   #20
miatomasi

Liked: 15 Times

i have a question !
i've heard that you don't go to your tutorials/labs in a course until you have had a lecture in that same course, is this true? or do you just go to every class on your schedule starting immediately?
Old 08-22-2010 at 08:11 PM   #21
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatomasi View Post
i have a question !
i've heard that you don't go to your tutorials/labs in a course until you have had a lecture in that same course, is this true? or do you just go to every class on your schedule starting immediately?
This is always true for labs and true for tutorials 99% of the time...I've only ever heard of a tutorial happening in the first week of class once. If nothing is posted on Avenue, I wouldn't bother going until you've been to the first lecture--they usually use the first lecture to do administrative stuff for the course, such as going over the course outline and telling you when labs/tutorials start.
Old 08-22-2010 at 08:12 PM   #22
miatomasi

Liked: 15 Times

thankss !