MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
G20 Protest in Toronto follows Sunday Bobby66 General Discussion 6 06-28-2010 12:02 AM
ELM protest .. kind of Kathy2 Computers & Tech 39 01-22-2010 09:16 PM
Protesting the Protest! micadjems General Discussion 239 11-08-2009 11:04 PM
How do i hand in assignments? Chambr General Discussion 3 09-22-2009 10:58 AM
hand sanitizer davey General Discussion 1 10-10-2008 05:53 PM

G20 Protest in Toronto goes out of hand

Old 06-28-2010 at 09:20 AM   #120
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times
I ended up getting another day off from work

Old 06-28-2010 at 09:31 AM   #121
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times
I was stuck in downtown all weekend since they cancelled the trains back to Hamilton or anywhere else.
It was alright, protesters weren't hurting civilians.... But I was searched like 3 times while walking down bay street Sunday morning. I think it was because I was wearing a black dress.. and all the rioters wore black... but thats really dumb.

I had to work in Hamilton on Sunday morning, and couldn't make it back on time.
I called in and explained the situation to the manager, but later in the day my supervisor was sending me texts that were basically accusing me of lying or something. she said something like " why would one be in Toronto when one had to work the next day..etc" So I replied saying that I had a wedding to go to Saturday morning and was panning to be back in Hamilton by Saturday night however the bus and train cancellations did not allow me to.

So I don't know.. are they being unfair or was my reason for not being able to make it to work not very good?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search