MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wrongfully kicked out? doesitmatter Academics 2 09-22-2010 10:28 PM
will i be kicked out? manap3000 Academics 10 04-30-2010 07:20 PM
Kicked out of University? Charbs Academics 5 01-30-2010 12:05 AM
Will I get kicked out? don.999 Academics 11 09-02-2009 06:20 AM
Am I Going to Get Kicked Out of Mac?? please help hablagen Academics 34 05-30-2009 05:15 PM

Getting kicked out of residence

Old 07-11-2008 at 06:08 PM   #16
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

I know, the smell is brutal. I also remember in September i think it was, some guys were trying to install a stripper pole?!
Old 07-11-2008 at 06:14 PM   #17
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

ahahahah the stripper pole....
Fourth floor boys, causing the infamous 3 hour fire alarm at like 1130pm. The whole building was sooooo happy.
Old 07-11-2008 at 06:15 PM   #18
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Haha...wow. Guess they didn't get the memo that things that happen at Western don't usually happen anywhere else :p (required background reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saugeen...ugeen_stripper)
Old 07-13-2008 at 05:06 PM   #19
SaraM

Liked: 0 Times

everyone was amazed at how long he stayed around...

one of his majors included taking part in a slip and slide in the basement of hedden.

so crazy!

Sara M.
Nursing
Level III
Old 07-13-2008 at 08:24 PM   #20
danallan

Liked: 27 Times

in my experience (which was in McKay), you CAN drink...as long as you don't do anything stupid. the CA's didn't really want to bust anybody, so the only people who ever did get majored were idiots who brought it upon themselves. the only people i knew who got majored broke windows/doors, played their music too late past quiet hours, etc. if you just keep your booze on the downlow, you'll be fine.
Old 07-14-2008 at 04:31 PM   #21
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I'd like to mention that some CA's are more strict than others in obeying the rules. Just because it was one way one year doesn't mean it will be the same the next. RLS staff changes on a yearly basis.

When I was in first year one of my friends got a major for underage drinking before we had the first floor meeting that explained the res rules. I had other CA's that were much more leniant. Again, it depends.

And IF (and big if, as I know this isn't true for most of you nowadays) you can get a major for drinking and being of legal drinking age. So if you delayed applying a year and are already 19, or have a birthday early in the year, you can still get in trouble for drinking.

But, as it has been previously mentioned, don't be a moron and you should be okay.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-17-2008 at 06:48 PM   #22
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Oh man, I know who you're talking about that got kicked out at the beginning of April last year. I didn't realize he got 12 majors though, my god.
Old 07-19-2008 at 10:10 PM   #23
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

I like this guy, I really wanna meet him lol. Actually I probobly have..
Old 07-22-2008 at 12:09 PM   #24
SEXY MAC

Liked: 0 Times

I must admit i was this wonderfull boys neighbor in hedden this past year...and i must say, he made my first year the ultimate university experience. We become and are still good friends to this day. The funny part is, althgouth he had 12 major offences ( technically he had 10 majors and 6 minors,adding to 2 majors), he turned 19 in october.. so not every one of his offences was for underage drinking of anysort. I admit he did get out of hand and i'm sure i can't disclose some of the events that took place (although the slip and slide in the basement was a blast!), but in the end the boy has a wonderful spirit and was just the crazy first year we all want to be. He was in a triple and him and his 2 roomates had a total of about 17 majors and 7 minors if i remember correctlyy, i did end up writing an article about him. I can truly say that to some extent we did live like the kids in American Pie in some sorts but we did buckle down when it came to academics and all recieved above average marks in the end.

Sonya Furdyk
Hedden Hall resident 2007-2008
Hedden Hall Welcome Week Rep 2008-2009!
Old 08-14-2009 at 02:40 PM   #25
Roshaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha__ View Post
Don't be loud, and don't draw too much attention to yourself.

But yeah, I saw people getting kicked out of res for smoking weed in their room a few times, in Brandon. People on the floor complained I think.

And wow Sara, 12 Majors?! LOL. I'm amazed he lasted that long.
u get kicked out for smoking weed in ur room regarding that u dont bother others??

thats harsh...pretty harsh... not even a warning O__O??

btw...who made that sexy mac song on youtube??
Old 08-14-2009 at 03:17 PM   #26
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshaan View Post
u get kicked out for smoking weed in ur room regarding that u dont bother others??

thats harsh...pretty harsh... not even a warning O__O??

btw...who made that sexy mac song on youtube??
Smoking is not permitted in any residence room or any building on campus. Marijuana is decriminalized in Canada, but not permitted on school grounds.

You break the rules, you pay for it.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by lorend : 08-14-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-14-2009 at 04:00 PM   #27
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

afaik, weed is decriminalized
you can smoke it, but can't carry a lot of it or sell any.

Last edited by FireDragoonX : 08-14-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2009 at 05:14 PM   #28
Roshaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Smoking is not permitted in any residence room or any building on campus. Marijuana is decriminalized in Canada, but not permitted on school grounds.

You break the rules, you pay for it.

i myself do not smoke weed... and im allergic to tobacco smoke. I dont drink either... what i meant to say is that its kinda harsh kicking one guy out for smoking weed nd giving other people fines for drinking on campus while they're under the age...
Old 08-14-2009 at 06:07 PM   #29
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

All major offenses for res are at the discretion of the RLS staff and the Res Managers...so if they feel something is more offensive than others that's their right, I guess.

Old 08-14-2009 at 06:21 PM   #30
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Don't they have to report underage drinking to the police since it's a provincial offense?